PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Should Men show their emotions?

Mraz
06-08-2012, 12:17 PM
What's your feeling about it?
How would you raise your baby boy about that?

Leliana
06-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Boys and men have the same right to express and show their emotions! I like emotional and open guys. But no emos! :cool:

Rastko
06-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Men usually cry because of deep sadness and frustration.

Women cry because they are unstable.

jerney
06-08-2012, 12:51 PM
There is nothing wrong with men crying over serious issues, in fact in my opinion it's a positive trait because it shows they are human and can feel deeply and intensely and can be honest about their emotions and aren't trying to hide behind some macho facade, but at the same time I personally don't feel that men should cry over stupid, minor issues. :shrug:

Cool
06-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Crying can be such a relief, I think men feel that way too when something is really bothering them. I remember seeing my father cry once and that was actually a bit scary to be honest. My dad never cries, so when he eventually did it meant that something was horribly wrong. And that's not a nice feeling. :(

safinator
06-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Real Men don't cry.
Never!!!

Aces High
06-08-2012, 12:58 PM
I tell my boys.......keep it all in.....chin up.

As i was taught.

Linet
06-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Men can cry for things that matter....
Men who cry for every problem, are not men....

GeistFaust
06-08-2012, 01:11 PM
I think its better to be a stoic about it, and to find other ways of expressing yourself and relieving yourself of certain negative emotions.

If crying spontaneously occurs than I don't see a reason to suppress it, and there are some instances where it is hard not to tear up a bit.

I don't remember crying anytime recently, but I did use to cry 3-4 years ago whenever my sports team lost. :p

Midori
06-08-2012, 01:14 PM
But no emos! :cool:

*Sigh*. Nobody likes us :(

Mary
06-08-2012, 01:18 PM
The boys that do cry become women and then they have to wear make up.

IConnor
06-08-2012, 01:20 PM
False. I've cried before. I don't cry a lot, but it happens.

Linet
06-08-2012, 01:26 PM
I don't remember crying anytime recently, but I did use to cry 3-4 years ago whenever my sports team lost. :p

That doesnt even count :P

Anarch
06-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Real Men don't cry.
Never!!!

What a load of shit. You've obviously never heard of post-traumatic stress disorder.

Yes, men cry. It would be better if they only cried over something that actually justified it - which I think is what safinator was trying to get at - but it happens. Is it healthy? Yes. But not something to be celebrated, though it's better than the alternative.

Osprey
06-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Men should cry only in front of elder men, if at all they feel like wetting their eyes.
Crying in front of women, fellows or kids seem to be to much of a whining than anything.

arcticwolf
06-08-2012, 02:37 PM
The boys that do cry become women and then they have to wear make up.

Mary I wanna apologize for ever doubting you! You are awesome! :D Rep coming your way!

Barreldriver
06-08-2012, 03:01 PM
In my culture if a man wants to cry he can start wearing a dress. We do the responsible thing, get pissed, punch brick walls, cripple our right hand, and yell at people. :p

Linet
06-08-2012, 03:06 PM
In my culture if a man wants to cry he can start wearing a dress. We do the responsible thing, get pissed, punch brick walls, cripple our right hand, and yell at people. :p

:D ...oh ...that sounds interesting :D

Barreldriver
06-08-2012, 03:10 PM
:D ...oh ...that sounds interesting :D

It's expensive. :p

Back from last fall (spoiler tags for the squeamish):

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k438/ragnarok1227/297501_155649404516504_100002143370593_310107_4482 298_n.jpg
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k438/ragnarok1227/301664_155649211183190_100002143370593_310105_3463 964_n.jpg

Maddy
06-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Haha...you should see my dad....he cries all the time....and so do both of my brothers....frequently.....

Teyrn
06-08-2012, 03:27 PM
A memorable part of the Iliad was when Achilles sat by his ship and wept bitterly when Patrocles was killed. He did it so no one could see him, which is the "tough guy" thing to do- when you cry make it so nobody can see it and do it in private.

PetiteParisienne
06-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Of course men cry. Whether or not they have the balls to admit it is another story.

Talvi
06-08-2012, 03:46 PM
My father cried when our dog died.

I have seen my bf cry, too. He said if I tell anyone, he will deny it.

Mraz
06-08-2012, 04:16 PM
I believe it all depends of the way we are raised, I wouldn't make fun of a guy who cries, but I wouldn't cry myself, not in front of other people at least. A father should avoid to cry in front of his kids because when a guy cries, that means he is broken, he is powerless and children would feel insecure.

arcticwolf
06-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Does anyone know how that works? Why do people cry and what is the reason? Anyone wants to take a stab at this?

Siberian Cold Breeze
06-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Boys do cry (secretly or when they are drunk..)

Contusion
06-08-2012, 09:33 PM
I don't laugh, I don't cry. I just frown.

Mraz
06-08-2012, 11:14 PM
So, it's weird, those who voted yes, are you meaning that a guy who's crying a river once a week is OK? :confused:

Albion
06-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Men don't cry often because it's seen as weakness and women will always use it as a weapon. No, to be the dominant member of the pack you must show no weakness. ;) If a man is in despair and about to go all emotional he should do it alone in solitude and have the space to think about whatever problems there are.

