Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Croatians Slavic or Germanic?

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

2 Not allowed!

We are not Germanic as I said before, but Slavic who speak Slavic and are Slavic. We are Croats and do not need to attach ourself to anyone. Poles are Slavs, probably some have ''Germanic'' admix it would be logical and that does not make them non-Slavic. I consider Poles our brothers but you insulted me so I gave you tumbs down .

Last Online
    03-03-2019 @ 05:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,371
    Given: 2,411

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GoliOtok View Post
    Yeah i guess you are right, I think the racial sub divisions of Europeans are something like Nordic, Alpine, and Mediterranean. So I guess then what is the racial difference between Slavs and other European people if these are the only three subdivisions?
    I don't think that we should separate slavs from other europeans.As you said I believer regional sub-categories are way better and I belive terms like Western europeam,Central european,Southern european,Nothern european and Eastern european are even better.

Last Online
    12-18-2022 @ 11:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanophile
    Ethnicity
    Nordophile
    Ancestry
    Austrian Empire and the Ottoman Empire
    Country
    Slovenia
    Region
    Tirol
    Taxonomy
    Gracilized,Reduced Neotenic Eastern Mediterranid+Alpine-CM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,526
    Given: 257

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Trun View Post
    Hitler used to claim his ally Slavs as "not Slavic" to justify his anti-Slavic agenda.

He called Croats Germanic and Bulgarians Turko-Iranic (proto-Aryan).
    Croats could have been classified as Germano-Iranic.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    scumbag
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a
    Taxonomy
    North atlantid
    Hero
    Satan
    Religion
    without sin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,736
    Given: 8,694

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Trun View Post
    Hitler used to claim his ally Slavs as "not Slavic" to justify his anti-Slavic agenda.

He called Croats Germanic and Bulgarians Turko-Iranic (proto-Aryan).
    More like Croats and Bulgarians Turko-Iranic (proto-Aryan)

Last Online
    09-17-2023 @ 02:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Lithuanian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 911
    Given: 1,954

2 Not allowed!

Croats are in a league of their own (together with Slovens (why isn't it the same country anyway?)).

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ— இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ— இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
    Last Online
    08-20-2016 @ 06:08 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 717
    Given: 561

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GoliOtok View Post
    Hello all, I have a question. Not sure if this is the correct sub forum, but here it goes. I would like to know if Croatian people are Slavic or Germanic. I read here :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untermensch

in the foot notes #26 it says : "According to Nazi policy the Croats were classified as more "Germanic than Slavic"; this was supported by the Croatia's fascist dictator Ante Pavelić, who maintained that the Croatians were descendants of the ancient Goths and "had the Pan-Slav idea forced upon them as something artificial".
    Rich, Norman (1974). Hitler's War Aims: the Establishment of the New Order, "

And also here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usta%C5%A1e

"The Ustaše accepted that Croats are part of the Dinaric race,[32] but rejected that Croats are primarily Slavic, claiming they are primarily descended from Germanic roots with the Goths."

That same article says this: "The Ustaše recognized both Roman Catholicism and Islam as the national religions of the Croatian people but initially rejected Orthodox Christianity as being incompatible with their objectives."

which is kind of a different point but I just found it interesting that the Ustase were allied with Bosniak Muslims at the time and considered the Bosniaks to be pure blood Croats. I didn't know this before. I thought the Croats and Bosniaks were not allies.

Also I read somewhere that Himmler considered Croats to be Germanic. So what's the deal?

Personally I am not sure what to think. Before this I was reading a book about Nikola Tesla called "Wizard", and in the first chapter it said that Serbs and Croats were all the same people, they are all Illyrians. I never heard that term before reading that, but according to the book Telsa himself said somewhere that his dream was to one day unite the Serbian and Croatian people and form one country. Not sure if he was talking about Yugoslavia, but it seemed to suggest that the only difference between Serbs and Croats was religion. Serbs are Orthodox, and Croats are Catholics. It also said that all Slavs speak the same language, which is true to some extent because I see a lot of similarities between Serbo-Croatian, Polish, Russian, Romanian, etc. I think when u know one Slavic language it isn't too hard to learn another. The difference seems to be in dialect.. and in some cases the alphabet.

I kind of agree with that to some extent but I am not sure. According to the stuff I've read about the Ustase their policy was to convert a third of the Serbs to Catholocism, and it seems to me that the only reason they persecuted Serbs was because of religious differences.

