Religion
    Eastern Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,079
    Given: 353

3 Not allowed!

Sacha is my kind of gal because I was just thinking about making a troll thread that was like "classify this extremely swarthy dark Scandinavian woman" and I was looking for the exact perfect picture of a very Scandinavian woman with brown eyes, and that I'd respond to everyone in the thread calling me crazy with "but she has brown eyes?". I didn't go through with it because I am not as brave as Sacha.
    It's Modelo Negra time

Last Online
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bangla
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 143

0 Not allowed!

hahahaha lol what is this

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Bangla
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Straightman View Post
    Oh yeah the blond Afghan guy. Well I suppose there are a small number of them. But are Afghans really South Asian? They are Iranian speakers and I think their country is considered crossroads of Central and South Asia. I think it is more like Tajikistan than even Pakistan, though part of Pakistan is Pastun. They are lighter than South Asians for sure. More of them can pass in parts of Europe or Turkey, Caucasus etc than South Asians can too.
    Afgan Pashtuns are definitely South Asian, they're like 10-20% AASI/SAHG on qpAdm, that's a whole lot compared to West Asians and South Asians. Not a lot of Mongoloid either like the Hazaras or Uzbeks or whatever. 15% AASI is a lot for the region.

The Tajiks are more shifted because they have much more Anatolian stuff, much less AASI and way more Mongoloid. Hazaras Uzbeks etc are of course proper Central Asian with their makeup, and Pamiris and the likes are ofc in the West Asian camp but Pashtuns are definitely South Asian tho lighter.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,336
    Given: 1,215

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Afgan Pashtuns are definitely South Asian, they're like 10-20% AASI/SAHG on qpAdm, that's a whole lot compared to West Asians and South Asians. Not a lot of Mongoloid either like the Hazaras or Uzbeks or whatever. 15% AASI is a lot for the region.

The Tajiks are more shifted because they have much more Anatolian stuff, much less AASI and way more Mongoloid. Hazaras Uzbeks etc are of course proper Central Asian with their makeup, and Pamiris and the likes are ofc in the West Asian camp but Pashtuns are definitely South Asian tho lighter.
    Yeah that's cute, that doesn't change the fact they are not south Asian. How does scoring south Asian qualify one being south Asian when they also score Anatolian Neo among other things? Grouping Afghan pashtuns with bengalis like yourself is absurd, when their direct neighbours like tajiks and pamiris classified as central Asian?

Also, why don't you mention how much the most west shifted leas south Asian groups get on dstats in terms of AASI? It's a shit ton more than Afghan pashtuns. Southern and Eastern pashtuns are usually the proxy for the pashtun homeland, their AASI levels is quite low even on dstats and on illustrative it's between 6-12%, whereas jatts get well above 20%. The only pashtuns who score higher AASI is northeast pashtuns, of which majority are assimilated dardic tribes.
    Whatever the case, genetically majority of geneticists class Afghan pashtuns as specifically south central Asian, culture is iranic/ pastoralist semi nomadic. You are bugging buddy.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Bangla
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    Yeah that's cute, that doesn't change the fact they are not south Asian. How does scoring south Asian qualify one being south Asian when they also score Anatolian Neo among other things? Grouping Afghan pashtuns with bengalis like yourself is absurd, when their direct neighbours like tajiks and pamiris classified as central Asian?

Also, why don't you mention how much the most west shifted leas south Asian groups get on dstats in terms of AASI? It's a shit ton more than Afghan pashtuns. Southern and Eastern pashtuns are usually the proxy for the pashtun homeland, their AASI levels is quite low even on dstats and on illustrative it's between 6-12%, whereas jatts get well above 20%. The only pashtuns who score higher AASI is northeast pashtuns, of which majority are assimilated dardic tribes.
    Pamiris and Tajiks are obviously not genetically the same as Pashtuns of course is why. Pamiris score far, far less AASI/SAHG on average compared to Pashtuns who are scoring 10-20% AASI/SAHG on formal analysis like qpAdm and not shoddy g25/Illustrative models that deflate AASI. 6% for afg Pashtuns is absolutely laughable of course that's way too low. That figure is closer to what some Tajiks get or what Pamiris get. Tajiks are very different honestly from Pashtuns
    https://www.reddit.com/r/illustrativ...ians_from_the/
    BTW the Pashtun North Afghanistan one on IllustrativeDNA seems to be just a Tajik profile because this Tajik is only close to that one and not other Pashtun profiles when it comes to genetic distance. Not Pashtun Uthmankhel or the other Pashtuns

Well, South Asian is a broad category. Pashtuns would be on the more "West Eurasian" shifted end with lower AASI (but still significant, 10-20% is pretty big). Bengalis would be on the East Asian shifted side of the scale along with Assamese populations, being 15-25% Tibeto-Burman.