When I'm sad or worried about something I just go on a long walk in the forest, it gives me a chance to think and usually the weather happens to match my melancholic mood at the time. You tend to think more rationally and any sadness or whatever tends to subside pretty much from the moment you get away from people and their problems.
By my return I've usually thought about the situation and know how to address it. And crying about it never happens on these walks neither because you're usually too busy thinking to bother with it. Well, that's me anyway.

Pecheneg
06-08-2012, 11:39 PM
men don't cry...in public.

Siegfried
06-08-2012, 11:39 PM
I rarely cry and there are very few people which can make me do it.

I've heard plenty of people say that it's human to cry, we should let out our emotions and whatnot, but, in my sincere opinion, this hardly does anything to help the situation. When I cry, nothing is accomplished and I am still in the same awful place in much a similar way as being extremely angry. It is best if one accepts the situation and tries to solve it or move on than cry over.

SilverKnight
06-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Simple, men who cry and tell why with honesty are real men, the ones who cry and hide it in shame aren't. Yes, my children won't this raised with this social paranoia about crying being "unmanly", it's absurd.

Svipdag
06-09-2012, 12:05 AM
I did as a child in the 1930's because of bullying in school. I have almost never wept since I grew up and then not for long.

NON SVM QVALIS ERAM

Breedingvariety
06-09-2012, 02:12 AM
It is not to say a man should cry and weep. Rather if he does, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Yes, it is better to cry in private, but there is nothing wrong if he can't.

The Big Love:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AjgXY07SGA&feature=plcp

Sultan Suleiman
06-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Ja samo plačem kad babo mi saspe bibera u oči...

The Lawspeaker
06-10-2012, 02:44 PM
I was always taught that men don't cry and now that I am older I begin to realise how wrong that idea is as it always led me to bottle up feelings. So I think that it is good if men cry because then they get rid of the feelings.

However: it should be done in private and after that it's time to start picking up the pieces.

KissGimp
06-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Yes. White men do cry.

In private.

They also are more prone to suicide, yet.

Vasconcelos
06-10-2012, 11:52 PM
I usually resort to shouting and punching stuff instead of crying, but that's me.

Arne
06-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Boys and men have the same right to express and show their emotions! I like emotional and open guys. But no emos! :cool:

Nothings wrong with Emos.
They shouldn´t be blamed for what they are.
White guys shouldn´t be taken to the point of Crying.

leisitox
06-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Cry but in private if you have to.
Just get rid of that energy if you want and solve those problems after that.
Thats my opinion

Supreme American
06-11-2012, 02:25 AM

I don't want them emotional like women, but I certainly want them to express themselves. Otherwise they come off like a cold-hearted uncaring brick wall. Who needs it?

Piparskeggr
06-11-2012, 02:32 AM
Frankly, I am crying a little right now over my cat who is dying of intestinal lymphoma.

Kessie is a sweet tempered, gentle, undemanding creature who deserved to live a long life and die quietly in her sleep...

Fortis in Arduis
06-11-2012, 09:52 AM
I don't, but it's no way to live because a good cry is just that.

Yes, the sound of children crying brings on a feeling to commit infanticide, but one should do it if one feels like it because it releases toxins and endorphins.

We are not here to impress others, and I don't think that games of sophistry should be taught to tiny children.

Siberian Cold Breeze
06-12-2012, 04:22 AM
Frankly, I am crying a little right now over my cat who is dying of intestinal lymphoma.

Kessie is a sweet tempered, gentle, undemanding creature who deserved to live a long life and die quietly in her sleep...
:(
Please accept my condolences on the loss of your cat,
i know how painfull it is

StonyArabia
06-12-2012, 04:24 AM
I cry when I see an emtional or a romantic movie. I cry when I hear a sad or a love song, I cry when loved ones and close friends are heart. Yes we cry.

Siegfried
06-12-2012, 12:08 PM

My German Sheppard died about two years ago. Strong and loyal dog he was. I miss him and in fact woke up crying from a dream about him.

Hopefully she will go somewhere nice.

silver_surfer
12-07-2013, 03:58 PM
As a guy who tends to have emotions that run close to the surface, no. I won't cry over pain, but emotions hit me like a ton of bricks.

Aside from major things like death a guy crying doesn't tend to get a good reaction. At best it makes people uncomfortable, at worst it significantly lowers their opinion of you.

robar
12-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Boys below 12 can cry.I think it also acceptable to cry in front of the grave of the close family member.
Otherwise no way , and men shouldn't have to much emotions that is ridiculous.

Elsa
12-07-2013, 05:15 PM
I don't think I've seen a man cry in my life. Young boys yes, but not men.

Harkonnen
12-07-2013, 05:18 PM
I don't think I've seen a man cry in my life. Young boys yes, but not men.

You don't watch sports?

Harkonnen
12-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Well boys don't cry and it's rightfully so, boys got something prove. But men, do they cry. Do they fucking cry.

Also
12-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Boys do cry. We need to let it out.