Being part Croatian and Part Serbian. I don't quite understand the difference myself. I don't understand the politics of that region, and I don't know why Croatia declared independence from the Serbs in the 90s. I grew up during the 80's when Yugoslavia was one country and I found the break up of that country a little confusing. The only major difference I found was the presence of Islam in Bosnia, but according to these World War 2 articles I've been reading Croats and Bosniaks seemed to get along. And I'm sure Serbs also got along with Bosniaks to some degree because there are so many Serbian enclaves in Bosnia.

So can someone explain if there are any racial differences between Serbs and Croats, and if Croats are Germanic or Slavic. I also am aware that Croats speak a Slavic language so that doesn't support the case that they are Germanic but still the question persists.

Also i don't know why Croats persecuted Serbs during world war 2. I know most Serbs were Partisans and the Croats where pro-Hitler, so I think that was the main reason, I don't think it had anything to do with race. Is my assumption wrong?
    Croats had available a referendum where they could voted up if they want an independent and autonomous Croatia and 90 percent of Croats were voted that wants independent Croatia. Serbs were declared independence of Serbia 1 year earlier than Croats. This was followed by Serbian aggression against Croats. Serbs from the Croatian Krajina were armed to the teeth, and Tudjman, Croatian President had a political plan, which I think was called z-4, Tudjman was actually trying to protect Serbs. I personally think that the Croatian independence was planned ethnic cleansing of Croats.
    During Yugoslavia has occurred great depopulation of Croats, killing many Germans. 1910 year census the population of the city of Vukovar: in the town of Vukovar lived 40 per cent Croats, 30 percent of Germans, 15 percent of Serbs and other minorities, and the Germans were ethnically cleansed, after that Vukovar was inhabited by mountain Serbs after 1945.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,631

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by davai View Post
    dear, dear, no reason to get upset now.Nobody insulted you..

Truth is your "german" admix input is rather non-existent.Realistically the german influence is insignificant, less than 1%, meaybe measurable in promilles.But I would believe you do have vast input of Slovenian influence for example.At some point Slovenia was covering Zagreb, aswell as Ambrož-Matija Gubec for example.. maybe there is slight mongol input too (must provocate, cant resist ).But overall croat is 100% mongrel-Slavic, much like Polaks, with Serb basis.

Id say Croats are assimilated Anti Slavs by Veneti Slavs..

but you make a good troll target with all your nazi propaganda, like said, good lapdogs:

Bitch please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelisava View Post
    Croats had available a referendum where they could voted up if they want an independent and autonomous Croatia and 90 percent of Croats were voted that wants independent Croatia. Serbs were declared independence of Serbia 1 year earlier than Croats. This was followed by Serbian aggression against Croats. Serbs from the Croatian Krajina were armed to the teeth, and Tudjman, Croatian President had a political plan, which I think was called z-4, Tudjman was actually trying to protect Serbs. I personally think that the Croatian independence was planned ethnic cleansing of Croats.
    During Yugoslavia has occurred great depopulation of Croats, killing many Germans. 1910 year census the population of the city of Vukovar: in the town of Vukovar lived 40 per cent Croats, 30 percent of Germans, 15 percent of Serbs and other minorities, and the Germans were ethnically cleansed, after that Vukovar was inhabited by mountain Serbs after 1945.

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ— இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ— இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
    Last Online
    08-20-2016 @ 06:08 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 717
    Given: 561

2 Not allowed!

There are places in Croatia which sounds Iranian (Suza, Vir). In eastern Croatia, we have a cult of princess and some folk songs contains verses Hey, Princess, diadem is part of the national costumes.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    scumbag
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a
    Taxonomy
    North atlantid
    Hero
    Satan
    Religion
    without sin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,736
    Given: 8,694

0 Not allowed!

There are places in Croatia which sounds Iranian (Suza, Vir). In eastern Croatia, we have a cult of princess and some folk songs contains verses Hey, Princess, diadem is part of the national costumes.
    Cool.

Last Online
    06-20-2023 @ 01:08 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Tertiary Slav
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Herzegovina
    Y-DNA
    R1a Z280
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid+Dinarid
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 3,155

0 Not allowed!

They do?
    „Beer has it's own way of sorting things out, does it not?“

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information