PDA

View Full Version : Classify these Syrians from a famous Arabic TV series

Kamal900
05-18-2014, 08:27 AM
Bab Al-Hara. Its also very popular in Israel for some reason too. Classify them generally, not individually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CTXT-9JJ8w

StonyArabia
05-18-2014, 08:36 AM
East Med/Armenoids typical of Syria

Kamal900
05-18-2014, 08:36 AM
East Med/Armenoids typical of Syria

Thanks dude. Btw, have you ever watched the series, Bab al-hara?

StonyArabia
05-18-2014, 08:44 AM
Thanks dude. Btw, have you ever watched the series, Bab al-hara?

Yes it was popular among the Middle Eastern community here as well.

Anglojew
05-18-2014, 10:38 AM
1. Assyrid/Armenid
2. Asiatic alpine
3. East Med
4. The robust Taurid type typical of Iraq

Why are they all wearing yarmulkas and tallits?

Just back from shule?

http://www.tallit-prayershawl.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/how-to-ware-tallit.jpg

Kamal900
05-18-2014, 10:49 AM
1. Assyrid/Armenid
2. Asiatic alpine
3. East Med
4. The robust Taurid type typical of Iraq

Why are they all wearing yarmulkas and tallits?

Just back from shule?

http://www.tallit-prayershawl.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/how-to-ware-tallit.jpg

Um, its not yarmulkas they're wearing. Its a traditional arabic head cap, especially among the muslims, which is mostly worn by the elderly today.

Mn The Loki TA Son
05-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Generally, East Med/Armenoid.

Sikeliot
05-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Individually about half of them could, in the right outfits, pass as Sicilian but the other half have some Arabid influences and look similar to Mizrahi Jews even. Collectively I'd only place them in the Levant.

RMuller
05-19-2014, 02:25 AM
East Med Levantine looking.

Anglojew
05-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Um, its not yarmulkas they're wearing. Its a traditional arabic head cap, especially among the muslims, which is mostly worn by the elderly today.

They look like extras in "Fiddler on the Roof."

Dynamo
05-19-2014, 05:18 PM
Interesting, their accents are quite different compared to gulf Arabs, including Iraqis. As for where they could pass, most if not all could fit in Afghanistan/Iran. They look much more similar to them than to gulf Arabs IMO.

StonyArabia
05-20-2014, 04:30 AM
Interesting, their accents are quite different compared to gulf Arabs, including Iraqis. As for where they could pass, most if not all could fit in Afghanistan/Iran. They look much more similar to them than to gulf Arabs IMO.

No they don't, and I guess you have not seen many South Syrians then. Maybe Kurdish and Turkoman Syrians but not the "Arab" Syrians they have their own look which is quite Western compared to the Iranid world.

MarkyMark
05-20-2014, 04:36 AM
Collectively mixes of East Med, Arabid, and Armenid.

Dynamo
05-20-2014, 06:57 AM
No they don't, and I guess you have not seen many South Syrians then. Maybe Kurdish and Turkoman Syrians but not the "Arab" Syrians they have their own look which is quite Western compared to the Iranid world.

Well they certainly could pass in Afghanistan, those guys in the drama actually remind me of my own. Western? As in what? Maybe south Syrians look similar to gulfs, so what are they? Are they south?

StonyArabia
05-20-2014, 07:10 AM
Well they certainly could pass in Afghanistan, those guys in the drama actually remind me of my own. Western? As in what? Maybe south Syrians look similar to gulfs, so what are they? Are they south?

Western I meant they look more East-Medish than the typical Iranid phenotypes. Iranid phenotypes are usually found in Kurdish and Turkoman Syrians, not much in the Arab Syrians. No there not Southern Syrians they are from Syria in general. Southern Syrians are similar to Arabian population by phenotype and genotype. Ah I see yeah they can pass there, but in general they do have their own look. Though you are right about their dialect it's very soft. Iraqi is considered as Gulf dialect(Southern) well in the North it's Mesopotamian and in some parts Levantine near the Syria region.

Armando Esteban Quito
05-20-2014, 07:25 AM
Armenoid and Arabid mostly.

Dynamo
05-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Western I meant they look more East-Medish than the typical Iranid phenotypes. Iranid phenotypes are usually found in Kurdish and Turkoman Syrians, not much in the Arab Syrians. No there not Southern Syrians they are from Syria in general. Southern Syrians are similar to Arabian population by phenotype and genotype. Ah I see yeah they can pass there, but in general they do have their own look. Though you are right about their dialect it's very soft. Iraqi is considered as Gulf dialect(Southern) well in the North it's Mesopotamian and in some parts Levantine near the Syria region.

I can see what you are trying to say, however they do still look similar, the overlap is underestimated IMO. Yeah even though I'm not Arab, I can still tell the difference between the dialects. The Arabic dialect these guys are talking in is pretty different from the others. Btw iranid and east med are practically the same, the only difference Is that iranid produce more cro mag types, and on average are more robust.

Kamal900
05-20-2014, 11:09 AM
I can see what you are trying to say, however they do still look similar, the overlap is underestimated IMO. Yeah even though I'm not Arab, I can still tell the difference between the dialects. The Arabic dialect these guys are talking in is pretty different from the others. Btw iranid and east med are practically the same, the only difference Is that iranid produce more cro mag types, and on average are more robust.

Well, Irandid is considered by anthropologists are sub race of the Mediterranean race, along with Arabid.

amoora
12-01-2017, 08:15 PM
I loved this mousalsal

Odin
12-01-2017, 09:31 PM
Mainly East-Meds, Armenoids, and few Asiatic-Alpines.