Manifest Destiny
12-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Unless it's the death of a close friend or family member or a serious injury, I think it's weird to see a man cry.

Styrian Mujo
12-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I usually keep it all in. A crying man is a weak man.

Liac
12-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Fuck patriarchy-fascism. Gender roles are artificial. Yes boys cry, so what? I cried when she broke my heart. Am I evil or bad human being because of that?

The King, I am
12-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Well I cry when I think about my dad/mum being dead
I also cry when someone gets bullied badly for the way he speaks/looks/acts

Boys cry, they just hide it better

Leo Iscariot
12-24-2013, 11:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1AzMiCXojo

The Cure don't lie.

On a serious note, there's nothing wrong with crying, no matter what your gender is.

Tropico
12-24-2013, 11:39 PM
Only cry when you're REALLY SAD. If your so pissed you wanna cry go to the gym and beat the shit out of a punching bag. If someone pisses you off enough to make you cry just ignore their fuckselves.

ChocolateFace
01-25-2015, 06:02 AM
I often hear people say Men shouldn't show their emotions and that Men shouldn't cry because this makes them look weak. While I hear others who say this is normal. And I mean occasionally showing their emotions/crying not being a dramatic wreck all the time lol. What are your opinions on this topic. There was a similar old thread about this but we have A LOT of new members now.

Mortimer
01-25-2015, 06:03 AM
normal why not

Pjeter Pan
01-25-2015, 06:04 AM
not publicly

Mark
01-25-2015, 06:05 AM
I think it largely depends on the individual, not so much a gender specific thing.
But I am never embarrassed or ashamed to express my emotions, it only makes me more of an open person and people seem to appreciate and respect that in me.

edit: But since I just saw your poll, I'll add that I tend to not cry publicly or really that often anyway.

Mars06
01-25-2015, 06:10 AM
Depends on context. Not in public, but very much so to friends and family.

Han Cholo
01-25-2015, 06:12 AM
If you do not show any emotion you are effectively a machine, or in the worst scenario a rock. Crying is not the only way of showing emotions. Nonetheless, I think it's essential to attempt maintaining your composture while making your daily functions. Why draw attention that might be unwanted?

rhiannon
01-25-2015, 06:13 AM
Humans have emotions as part of our normal make up.
Men are human last I checked sooooooooo...
Men should have the same privileges to show their emotions as much as any woman.

just
01-25-2015, 06:16 AM
I am female and no way men must be always strong, why they do cry like babies

Aviator
01-25-2015, 06:26 AM
Only to a limited extent.

Hithaeglir
01-25-2015, 06:44 AM
Yeah.In fact i couldn't last with a guy that doesn't confide in me.

Hadouken
01-25-2015, 07:42 AM
I am female and no way men must be always strong, why they do cry like babies

but we want equality ! thats sexist

Harley
01-25-2015, 08:00 AM
I see expression of emotion as a form of releasing stress within self, like pressure build up.

Dombra
01-25-2015, 08:20 AM
Not in public

Odin
02-19-2018, 05:05 AM
Nope.

Decius
02-19-2018, 05:09 AM
Not in public.

MysteriousWays
02-19-2018, 05:09 AM
Depends on what emotions. Some emotion showing is OK, but it's also wise to avoid looking weak. Perception is reality as others see you.

Finnish Swede
02-19-2018, 05:17 AM
but we want equality ! thats sexist

There is nothing bad on showing emotions....for example if someone dies etc. That is much better than keeping everything inside and start to drink.
Same if you really love/care someone.

But...yes...in normal life...living with man who would be very emotional? It would be catastrophe and impossible. Man has to be one to be able to think logical/clear ways in every situation.

Bari
02-19-2018, 05:58 AM
Yes, I think so. To keep emotions trapped inside is unhealthy. There can be a bit too much either way, its about finding the right balance between being stone cold and overly emotional. Different opinions on this as different strokes of personalities have different opinions regarding this. But I think there is no right or wrong in this, only what suits you best.
There is someone both for the cold types as well as the more emotional ones.

Kivan
02-19-2018, 06:16 AM
Only to people you trust

Bobby Martnen
02-19-2018, 06:22 AM
Assuming you're talking about crying and being scared and stuff, no.

It's fine for a man to publicly act excited and show his happiness when his team wins a game, or when his favorite band is coming to town.

Bobby Martnen
02-19-2018, 06:22 AM
There is nothing bad on showing emotions....for example if someone dies etc. That is much better than keeping everything inside and start to drink.

But...yes...in normal life...living with man who would be very emotional? It would be catastrophe and impossible. Man has to be one to be able to think logical/clear ways in every situation.

Finnish Swede, if you kept your anger and feelings inside and didn't express them as much, this forum would be a MUCH better place.

Gediminas
02-19-2018, 06:39 AM
yeah, its unhealthy and self destructive if they don't

Peterski
02-19-2018, 06:42 AM
Man has to be one to be able to think logical/clear ways in every situation.

Showing emotions =/= thinking or acting in an emotional way.

You can show emotions and then think and act in a logical way.

