PDA

View Full Version : Guess ethnic-origin for these two girls and say what countries they pass in

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Guess ethnic-origin for these two girls and say what countries they could pass in

Girl 1
http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/2880188/600full-charlotte-lohmann.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/nrmpnab8b/a04312ad2691ebc6_143704543_10_xxxlarge_1.jpg
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5431/charlotteg.jpghttp://i2.listal.com/image/2880258/600full-charlotte-lohmann.jpg

Girl 2

Better view of her face in video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGfy7v73mes

http://images.fashionmodeldirectory.com/model/000000301201-natasha_lannin-fullsize.jpg

dude
12-02-2013, 01:17 PM
She look med with some dravidian.

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 01:20 PM
She look med with some dravidian.

Which girl ??? 1 or 2.. they are different obviously.

Sharkeatpeople
12-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Gorid
Ponto-Alpine,Balkan countries both.

Swearengen
12-02-2013, 01:35 PM
1. Clearly part south asian.

2. I have no idea. I would guess afghanistan or central asia.

Roy
12-02-2013, 01:44 PM
None of them look fully European.

They could be half-Indian, the first one seems to have Veddoid influence visible in the 3rd picture.

Trun
12-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Gorid
Ponto-Alpine,Balkan countries both.

They would be quite exotic for here, but I have seen similar.

armenianbodyhair
12-02-2013, 01:52 PM
1) Pakistan
2) Afgan or Kavkaz

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Picture 3 of girl-1 gave away her south-Asian background.
I am pretty sure two (already one or two accepted her as atpical Euro) more guys would have gone for atypical European (south or Balkans) if this picture was not placed :D

She is half-German (dad) and half Fiji Indian (mom).
About half of common people (Europeans) would take her as some exotic European.

I want more guesses for Girl-2

armenianbodyhair
12-02-2013, 02:22 PM
more guys would have gone for atypical European (south or Balkans) if this picture was not placed :D

No. First and and third picture. If you had just given the second and fourth picture than yes maybe...maybe. Even the fourth picture though you can tell, its something about the eyes and shape of the face.

Swearengen
12-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Picture 3 of girl-1 gave away her south-Asian background.
I am pretty sure two (already one or two accepted her as atpical Euro) more guys would have gone for atypical European (south or Balkans) if this picture was not placed :D

She is half-German (dad) and half Fiji Indian (mom).
About half of common people (Europeans) would take her as some exotic European.

I want more guesses for Girl-2

Picture 4 as well. I think it's different from your perspective. To me, the south asian is unmistakable... but I've developed an eye to it.

the 2nd one looks almost like arianny celeste who is 1/2 filipino.

Also
12-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Indians, Afghans or Iranians.

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 02:30 PM
No. First and and third picture. If you had just given the second and fourth picture than yes maybe...maybe. Even the fourth picture though you can tell, its something about the eyes and shape of the face.

well you agree with me for third as main key for giving out her half-Indian part. first photo is not clear enough and looks ambiguous.

may be your eyes are more trained.

However, even you would have gone for European type if I placed 2nd and 4th.
do you agree with me that easily half of Europeaans (not trained eyes like this forum members) would consider her as atypical ethnic European ??

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Picture 4 as well. I think it's different from your perspective. To me, the south asian is unmistakable... but I've developed an eye to it.

the 2nd one looks almost like arianny celeste who is 1/2 filipino.

I agree with pic 4.. as a south Asian I know pretty well too

I can place so many half Indians/paki women whom you will think as European unless I tell you :)
But guys like you most likely will find out the background of half Indians/paki part of other mixed people who sometimes look plain Euro to normal Europeans

Swearengen
12-02-2013, 02:37 PM
I can place so many half Indians/paki women whom you will think as European unless I tell you :)
But guys like you most likely will find out the background of half Indians/paki part of other mixed people who sometimes look plain Euro to normal Europeans

Maybe.

It largely depends where the person is from. In norway (where that one guy is from) they might be able to pass as exotic european. In canada probably not since people are just generally more aware of what different ethnic groups look like.

armenianbodyhair
12-02-2013, 02:37 PM
well you agree with me for third as main key for giving out her half-Indian part. first photo is not clear enough and looks ambiguous.

may be your eyes are more trained.

