Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Users Past or Present?

Last Online
    06-01-2024 @ 11:27 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    mtDNA
    T1a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,069
    Given: 3,196

5 Not allowed!

In no particular order (still I’m gonna put ladies first)
    Ellethwyn
    paradox
    Aila
    Alenka
    calxpal
    Feiichy
    InmostLight

Vandor
    Rumata
    Dušan
    CommonSense
    Dick
    rothaer
    Colonel Frank Grimes
    Mr.G
    frankhammer
    Most of the Romanian members; some are not so active
    Roy - we don’t see eye to eye on certain topics, but I think he’s a decent member with good taste in music
    Aspirin - I appreciate his taste in music and sometimes he posts funny stuff
    SilverKnight- he's a good guy, though we see many things very differently

Past- Ion Băsescul; he was a valuable member for the Genetic section

I mentioned some with which I’m a bit more familiar, but there are many intelligent and nice members on the forum.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European descent
    Ancestry
    1/2 Hungarian, 1/2 German + English
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,600
    Given: 25,142

3 Not allowed!

Some of my favorite people who are no longer active here:

Markos
    Pajkosbalna
    PaleoEuropean
    Kaspias
    Kökény
    Terminator98
    The Blade
    Turul Karom

Last Online
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,780
    Given: 13,414

0 Not allowed!

I remember there was a mexican member who changed his nick many times but his last name was Kaliman I think. He had a really special sense of humor, I think I was the only one who caught his jokes.

Also Gamera, the first peruvian member on this forum.

Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    63.08% Eurasian, 28.75% SSA, 8.18% Amerind
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Taxonomy
    Pardo
    Politics
    Traditionalism
    Hero
    Pedro Santana, Joaquin Balaguer
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,938
    Given: 4,691

0 Not allowed!

Lol, ChileRaptor.
    "My name is The Patriot, my fatherland is Santo Domingo, my condition is Citizen, my religion is the love of truth and justice, and my occupations are to boldly attack vice and loudly praise virtue".

Banned
    Last Online
    08-07-2023 @ 11:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Chidingfold Surrey
    Country
    England
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+Angle-Saxon
    Politics
    Tory
    Hero
    Queen Elizabeth I (the golden age)
    Religion
    Anglican
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 154

0 Not allowed!

grabthegauge , I guess it is hard to say really :

SECTION 34. A man must be still a greenhorn in the ways of the world, if he imagines that he can make himself popular in society by exhibiting intelligence and discernment. With the immense majority of people, such qualities excite hatred and resentment, which are rendered all the harder to bear by the fact that people are obliged to suppress — even from themselves — the real reason of their anger.

What actually takes place is this. A man feels and perceives that the person with whom he is conversing is intellectually very much his superior.

He thereupon secretly and half unconsciously concludes that his interlocutor must form a proportionately low and limited estimate of his abilities. That is a method of reasoning — an enthymeme — which rouses the bitterest feelings of sullen and rancorous hatred. And so Gracian is quite right in saying that the only way to win affection from people is to show the most animal-like simplicity of demeanor — para ser bien quisto, el unico medio vestirse la piel del mas simple de los brutos.

To show your intelligence and discernment is only an indirect way of reproaching other people for being dull and incapable. And besides, it is natural for a vulgar man to be violently agitated by the sight of opposition in any form; and in this case envy comes in as the secret cause of his hostility. For it is a matter of daily observation that people take the greatest pleasure in that which satisfies their vanity; and vanity cannot be satisfied without comparison with others. Now, there is nothing of which a man is prouder than of intellectual ability, for it is this that gives him his commanding place in the animal world. It is an exceedingly rash thing to let any one see that you are decidedly superior to him in this respect, and to let other people see it too; because he will then thirst for vengeance, and generally look about for an opportunity of taking it by means of insult, because this is to pass from the sphere of intellect to that of will — and there, all are on an equal footing as regards the feeling of hostility. Hence, while rank and riches may always reckon upon deferential treatment in society, that is something which intellectual ability can never expect; to be ignored is the greatest favor shown to it; and if people notice it at all, it is because they regard it as a piece of impertinence, or else as something to which its possessor has no legitimate right, and upon which he dares to pride himself; and in retaliation and revenge for his conduct, people secretly try and humiliate him in some other way; and if they wait to do this, it is only for a fitting opportunity. A man may be as humble as possible in his demeanor, and yet hardly ever get people to overlook his crime in standing intellectually above them. In the Garden of Roses, Sadi makes the remark: — You should know that foolish people are a hundredfold more averse to meeting the wise than the wise are indisposed for the company of the foolish.