Bobby Martnen
02-19-2018, 06:43 AM

Why did you vote that you are female in the poll?

Finnish Swede
02-19-2018, 07:07 AM

Sure...but those people are quite rare (who can do that at the same time)...if you don't skip your feelings away (put them behind)...for a short moment. For example buying a car...do you really do it (choosing mark/brand and model) only based on logical reasons?

BTW: I have always kept you as guy....you voted here behalf of women.

Peterski
02-19-2018, 07:12 AM
Why did you vote that you are female in the poll?

I just clicked accidentally when viewing poll results lol.

Hadouken
02-19-2018, 03:10 PM

cool . you make me very emotional

wvwvw
02-19-2018, 03:15 PM
My guy is really something, he's sensitive and shy
My guy is such a bumpkin, it doesn't take much to make him cry.
If you hurt someone helpless, it's like taking away all his toys,
He's just a cry baby boy.

My guy is sentimental, he's always feeling blue
He can be so temperamental and I don't know what I should do.
If you step on a little bug he cries all over the floor,
He's just a cry baby bore.

[Chorus:]

I don't want to hurt his feelings,
But his outbursts have me really
Boo-hoo-hoo-ing all the time,
If I turn out like him, I think I'm gonna cry, baby
La, la, la, la, la, la,
He's such a cry baby,
La, la, la, la, la, la.

[Spoken:] And I'll tell you something else

My guy is such a wet noodle, he's always teary-eyed
He acts like a real cock-a-doodle, he can't even tell you why.
If you just play him a sappy song, he acts like his doggie just died,
He's just a cry baby guy.

[Spoken:] No kidding, oh dear

My guy is such a whiner, he's worse than baddie so
A cockroach seen in the diner, and the tears flow out of the blue.
And if I ask him to knock it off, he goes and cries in the can,
He's such a cry baby man.

[chorus]

I love a cry baby,
La, la, la, la, la, la.
He's such a cry baby,
La, la, la, la, la, la.

[Spoken:] Would you knock it off please? Thank you.

Tom Cat
02-19-2018, 06:32 PM
It's bad enough for me to keep it together due to empathy when I see a woman crying for cause. But when a masculine man breaks down in front of me for cause, I can't help but lose it too. Real men do cry. And when they cry, you'd better believe it ain't just over spilled milk.

Autrigón
02-19-2018, 07:27 PM
No!!! Never!!! a real man has steel screws for breakfast!!!

magyar_lány
02-19-2018, 07:32 PM
Yes, they should. I don't like emotionless people. Showing emotions don't make them weak.

Jana
02-19-2018, 07:41 PM
Yes. My parents didn't completely accept Stears, because they said he never show any emotions :(

He does to me, but very weakly to other people. I would like , If It wasn't like that

Alessio
02-19-2018, 07:42 PM
No, men should act as cold blooded psychopaths.

nightrider+
02-19-2018, 07:46 PM
yeah, its unhealthy and self destructive if they don't

It is if they do too.

No, men should act as cold blooded psychopaths.This, they should be as little emotional as possible.

Queen B
02-19-2018, 07:50 PM
Unless their emotion is anger/rage, yeah of course they should.They are also humans, you know.

ÁGUIA
02-19-2018, 08:01 PM
No!!! Never!!! a real man has steel screws for breakfast!!!

100 % agreed. A real man is like a block of ice under the sun at 45 degrees (at least) not melting not even one drop of water.
Too much fruitcakes these days. Dudes nowadays don't even have mustaches nor vascular arms :picard1:

Thracian
02-19-2018, 08:07 PM
Personally, I am not an emotional guy. But other men can cry or show their emotions.I really don't care what they do. This is normal btw.

Autrigón
02-19-2018, 09:01 PM
100 % agreed. A real man is like a block of ice under the sun at 45 degrees (at least) not melting not even one drop of water.
Too much fruitcakes these days. Dudes nowadays don't even have mustaches nor vascular arms :picard1:Agree is disgusting. Ancient Portuguese and Spaniards bearded conquistadors would be ashamed of us.We even give to our girlfriends chocolates, perfume and romantic dinners...it's a shame!! Are we gays or what??

What's next?? shave our armpits and don't go to hunt bears???!!!!

Bobby Martnen
02-19-2018, 09:04 PM
Yes, they should. I don't like emotionless people. Showing emotions don't make them weak.

Crying is humiliating and emasculating, in my opinion. I don't like men who are emotional. I haven't cried in years.

Alessio
02-19-2018, 09:16 PM
I was being sarcastic.

It is if they do too.
This, they should be as little emotional as possible.

♥ Lily ♥
02-19-2018, 09:17 PM
Holding emotions in isn't healthy. I saw a news report showing that men who don't cry and who don't let their feelings out at funerals, etc, suffer from higher levels of pressure, tension, anxiety and stress, and a health report revealed that men who bottle-up their feelings have more health problems than men who release their feelings.

Crying is a form of release from emotional stress... it's natural and healthy to release emotions rather than bottling things up.

