Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748

Thread: Are Croatians Slavic or Germanic?

Last Online
    01-29-2017 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    _
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,930
    Given: 1,607

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    Look, this Gothic thing is ridiculous and it was political, not scientific (which you probably know!) And Illyrian movement was actually Pan-South Slavic, it was before genetics era when people belived our primarly origin was Illyrian.
    It wasn't a South Slavic movement, it was a Croatian movement. Have you ever heard a Serb claiming he's illyrian, I don't think so.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

It wasn't a South Slavic movement, it was a Croatian movement. Have you ever heard a Serb claiming he's illyrian, I don't think so.
    It was, don't get fooled by it's name. Most of people in it were Croats, but it was meant for all Southern Slavs living inside A-H. And many Serbs participated, such as Josip Runjanin who composed the music for Croatian anthem.

Davai, for you: (because you like to povoke!)

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    _
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It was, don't get fooled by it's name. Most of people in it were Croats, but it was meant for all Southern Slavs living inside A-H. And many Serbs participated, such as Josip Runjanin who composed the music for Croatian anthem.
    Really interesting, guess you learn something new everyday . I'll do more research later.
    And btw about the Goth theory, I sort of know it's solely political as you said, however I like to think that Croats and Bosniaks have germanic influence ( which they do, but it's not their roots as Hitler claimed ), because it's actually quite visible sometimes.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-12-2016 @ 03:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Belarusian
    Country
    Quebec
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,692
    Given: 734

0 Not allowed!

Czechs probably more Germanic influence than most Slavs. I've never seen them going bananas over it.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-12-2016 @ 03:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Belarusian
    Country
    Quebec
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,692
    Given: 734

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by davai View Post
    I wonder whether or not you could split those samples between Sclavonian and Dalmatian since those are 2 different species under 1 country nowadays?I am sure Sclavonians will cluster significantly closer to Slovenians and Hungaroids while Dalmos are gonna cluster with Bosnian Serbs.))

real Croatia is very tiny.

Data are not mine. It is from Eurogene's Admixture K15 run. I used the data to construct PCA plot. The admixture will need to be re-run that takes a lot of time . But I don't think there are Croatian samples representing different regions available to the public.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BalkanPower View Post
    Really interesting, guess you learn something new everyday . I'll do more research later.
    And btw about the Goth theory, I sort of know it's solely political as you said, however I like to think that Croats and Bosniaks have germanic influence ( which they do, but it's not their roots as Hitler claimed ), because it's actually quite visible sometimes.
    I think it's very minor, it's more the other way, Austrians have Slavic influence as stated before. Looks wise yeah I agree, many South Slavs can fit in Southern Germany etc because we are taller than other Slavs and tend to have sharp look, which people can see in Germans sometimes. It's a dinaric overlap. Yes there were Gothic tribes in southeastern Europe, but so were they in Poland, Iberia, N.Italy etc. I think they didn't left much trace. PS Central Europe was very Celtic, and Southern Germans look Celtic often, it's not ''real'' Germanic look. Since Celts were present here too, overlap happens. Do you think similar?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    _
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I think it's very minor, it's more the other way, Austrians have Slavic influence as stated before. Looks wise yeah I agree, many South Slavs can fit in Southern Germany etc because we are taller than other Slavs and tend to have sharp look, which people can see in Germans sometimes.
    It's a dinaric overlap. Yes there were Gothic tribes in southeastern Europe, but so were they in Poland, Iberia, N.Italy etc. I think they didn't left much trace. PS Central Europe was very Celtic,

....and Southern Germans look Celtic often, it's not ''real'' Germanic look. Since Celts were present here too, overlap happens. Do you think similar?

Yes for sure i've had Germans call me German for example, yet Russians call me Russian too. South-Slavic men, well even women do have sharp features as you mentioned yes, like sometimes I get the feeling that I look more Slavic than a lot of Russians I meet. I guess it's the rough-featured dinaric element, while Baltid in my eyes looks very feminine.
    I mention this because it seems to me when people think of Slavic they seem to think of rough features, yet a lot of East Slavs don't have those features, so I think it has to do more with the sub-races as you said, relating to the Southern German overlap.

I don't know about this I have been to Ireland many times and I haven't seem a resemblance, contrary to the common belief ( I'm guessing you already know this ) the Celts were originally jet black hair, pale white skin and green eyes, it was the viking influence that gave people the impression Celts were stereotypically ginger.
    Southern Germans are more Alpine anyway.

Last Online
    09-12-2015 @ 01:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    With long history of blodshed
    Country
    Belarus
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21
    Taxonomy
    Kurganoid
    Politics
    Traditionalism & Reactionary Right
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,816
    Given: 1,259

0 Not allowed!

Tko nije German od Hrvata, kurac mu se ne diže!
    Let us leave modern men to their ‘truths’ and let us only be concerned about one thing: to keep standing amid a world of ruins.
    - Julius Evola "Handbook of traditional living"

Last Online
    09-12-2015 @ 01:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    With long history of blodshed
    Country
    Belarus
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21
    Taxonomy
    Kurganoid
    Politics
    Traditionalism & Reactionary Right
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,816
    Given: 1,259

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by davai View Post
    ^^ impotent.

hello mongrel gypsy, happy to see you back.
    Ha-HA ! Vlach classified as Gypo officially on this forum is calling someone mongrel!
    How is your kinky jet hair and unibrows my dear Ottoman offspring?

I will be gone very soon , i just came here because i have seen Alicja lost my contact.
    Let us leave modern men to their ‘truths’ and let us only be concerned about one thing: to keep standing amid a world of ruins.
    - Julius Evola "Handbook of traditional living"

Banned
    Last Online
    06-12-2015 @ 08:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Goodbye
    Ethnicity
    Bye
    Country
    Israel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90