On the other hand, it is a real recommendation to be stupid. For just as warmth is agreeable to the body, so it does the mind good to feel its superiority; and a man will seek company likely to give him this feeling, as instinctively as he will approach the fireplace or walk in the sun if he wants to get warm. But this means that he will be disliked on account of his superiority; and if a man is to be liked, he must really be inferior in point of intellect; and the same thing holds good of a woman in point of beauty. To give proof of real and unfeigned inferiority to some of the people you meet — that is a very difficult business indeed!

Consider how kindly and heartily a girl who is passably pretty will welcome one who is downright ugly. Physical advantages are not thought so much of in the case of man, though I suppose you would rather a little man sat next to you than one who was bigger than yourself. This is why, amongst men, it is the dull and ignorant, and amongst women, the ugly, who are always popular and in request. It is likely to be said of such people that they are extremely good-natured, because every one wants to find a pretext for caring about them — a pretext which will blind both himself and other people to the real reason why he likes them. This is also why mental superiority of any sort always tends to isolate its possessor; people run away from him out of pure hatred, and say all manner of bad things about him by way of justifying their action. Beauty, in the case of women, has a similar effect: very pretty girls have no friends of their own sex, and they even find it hard to get another girl to keep them company. A handsome woman should always avoid applying for a position as companion, because the moment she enters the room, her prospective mistress will scowl at her beauty, as a piece of folly with which, both for her own and for her daughter’s sake, she can very well dispense. But if the girl has advantages of rank, the case is very different; because rank, unlike personal qualities which work by the force of mere contrast, produces its effect by a process of reflection; much in the same way as the particular hue of a person’s complexion depends upon the prevailing tone of his immediate surroundings.--Arthur Schopenhauer

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    CM + Alpinid + Orientalid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,113
    Given: 2,033

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Some of my favorite people who are no longer active here:

Markos
    Pajkosbalna
    PaleoEuropean
    Kaspias
    Kökény
    Terminator98
    The Blade
    Turul Karom
    Kaspias is at least somewhat active.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 11:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Silvan
    Country
    Antarctica
    Taxonomy
    Wood Elf + Pixie and Nymph influences
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,762
    Given: 4,339

2 Not allowed!

Anyone remember Sabina/Sabinae? I liked her a lot. She was so nice and her use of emojis were charming.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 11:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Silvan
    Country
    Antarctica
    Taxonomy
    Wood Elf + Pixie and Nymph influences
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,762
    Given: 4,339

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Some of my favourite posters that aren't here any longer are Brianna, Jackson, billErobreren (thanks mate for picking a name that is so hard to remember how to spell) , Catkins, Pallantides, Imperator Biff and many others who I'd have to search my memory for but there have been many lovely people on here. I know Sikeliot has a divided following but I do miss him on here. Whatever people say about him he was always polite and gentlemanly (at least with my interactions with him). I liked MacAulay also even though he was always getting into trouble. There are many that no longer post here.

Of the posters that are still here some of the ones that come to mind are Daco Celtic, Mr G, Stearsolina, gixajo but there are many. These are the ones I've had most interactions with. Tooting Carmen is also a nice poster because he rarely loses his cool. There are many nice posters but because of different interests I don't cross paths with them a lot. Luso is a lovely young man as well. Forgot Graham and Lily who I meant to put on list of present posters.
    Jackson is one of my favs, too. He was really kind and a great poster.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,780
    Given: 13,414

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellethwyn View Post
    Anyone remember Sabina/Sabinae? I liked her a lot. She was so nice and her use of emojis were charming.
    I do! Romanian right?

Banned
    Last Online
    08-23-2023 @ 08:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    Monaco
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 308
    Given: 21

2 Not allowed!