If you're feeling happy... then smile, laugh... if you're angry, release your feelings too... if you're feeling stressed or tensed, let your negative feelings out... and don't be afraid to cry as it releases stress and negative emotions.... and people usually feel so much lighter and better after crying... it's just human nature, as humans aren't robots.

nightrider+
02-19-2018, 09:17 PM
I was being sarcastic.

It's ok, I wasn't.

magyar_lány
02-19-2018, 09:32 PM
Crying is humiliating and emasculating, in my opinion. I don't like men who are emotional. I haven't cried in years.

When I write about emotional men, I didn't think of crybabies, but men are are crying sometimes.

Colonel Frank Grimes
02-19-2018, 09:33 PM
I only have one emotion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF4ZTcuhixc&t=23s

Bobby Martnen
02-19-2018, 09:36 PM
When I write about emotional men, I didn't think of crybabies, but men are are crying sometimes.

I see it as unmanly to cry.

Óttar
02-19-2018, 09:38 PM
Notice how not a single female has yet to say they believe men shouldn't show emotions, but look at how many men want to perpetuate the condition men being emotionally repressed.

Colonel Frank Grimes
02-19-2018, 09:39 PM

You're only allowed to cry when someone close to you or a dear pet dies or when you win a championship after years of hard work and sacrifices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaalwyFdtBQ

magyar_lány
02-19-2018, 09:41 PM
I see it as unmanly to cry.

Okay, I respect your opinion. :)

Alessio
02-19-2018, 11:35 PM
It's ok, I wasn't.

That's okay, however I do want to let you know I think I'm right and you're wrong.

LouisFerdinand
02-20-2018, 02:05 AM
Men should show emotions. Why keep emotions bottled up?

nightrider+
02-20-2018, 02:56 AM
That's okay, however I do want to let you know I think I'm right and you're wrong.Wrong.

Autrigón
02-20-2018, 12:24 PM
This is like real men should show their emotions when they see little puppies playing with pink candies.

https://pixenario.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/danny.jpg

Alessio
02-20-2018, 06:34 PM
In my experience most men who don't show emotions are cowards. They're putting on their ''I'm tough'' mask and try to convince themselves they're really though by pretending.

Wrong.

nightrider+
02-20-2018, 06:50 PM
In my experience most men who don't show emotions are cowards. They're putting on their ''I'm tough'' mask and try to convince themselves they're really though by pretending.

I'm not talking about hiding emotions, I'm talking about not having them or not being governed by them. Be cold and calculating. You can also pretend you have them even if you don't when it suits you, women will love it too (lol at this poll btw).

Alessio
02-20-2018, 11:01 PM
Ever heard of fight flight or freeze? Either one of those will happen in a dangerous situation and your body basically takes over. Most men are not terminators and have lots of emotions.
Yes I can appear cold and calculating but this is due to Dutch cultural influence, as this is basically the norm here. However I do not agree that this is necessary for being a ''real'' man

I'm not talking about hiding emotions, I'm talking about not having them or not being governed by them. Be cold and calculating. You can also pretend you have them even if you don't when it suits you, women will love it too (lol at this poll btw).

nightrider+
02-20-2018, 11:11 PM
Ever heard of fight flight or freeze? Either one of those will happen in a dangerous situation and your body basically takes over. Most men are not terminators and have lots of emotions.
Yes I can appear cold and calculating but this is due to Dutch cultural influence, as this is basically the norm here. However I do not agree that this is necessary for being a ''real'' man

It's the man of the present and the future, real or not. Pretend and manipulate. Most men in the first world never go through a dangerous moment anyway so they never get found out.

Now that it came to me, I recommend the movie Force Majeure. Quite good and relevant.

Jacques de Imbelloni
02-20-2018, 11:33 PM
females dont respect men who cry/show their emotions, what they really want are men that gives them a false sensation of stability/security.
This is achieved through engaging in an performantic relationship, where the man fakes to be interested in the woman ramblings and downplay his own insecurities in front of her.
And she fakes her interest in him and downplay her own disatisfaction and boredom in front of him.

Alessio
02-20-2018, 11:43 PM
It's the man of the present and the future, real or not. Pretend and manipulate. Most men in the first world never go through a dangerous moment anyway so they never get found out.

Now that it came to me, I recommend the movie Force Majeure. Quite good and relevant.

Are you also referring to yourself as well?

I'm going to watch the movie, thanks!

nightrider+
02-20-2018, 11:56 PM
Are you also referring to yourself as well?

I'm going to watch the movie, thanks!Well, I guess. The only somewhat dangerous (life threatening) situation I can think of is when I was a kid, and I was surprisingly calm. But I'm not a good example anyway. The dead don't fear death.