However, even you would have gone for European type if I placed 2nd and 4th.
do you agree with me that easily half of Europeaans (not trained eyes like this forum members) would consider her as atypical ethnic European ??
I am not sure because people look different in life than they do in pictures. For me it was the first picture that tipped me off the third just confirmed it and the fourth, the more I looked the more I could see it. The second one was from far away and a strange angle. I think there would be some Europeans who would accept her as European if she were to say that she were, but again, it is hard to tell if she were walking down the street because we don't have a video of that and even if we did it would not be the same as real life. I look much different in pictures here than I do when I look in the mirrror without exception. I think in places with significant Romani population she would probably not pass, but in other places they would just think that she is from a more "exotic" part of the continent.

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 02:51 PM
I am not sure because people look different in life than they do in pictures. For me it was the first picture that tipped me off the third just confirmed it and the fourth, the more I looked the more I could see it. The second one was from far away and a strange angle. I think there would be some Europeans who would accept her as European if she were to say that she were, but again, it is hard to tell if she were walking down the street because we don't have a video of that and even if we did it would not be the same as real life. I look much different in pictures here than I do when I look in the mirrror without exception. I think in places with significant Romani population she would probably not pass, but in other places they would just think that she is from a more "exotic" part of the continent.

You made a gr8 point that I always think of "real life face and pictures in forum needn't be exact, particularly for ethnicity/race classification"

Actually, it is easier for those half Euros (should be quite close to Euro in color and features, needn't be exact) to pass as European in real life or video rather than in picture.
The reason is simple, in pictures color contrast would be more visible even between pale and tanned European.
Plus we focus more on immovable parts. kind of zoom in!
we would have heard friends talk like "you look like latina in this picture" or "you look middle eastern'' etc

But we never thought about them like that when we see them in person.

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 03:19 PM
To those who said Girl-2 looks Indian, Iranian, Afghan

Using the video, you can easily say how she looks
forget the photos I placed before

armenianbodyhair
12-02-2013, 03:42 PM
To those who said Girl-2 looks Indian, Iranian, Afghan

Using the video, you can easily say how she looks
forget the photos I placed before
If it were not on video and were live it would be much harder to tell. The eyes are almost always the most obvious give away, that is the only place it was obvious for me and even then to the untrained eye, it might not have been, especially if they were there in person.

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 03:56 PM
If it were not on video and were live it would be much harder to tell. The eyes are almost always the most obvious give away, that is the only place it was obvious for me and even then to the untrained eye, it might not have been, especially if they were there in person.

I am pretty sure she look weird in photos just like millions of people looking weird, sometimes even to the extent of looking different ethncity.

You still haven't given me a possible places she can pass in based on videos alone not by using pictures.
Don't say she is AMerican, her accent gave away already :)

armenianbodyhair
12-02-2013, 04:04 PM
I am pretty sure she look weird in photos just like millions of people looking weird, sometimes even to the extent of looking different ethncity.

You still haven't given me a possible places she can pass in based on videos alone not by using pictures.
Don't say she is AMerican, her accent gave away already :)
South East Europe some parts of Eastern Europe, Kavkaz, larger mediterranean area. The thing is locals in these countries are more tuned in to what people from their country look like, so I might say that this girl can pass in Georgia for example based on looking at a lot of pictures of Georgians, but Georgians might not agree with me. She looks and is completely caucasian from what I gather.

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Alright guys she is half-Indian too :D

Girl-2 is European American to most American eyes [use video not photos]. White Americans expectation is huge that they call some full-blooded Spaniard Cubans as latino.

Her south-Indian mother
http://photos.geni.com/p7/2918/4047/53444836d4a63ee1/Cropped_JKL__Medium__medium.jpg

Her sister (not half) looks much more european
http://photos.geni.com/p12/04/76/02/43/53444838908f64a9/mevegas_medium.jpg

Swearengen
12-02-2013, 04:23 PM
South East Europe some parts of Eastern Europe, Kavkaz, larger mediterranean area. The thing is locals in these countries are more tuned in to what people from their country look like, so I might say that this girl can pass in Georgia for example based on looking at a lot of pictures of Georgians, but Georgians might not agree with me. She looks and is completely caucasian from what I gather.

Are you just surrendering to his demands?

there is absolutely no way that girl passes in europe. She would probably pass best in brazil or something.

Anyway, to me, her south asian influence is more obvious in the video than in the pictures.

