Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would you say that it is much harder for many Irish and British people to pass in southern France?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders ( Koninkjrik België )
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    60% Borreby with strong 40% Keltic Nordid admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,200
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Alvarez View Post
    Really? I've heard the opposite. In some countries like Germany, the French are stereotyped as being rather dark-haired and dark-eyed.
    Yes, they are stereotyped dark in comparison to Germans and not in comparison to Spaniards or Italians or Greeks.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Straightman View Post
    What about Northern Italians who also have Gaulish, Roman and some Germanic ancestry? Aren't the French as a whole closer to them? Not too pale, but medium complected, shorter on average than NW Europeans, majority dark brown hair, high percentage of dark eyes. Sure, the French(especially northern ones) have somewhat higher percentage of light eyes and light hair, but is the difference that big? I don't know about distribution of phenotypes and don't even take that too seriously, btw.
    The majority of French are chestnut brown - haired with mixed or dark eyes. However light eyes (blue, green, gray, etc..) amounts to 45% of the native population. This is still higher than even some of the northernmost regions of Italy.

The most common hair colour in France (Cheveux Chatains) found in 50% of their population.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ringRosary.jpg

Ein einzelner Gefangener.. Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Horse-Human of Wyoming
    Ethnicity
    Hillbilly
    Country
    Germany
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U106/R-Z156
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Taxonomy
    Country Boy
    Politics
    Zeitzeuge einer Zeitenwende
    Hero
    Klaus Störtebeker, Kurt Knispel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,543
    Given: 5,382

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
    No, it’s because not many Germans are good-looking anyway. Some North - East Germans could pass more for Poles than anything.
    What are you even talking about? You ever crossed the border to Germany?
    Runen raunen rechten Rat, über eiserne Felder nun zur Tat!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PlattitüdenPaule View Post
    What are you even talking about? You ever crossed the border to Germany?
    Dude. I went to Germany a couple of times. The first time, I was in Germany, it was in Cologne. I was about ten years old with my father. As a child, I loved your people. I don't know but I liked the sports teams and just the passion over there. Later, I went to Aachen, Hannover (I went to Ricklingen) and Frankfurt. The German people at least to me seem very friendly. I have also German friends for a very long time and I worked with German people as well. To clarify things, I wasn't saying that Germans are ugly either, but in my opinion Southern French people are as a whole better - looking. I know that there are some gorgeous blonde German women out there, but as a whole you have much more rugged features. That's all. Nothing to be alarmed.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    Yeah, especially if they are from north Germany and especially NW Germany, massive heads, big features and quite pale, the even fairer Dutch would often look atypical even somewhere like Lille.
    The Dutch are less CM-looking than Germans and Belgians by the way. The Dutch lean more in a Nordid direction in terms of phenotype than CM. They are blonder - haired than Germans, but not blonder or paler than the NW Germans. I'd say only the British and Irish are paler than them.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    North Italians have a tendancy to darker skin, something that just isn't seen in the French, i visited Grenoble and the people there were remarkably uniform in complexion, no one was darker than say Gary Lineker and few were as pale as a typical Irish or Scot.
    I saw many Northern Italian women with their cascading dark hair and flawless olive skins, a really good combination.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,519
    Given: 5,853

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
    I saw many Northern Italian women with their cascading dark hair and flawless olive skins, a really good combination.
    Their features are nice but they are a bit too dark for my taste, I like the pale ones.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    European Union
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 606

0 Not allowed!

Northern Italians are darker in large part because of mixing with Southern Italian migrants since the 60s. Actually a lot are even entirely of Southern Italian parentage and many have a South Italian parent or grandparent. I don't know if or when the large migration from South to North stopped, but there are millions of Northern Italians of partial or full South Italian origin. These are mainly in the cities and towns and the village population is supposedly unaffected by this. A former Northern Italian member with the username Peyrol said many years ago that Northern Italians from villages and very many in urban areas too are significantly lighter in skin, hair and eyes pigmentation because they are the real and unmixed Northern Italians, who are like ethnic French or at least Southern French in pigmentation.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,519
    Given: 5,853

1 Not allowed!

Northern Italians are darker in large part because of mixing with Southern Italian migrants since the 60s. Actually a lot are even entirely of Southern Italian parentage and many have a South Italian parent or grandparent. I don't know if or when the large migration from South to North stopped, but there are millions of Northern Italians of partial or full South Italian origin. These are mainly in the cities and towns and the village population is supposedly unaffected by this. A former Northern Italian member with the username Peyrol said many years ago that Northern Italians from villages and very many in urban areas too are significantly lighter in skin, hair and eyes pigmentation because they are the real and unmixed Northern Italians, who are like ethnic French or at least Southern French in pigmentation.
    I used to work with a bunch of Italians from Trento, some were very light and even freckled, others were quite dark but more akin to average Spaniards or Greeks rather than non euro looking, as a group they are definitely more Med than southern French.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    CM + Alpinid + Orientalid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,067
    Given: 1,967

1 Not allowed!

Swarthy complexions are significantly more common in even far Northern Italians than in ethnic Austrians. Ernst Frizzi found a roughly 20% gap in light skin and hair between the German and Italian speaking populations in the County of Tirol. The native Po valley population would be somewhat darker pigmented than Trentino. It is doubtful if native Northern Italians are notably closer to Austrians or Swiss Germans in pigmentation than to Southern Italians. This is especially considering that only a weak majority of Southern Italians were found to have swarthy/brownish unexposed skin according to Coon. With Southern French the situation could be different, although there is still a significant genetic distance between Occitans and Piedmontese across the Alps. IIRC Provençal French user Petalpusher said that Southern French are lighter skinned than Iberians/Italians in the region.

From Frizzi report:

https://books.google.com/books?id=9u...%C2%A0&f=false
    Last edited by Melkiirs; 05-04-2024 at 06:26 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information