Bobby Martnen
02-21-2018, 12:00 AM
If Finnish Swede thinks men should show their emotions, that alone is reason enough not to.

catgeorge
02-21-2018, 12:05 AM
Women want to be around men with mental strength not emotional little babies I am mostly positive about this. the weakest men are also the most emotional. Like muslim fanatics and idiots like Fractal.. and psychopaths

Thordis
02-25-2018, 03:52 PM
While men and women experience the same range of feelings (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2665908/Big-boys-dont-cry-BUT-deep-theyre-emotional-women.html), men process and express them differently. Apart from upbringing, cultural and social conditioning, it has been found that testosterone inhibits one's likelihood or ability to cry; conversely, the hormone prolactin, which women possess to greater degrees, may promote it. Research conducted in the Netherlands revealed that men cry not only less often but also for shorter durations than women. According to the study (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/11339610/No-more-tears-men-really-do-cry-less-than-women.html), men cry for an average of two to three minutes, compared to six minutes for women. Men are also less likely to suffer a bout of "extreme crying". If they cry, they shed a few "man tears" after which they wipe themselves off, rarely does a man turn into the blubbering mess that makes others around them feel uncomfortable. Another argument posits that women have shallower tear ducts (https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/37483/1330300109_ftp.pdf?sequence=1), which enables them to cry more often when they are feeling emotional. Men and women also cry for different reasons. In some cases it is more acceptable for a man to cry than a woman. For example, some men find it acceptable to cry over sports or cars, while women may find this type of emotion harder to understand. Crying in male politicians is sometimes regarded a sign of normal human emotion, while female politicians who cry attract criticism and may be regarded as being too emotional or unfit for office.

Whether and how much men should show weakness depends on the situation, the age and the role of a man. When it comes to crying in public, there are instances where stoicism is the better course. Men (and not just) who work in the law enforcement, military, crisis management and most public safety fields have a professional mandate to keep emotionally steady, which sets a model for overall behavior. Combat soldiers can't stop in the middle of battle to have a good cry. Crisis personnel need to maintain calm in the field just as soldiers do. Another situation where men might be expected not to cry is when those around them are looking to them as a source of calmness and strength. Even in daily life, feelings alone rarely solve problems. Family hardships often require a voice of reason, someone to deal with the logistics and make plans for the future. If a family member passed away, they need a funeral, someone needs to take care of their belongings and so on. It's oftentimes the men in the family who keep their cool and deal with some of these unpleasant, yet necessary tasks. However, even the strongest of men have a breaking point. If at the end of it all, a man breaks down, it's the woman's role to be the rock.

Not all men fit the same pattern, some may cry more or less than what is considered normal. Some men cry easily while others may not be able to cry at all. Some men are comfortable enough to cry in front of women, others less so. Some prefer to talk about their emotions while others feel the need for space. Some women find the absence of tears to be a sign of lack of empathy, and urge their men to cry more as an exercise to feel more emotion. That may not have the desired result and lead to embarrassment or tension in the relationship. The opposite is also true, some men are more on the sensitive side but hide or repress their emotions for fear of having their manliness questioned. Crying is a relief mechanism. Repressed emotions can trigger physiological changes that manifest in clinical symptoms such as high blood pressure. If a man is crying more often than usual, epsecially for no clear or direct reason, that may be a sign that depression is at work. The real task for a woman is not to be judgmental, but to offer support.

zhaoyun
02-25-2018, 04:00 PM
Yes but not too often

Grenzland
02-25-2018, 04:01 PM
Depends on the situation.

TheOldNorth
09-24-2019, 04:10 PM
we should be able to but we can't because you'll look like a wus and end up being an incel

Cernunnos
09-24-2019, 04:25 PM
Showing your emotions like when your parents/relatives die? Of course. When you marry, when your children is born, some ultra hard moment in your life, it's normal for men to cry in those circunstances unless you have a heart of ice!

Now crying everytime something bad happens is a bit girlish. But there are men and men. Some men rarely cry others cry sometimes, others are more emotional and drama queens which is a bit annoying, even more when you associate it with imature and fragile women.

sean
09-25-2019, 08:30 AM
Men who are promiscuous with their emotions, showing them to everybody are perceived as oniony and emasculated. Men can only show weakness at a funeral of a close loved one, but these men must pull the woman up to their standards, not humiliate themselves like a dog on the front lawn.

People love to preach that it's okay for men to show emotion, and that 'toxic masculinity' is a problem. But we all know that if you actually talk about your feelings, insecurities, or worries with a woman, she will immediately see it as weakness and write you off as a pussy lel.

Masculinity is seen as evil or even worse; redefined by betas and women to be pussy with dumb shit like "real men show emotion".

Ethel
09-27-2019, 07:47 AM
But men do show their feelings. Crying is just one of many ways someone can express their feelings. What happens is that crying is seen as a demonstration of weakness, which men are taught to avoid early on as kids. But, as humans, they do express fragility, but in other ways other than crying, since it's kinda taboo for most men.

Although crying is a good emotional discharge, it's not like we should encourage men to do the act itself, because that's just not the point.
Instead, what I believe is that men should be taught since childhood to talk about their feelings with their parents and understand them, not hide them, so that they can have emotional maturity in adulthood, instead of growing up to spoiled crybabies or troglodytes that don't cry but show their weakness through other means like possessiveness and ultra violence.

El_Abominacion
09-27-2019, 08:57 AM
To an extent we should, there is definitely a line though

itilvolga
09-27-2019, 09:20 AM
Of course they should. First of all, it’s very unhealthy to try not to cry. Crying is essentially a release valve that rids your body of excess stress and tension so when you hold it into yourself, your body's sympathetic nervous system (or fight-or-flight response) kicks into gear, according to some health care professionals.

