PDA

View Full Version : What was your graduating GPA from high school? College? Do grades matter?

Sikeliot
12-16-2014, 06:09 AM
Some people say grades do not matter, but when I go through job listings for a lot of jobs for economics majors (which I am) after college, a lot of them say "3.0 GPA or higher", "3.5 GPA or higher" which to me implies that, at least for your first job, grades DO matter. I work very hard to keep my grades high and to have a strong resume, but some people tell me that I should be "having fun" and spending less time worrying about my grades.

What was your high school GPA? College? And did either one matter?

Unome
12-16-2014, 06:14 AM
Perfect marks and no it does not matter, grades and education = slavery and state obedience.

Gustave H
12-16-2014, 06:17 AM
I didn't take high school seriously. Not at all. I did well in school, and would've had perfect grades if I actually did my homework and tried a bit harder in school. I am self-employed to an extent, so my grades really made no difference. My street smarts have got me where I am today, nothing else.

Sikeliot
12-16-2014, 06:29 AM
Also, how common is it to see a job application have a minimum GPA requirement? The job I had this summer, it was 3.0+ or they would not consider you.