Assuming you're talking about Punjabis and shit they get between 20-30% AASI, and around like 23-24% on average. They are also firmly South Asian so I don't know what your point is bringing them up. So yes, Pashtuns have less than them in the 10-20% range for AASI on qpAdm.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Pamiris and Tajiks are obviously not genetically the same as Pashtuns of course is why. Pamiris score far, far less AASI/SAHG on average compared to Pashtuns who are scoring 10-20% AASI/SAHG on formal analysis like qpAdm and not shoddy g25/Illustrative models that deflate AASI. 6% for afg Pashtuns is absolutely laughable of course that's way too low. That figure is closer to what some Tajiks get or what Pamiris get. Tajiks are very different honestly from Pashtuns
    https://www.reddit.com/r/illustrativ...ians_from_the/
    BTW the Pashtun North Afghanistan one on IllustrativeDNA seems to be just a Tajik profile because this Tajik is only close to that one and not other Pashtun profiles when it comes to genetic distance. Not Pashtun Uthmankhel or the other Pashtuns

Well, South Asian is a broad category. Pashtuns would be on the more "West Eurasian" shifted end with lower AASI (but still significant, 10-20% is pretty big). Bengalis would be on the East Asian shifted side of the scale along with Assamese populations, being 15-25% Tibeto-Burman.

Assuming you're talking about Punjabis and shit they get between 20-30% AASI, and around like 23-24% on average. They are also firmly South Asian so I don't know what your point is bringing them up. So yes, Pashtuns have less than them in the 10-20% range for AASI on qpAdm.
    Talk about Afghan pashtuns with me, not Pakistani Pashtuns. Majority of Afghan pashtuns are around 10% AASI which ain't much. Most Punjabis are more than 30%.

Pashtuns and tajiks in Afghanistan are essentially extremely similar, even genetically they are not much different at all. South Asia starts at the Indus. AHH yes ofcourse illustrative DNA deflates AASI when not a few hours ago I was reading south Asian Reddit users claiming it actually INFLATES IT! Which one is it?
    Why are south Asians obsessed with SAHG when you completely disregard a plethora of other factors when grouping people? Afghan pashtuns are not south Asian, it really does not matter what a bengali Canadian thinks.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Bangla
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    Talk about Afghan pashtuns with me, not Pakistani Pashtuns. Majority of Afghan pashtuns are around 10% AASI which ain't much. Most Punjabis are more than 30%.

Pashtuns and tajiks in Afghanistan are essentially extremely similar, even genetically they are not much different at all. South Asia starts at the Indus. AHH yes ofcourse illustrative DNA deflates AASI when not a few hours ago I was reading south Asian Reddit users claiming it actually INFLATES IT! Which one is it?
    Why are south Asians obsessed with SAHG when you completely disregard a plethora of other factors when grouping people? Afghan pashtuns are not south Asian, it really does not matter what a bengali Canadian thinks.
    It depends on the population some get AASI deflated while others have their AASI inflated on IllustrativeDNA regardless I was always talking about Afghan Pashtuns because they get like 10-20% SAHG on AVERAGE on qpAdm and they're usually on average like 14-15% SAHG there.

Also, Punjabis do get 30% but the actual range is like 20%-30% SAHG while the average is like 24%. qpAdm is a formal academic software used by actual geneticists and it will always take precedence over shoddy Illustrative/g25 models.

SAHG is a very important component to look at and I also looked at Anatolian and Mongoloid. Mongoloid is super important for Central Asian populations. So yeah Pashtuns are South Asian while populations like the Hazara Uzbeks etc are Central Asian while groups like the Pamiris Tajiks etc are West Asian with South Asian and Central Asian influences.

So yes if you are Pashtun, you are South Asian.

That's why Afghanistan is considered diverse, because it has South Asian, West Asian and Central Asian peoples. Don't get emotional at the facts lol.
    Last edited by Ketchup; 04-30-2024 at 07:24 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    NW German
    Country
    Germany
    Taxonomy
    Tronder (G25)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 799
    Given: 635

1 Not allowed!

He's a great actor and personality. I like him very much.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    NW German
    Country
    Germany
    Taxonomy
    Tronder (G25)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 799
    Given: 635

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Straightman View Post
    He looks like this Romanian actor a bit.
    Same hairstyle, beard and coloration and people confuse phenotypes right away. It‘s really ridiculous here.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It depends on the population some get AASI deflated while others have their AASI inflated on IllustrativeDNA regardless I was always talking about Afghan Pashtuns because they get like 10-20% SAHG on AVERAGE on qpAdm and they're usually on average like 14-15% SAHG there.

Also, Punjabis do get 30% but the actual range is like 20%-30% SAHG while the average is like 24%. qpAdm is a formal academic software used by actual geneticists and it will always take precedence over shoddy Illustrative/g25 models.

SAHG is a very important component to look at and I also looked at Anatolian and Mongoloid. Mongoloid is super important for Central Asian populations. So yeah Pashtuns are South Asian while populations like the Hazara Uzbeks etc are Central Asian while groups like the Pamiris Tajiks etc are West Asian with South Asian and Central Asian influences.

That's why Afghanistan is considered diverse, because it has South Asian, West Asian and Central Asian peoples. Don't get emotional at the facts lol.
    The ones I've seen are around 11%, so I don't know where you are getting the 20% figures from other than Pakistani Pashtuns which I'm not talking about. Calling pamiris as west Asian is laughable. How are you making the criteria for who passes for what? For instance, I can easily say, Pamiris are south Asian compared to west Asians because they score SAHG in qpadm and west Asians don't. Regardless, both pamiris and pashtuns score SAHG, whilst tajiks especially Afghan tajiks score almost the same as Afghan ( not Pakistani) pashtuns. Even then, genetics is just one aspect of grouping people into regions. You people are south Asian desis, afghans are not.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information