Your brain signals your adrenal glands to release stress hormones, such as adrenaline and cortisol. These chemicals boost your heart rate and blood pressure, which can translate into chest tightness and heavy breathing as you force yourself not to cry. These hormones can also mess with your appetite and blood sugar levels, hence the pre-meltdown butterflies and energy surge.

In the other hand, i find this kind of people very insincere. I personally cry whenever i need it and i don’t think that it makes me weak or something like that. I am a human, not a robot; i have hormones, emotions and requirements, that’s why i need it. Any man is not different than me about it since we all are humans, gender difference doesn’t change this fact.

Tenma de Pegasus
09-27-2019, 09:42 AM
If you have feelings, just live it. If being sensible and cry is wrong, men would not naturally being born with emotions like we are and some more the others. The same for women.

TheMaestro
09-27-2019, 09:53 AM
I cry when I get 4 Russians in csgo everytime.

farke1
09-27-2019, 08:46 PM
I cry when I get 4 Russians in csgo everytime.
Stopped soloqueuing years ago for precisely this reason :P

Ikiru
09-27-2019, 08:53 PM
Show your feelings and you'll look weak, your woman will secretely despise you.
Don't show them and she'll call you manipulative and an "emotional abuser."

Conclusion: you lose anyway.

TheMaestro
09-27-2019, 08:56 PM
Stopped soloqueuing years ago for precisely this reason :P

I have like 5000 soloQ games, I mean I already witnessed everything in CSGO :D Add me on steam XD

Jana
09-29-2019, 09:58 PM
Only to their family. I like cold exterior warm in private men. Makes you feel special for him. But that doesn't mean he should be rude with other people, just reserved. I like such type, at least.

The Lawspeaker
09-29-2019, 10:35 PM
I was always taught that men don't cry and now that I am older I begin to realise how wrong that idea is as it always led me to bottle up feelings. So I think that it is good if men cry because then they get rid of the feelings.

However: it should be done in private and after that it's time to start picking up the pieces.

I still feel the same about this: I believe that emotions should be kept private.

farke1
09-29-2019, 11:02 PM
Just realised I never actually answered the question, but I agree pretty much entirely with this:

I don't believe it's healthy to keep your emotions bottled up and I think a necessary part of any grieving process is emotional expression, yet at the same time I believe it's equally unhealthy to spend endless amounts of time dwelling on your feelings instead of taking action to get rid of them. I think this applies to both males and females, personally.

Kamal900
09-29-2019, 11:06 PM
In the Arab world, a man that is crying in public is considered to be a sign of weakness and can put people off. However, you can do that with your trusted friends and family in private.

IrisSelene
09-29-2019, 11:39 PM
Of course they should show their emotions wtf theyre humans too, not robots, unless theyre psychos wtf

I wouldnt approach any guy that doesnt express emotions lol thats creepy asf

IrisSelene
09-29-2019, 11:40 PM
Yall talk as if women are seen as hot when they cry and whine in public lol everyone, or most people prefer to let out their emotions only with trusted people and in private... because that's when we're vulnerable. So I don't understand ...

El_Abominacion
07-13-2020, 06:13 PM
Should men be able to show their emotions? Sure, but...

No matter what people say, an overly emotional man is seen as weak by both men and especially women. Literally nothing is more unattractive to a woman than an overly emotional man. A man crying over something like a Star Wars movie, spilling a drink, Trump getting elected etc just affirms mental weakness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ug2DOoxJ1g

Mr.G
07-13-2020, 06:29 PM
I not overly emotional, in fact I very rarely cry. Definitely a masculine guy.

But I must admit, when Han was killed by his son in "The Force Awakens", I cried like a baby.

Ylla
07-13-2020, 06:39 PM
It depends which emotions and the circumstance but generally should be able to control them. I like a calm collected personality.

Ford
07-13-2020, 07:02 PM

No matter what people say, an overly emotional man is seen as weak by both men and especially women. Literally nothing is more unattractive to a woman than an overly emotional man. A man crying over something like a Star Wars movie, spilling a drink, Trump getting elected etc just affirms mental weakness

That's how I reacted after finding Waldo.

Quiro_Brianza
07-13-2020, 07:24 PM
I think that how to show it is more important that how mucho you show emotion as a man

Korialstrasz
07-13-2020, 07:28 PM
Progressively, we should strive for a world in which men are able to express themselves adequately.
But, that's not reality. As much as I'd like this to happen, there is something hardcoded within the human behavioral set that loathes unrestrained masculine emotional expression.

Stay stoic. And disclose your feelings only to your close male friends.

Abdelnour
07-13-2020, 07:28 PM
I believe men should cry, but privately without anyone knowing.

Showing emotions in public would lead for people taking advantage of your situation.

InfamousAngel99
07-14-2020, 08:12 PM
Anyone, regardless of gender/sex, who feels like they need to display their emotions, should do so. Repressing your emotions for long periods of time is dangerous.