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Are you just surrendering to his demands?

there is absolutely no way that girl passes in europe. She would probably pass best in brazil or something.

No she isn't nor did I demand her anything..

Did you see the video??

I believe she just goes by the logic that she looks way different in pictures than she is in real life; video most likely reflect her face phenotype as in real life

Swearengen
12-02-2013, 04:31 PM
No she isn't nor did I demand her anything..

Did you see the video??

I believe she just goes by the logic that she looks way different in pictures than she is in real life; video most likely reflect her face phenotype as in real life

I didn't mean demands literally. You just seem to want people to say they look european and in turn some people might.

Anyway I did watch it.

I'm actually of the opposite belief as you. I find it easier to detect foreign elements in real life/videos when you have access to all angles and attributes of a person's face than in portrait, for example.

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 04:39 PM
I didn't mean demands literally. You just seem to want people to say they look european and in turn some people might.

Anyway I did watch it.

I'm actually of the opposite belief as you. I find it easier to detect foreign elements in real life/videos when you have access to all angles and attributes of a person's face than in portrait, for example.

I also said in some posts that this European looks European only because of white skin. Just give brown skin she/he would look Indian..
Does it mean I want people to say many European look just white-skinned-Indians??

It depends on particular people's picture only, not my general expectation for all people.

Regarding video/real-life, [this logic applies only if that mixed person got very close to EU features]

I wrote a practical example that when people take group pictures, small differences in skin-color and features of same ethnicity people would look much more cuz of photo light effect and our fixed view of immovable (since it is photo) face.
I also gave pseudo middle-eastern or latino looking Europeans in some pictures of theirs => many of your friends said this to you or others.

Also read post#17

Kalimtari
12-02-2013, 04:42 PM
cute ladies:

1. India or Nepal

2. Pakistan or Afghanistan

Swearengen
12-02-2013, 04:45 PM
I also said in some posts that this European looks European only because of white skin. Just give brown skin she/he would look Indian..
Does it mean I want people to say many European look just white-skinned-Indians??

It depends on particular people's picture only, not my general expectation for all people.

Regarding video/real-life, [this logic applies only if that mixed person got very close to EU features]

I wrote a practical example that when people take group pictures, small differences in skin-color and features of same ethnicity people would look much more cuz of photo light effect and our fixed view of immovable (since it is photo) face.
I also gave pseudo middle-eastern or latino looking Europeans in some pictures of theirs => many of your friends said this to you or others.

You guys are too fixated on colouration. If someone can look indian by giving them a darker skin tone, I don't see how they could possibly look european.

I still find it easier to discern ethnic traits in real life. It depends what you look for I suppose. Real life gives you more information. Some people can look ethnically ambiguous from certain angles or under certain lighting.

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 04:50 PM
You guys are too fixated on colouration. If someone can look indian by giving them a darker skin tone, I don't see how they could possibly look european.

First of all, I used that "browning-European = Indians" only for some Europeans.. not for all.
As a person with huge interest in phenotype, I know who can look indian well

I still find it easier to discern ethnic traits in real life. It depends what you look for I suppose. Real life gives you more information. Some people can look ethnically ambiguous from certain angles or under certain lighting.

How do you define "dark"???

I define dark like this.. there is a white lady here. if she is as dark as other Indians, she would blend with Indians in one millisec.... Not applicable for Chinese or Nigerian
http://communicationscmi.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/img_4593.jpg

Swearengen
12-02-2013, 04:52 PM
How do you define "dark"???

I define dark like this.. there is a white lady here. if she is as dark as other Indians, she would blend with Indians in one millisec.... Not applicable for Chinese or Nigerian
[IM]http://communicationscmi.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/img_4593.jpg[/IMG]

There are lots of euros with skin tones that would be common in india. Some just tan that dark. I've never seen one who looked indian because of it.

On the same note, aishwarya rai doesn't look european just because she's light.

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 04:55 PM
There are lots of euros with skin tones that would be common in india. Some just tan that dark. I've never seen one who looked indian because of it.

First of all, I used that "browning-European = Indians" only for some Europeans.. not for all.
As a person with huge interest in phenotype, I know who can look indian well (I posted this b4 but it got merged with your quotes)

That common skin-tone is for 2% of Indians (even many Bollywood artists are still darker than atypical southern European)

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 04:57 PM
@Swearengen
Have you seen only Punjabis in your life mostly..
Those punjabi are just 3% of Indian population.
So many sterotypes caused by Pujabi controlled Bollyshit

Swearengen
12-02-2013, 04:59 PM
As a person with huge interest in phenotype, I know who can look indian well (I posted this b4 but it got merged with your quotes)

That common skin-tone is for 2% of Indians (even many Bollywood artists are still darker than atypical southern European)

I think you guys just divide ethnic groups by colour. Pretty much like you said in that other thread. Europeans aren't the same since colouration is so variable.

I am just referring to ordinary punjabi skin tone. Many europeans tan darker than them here.

@Swearengen
Have you seen only Punjabis in your life mostly..
Those punjabi are just 3% of Indian population.
So many sterotypes caused by Pujabi controlled Bollyshit

Mostly them although I've seen all kinds of indians and south asians, even Sri Lankans.

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 05:17 PM
I think you guys just divide ethnic groups by colour. Pretty much like you said in that other thread. Europeans aren't the same since colouration is so variable.

I am just referring to ordinary punjabi skin tone. Many europeans tan darker than them here.

Mostly them although I've seen all kinds of indians and south asians, even Sri Lankans.

That is true..Indians classify people based on color.
That is why I am a south-Indian despite having features which are totally not south-Indian.
However, there is a limit for that.
They know North-east Indians are mongoloids regardless of skin color. same is true with white-skinned Mulatto/black person. Even if obama wss pale, Indians won't call him European.

"Europeans tan darker than Punjabi" is possible but that is in few cases. You are comparing high-class upper-caste Punjabi as example (max 20% of Punjabi can show that skin-color) with tanned Europeans (again such Euro pop is very low). who knows you might have mistaken
Pashtun (they are also Pakistani but racially afghan type) as Punjabi. Many Pashtuns are literally lighter than some southern Europeans.

Moreover, Indians don't call "same-skin-color-as-upper-class-Punjabi" Europeans as Indian but would be as Middle-Eastern. If those tanned Europeans got non-Black hair, non-brown eyes, no problem for them to call those Europeans as European.

Do you still think European with the same brown skin-color (not upper-class punjabi) as those group of Indians (picture posted before) would look European??
No way

Swearengen
12-02-2013, 05:21 PM
That is true..Indians classify people based on color.
That is why I am a south-Indian despite having features which are totally not south-Indian.
However, there is a limit for that.
They know North-east Indians are mongoloids regardless of skin color. same is true with white-skinned Mulatto/black person. Even if obama wss pale, Indians won't call him European.

"Europeans tan darker than Punjabi" is possible but that is in few cases. You are taking high-class upper-caste Punjabi as account. who knows you might have mistaken
Pashtun as Punjabi. Many Pashtuns are literally lighter than southern Europeans.

Moreover, Indians don't call "same-skin-color-as-upper-class-Punjabi" Europeans as Indian but would be as Middle-Eastern. If those tanned Europeans got non-Black hair, non-brown eyes, no problem for them to call those Europeans as European.

Do you still think European with the same brown skin-color (again not upper-class punjabi) as those group of Indians would look European??
No way

I'm not talking about upper class one's. Just ordinary indians here. Btw, I am comparing very tanned europeans to un-tanned punjabis.

A european that dark would look bizarre because they wouldn't fit with any ethnic group, but I don't think they'd look indian.

GrebluBro
12-02-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm not talking about upper class one's. Just ordinary indians here. Btw, I am comparing very tanned europeans to un-tanned punjabis.

A european that dark would look bizarre because they wouldn't fit with any ethnic group, but I don't think they'd look indian.

I meant upper-caste and also said max-20% of Punjabi can be considered untanned type when you compare with very tanned Euro (percent would be very low surely)

Punjabis don't represent ordinary Indians because they are just 3% of India.
Is it ok for south-eastern Europeans if I say Roma (same 3% roughly in south eastern Europe) as ordinary European??

I consider Punjabis as Indian and we have no major problem within ourselves. But if it comes to typical/ordinary/average term, they can't represent Indians in topics like phenotype, skin-color, wealth. simple-logic they are tiny minoriy 3%

If Europeans got bizarre brown skin color and cannot look Indian, what else can they look?
may be dark Latino, middle-easterner. still most of them can pass as Indian, only some dont