Mixdguy17
07-14-2020, 08:17 PM
I am bit sensitive, it's something I got from my mother. I feel like men should be able to cry, but for some reason I still hold myself from doing it except if I am with close friends or alone, idk why but it happens, guess is social pressure, i dont want people to think of me as less of man, even though crying doesnt mean u are.

Peloponnesian pride
07-14-2020, 08:27 PM
I don't think that the men should cry.Not for the opinions of the others.Fuck the others.But mostly for themselves.We mustn't give a fk about anything my friends.
This is a man's world ;) Not a crying insecure boy world.Find your strenght and don't be fucking pussies and don't humiliate your fucking balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR6noqDASqI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idP5-vtkhBE

Zeno
07-14-2020, 08:37 PM
Only in really dire, dire situations.

Peloponnesian pride
07-14-2020, 08:56 PM

Fuck the others man.Do it for yourself.Be a man for yourself.

Roy
07-15-2020, 12:04 PM
No, save for extreme cases.

samario
07-15-2020, 02:19 PM
I'm very affectionate but at the same time rather unexpressive I'd say. Either way, men should be able to express their emotions.

The Blade
08-06-2020, 08:54 PM
It depends on the circumstances.
Also, there is a strict border between actual deep emotions (whether positive or negative) and daily bullshit.

Frowning Man
09-22-2020, 06:06 PM
My father always taught me that a man should show as little emotion as possible. Like, do not whine, do not cry, do not complain, do not be capricious, do not be too emotional (positive and negative emotions).

Daco Celtic
09-22-2020, 06:17 PM
I cry every hour, on the hour, you emotional robots. #VlachsCry

Chryssie Khanate
09-22-2020, 06:25 PM
if you don't show your emotions.. you'll show them in one way or another, and it probably won't look good. Have you seen East Asian cultures and their levels of suicide? It might just be their specific culture though, and not as extreme in Western cultures since we don't value masculinity and work as much as they do.

Teutone
09-22-2020, 06:26 PM
Emotions in form of crying? No.

Anger or happiness? Why not? Anything else would be aspie af.

Chris596
09-22-2020, 06:27 PM

I agree with you. I think it's okay to cry if something really beautiful/bad happens in your life.

But this man looks like he's insane or something :confused:

WeirdLookingFellow
09-22-2020, 06:48 PM
I agree with you. I think it's okay to cry if something really beautiful/bad happens in your life.

But this man looks like he's insane or something :confused:

The postmodern man is so out of touch with his own real culture, centuries old, that he finds himself lost in a grey, money dictated world with nothing to hang onto. He will try to hang onto what resembles true culture the most - cult-level following of movies that show him worlds devoid of the daily concerns he faces.

Celestia
09-22-2020, 10:19 PM
I think they should.
Especially in relationships. Vulnerability isn’t such a bad thing when it’s with the right person

Hamilcar
09-22-2020, 10:37 PM
Women often say yes they should...but trust me they hate it uncounsciously and they quickly lost interest or get bored when it happen

PaleoEuropean
09-22-2020, 10:39 PM
Only if they unreasonable and crass

Celestia
09-22-2020, 10:50 PM
Women often say yes they should...but trust me they hate it uncounsciously and they quickly lost interest or get bored when it happen

It really depends on the level of the relationship.

It means a lot to me if the man I’m with trusts me enough to be vulnerable around me..

But yes, if a man is emotional to everyone it can be a bit of a turn off.

Hamilcar
09-22-2020, 10:55 PM
It really depends on the level of the relationship.

It means a lot to me if the man I’m with trusts me enough to be vulnerable around me..

But yes, if a man is emotional to everyone it can be a bit of a turn off.

I don't think the level matter it's how often the man will show his vulnerability while men in general are ok with regularly conforting their partner it doesn't really affect us

Latinus
09-22-2020, 10:56 PM
Yes. As long as they don't become the pet of anybody, yes, they can.

The idea that man = rock is something I disagree. Old School people had a very caricat view on masculinity.

stellan
09-22-2020, 11:06 PM
yes but not too much. i dont think there should be such a big stigma around men showing their emotions but it's annoying if he's super sensitive or cries more than i do

TheMaestro
09-22-2020, 11:07 PM
I cry everytime the fridge is empty.

Mr.G
09-22-2020, 11:08 PM
Should men cry? Sure, but it's certainly not my first reaction or instinct, it's very rare in fact. But some circumstances in which I might include..

The passing of a loved one, that'll do it of course.

Also - every once in awhile - I'll be caught of guard by a bittersweet, nostalgic, or touching moment in film or music. I'm not talking about corny Hallmark moments, I mean in moments of artistic brilliance, where you can relate to what's happening in a deep and powerful way. It is rare that I have experienced this, but a tear shed under these circumstances is oddly cathartic.

TheMaestro
09-22-2020, 11:31 PM
Should men cry? Sure, but it's certainly not my first reaction or instinct, it's very rare in fact. But some circumstances in which I might include..

The passing of a loved one, that'll do it of course.

Also - every once in awhile - I'll be caught of guard by a bittersweet, nostalgic, or touching moment in film or music. I'm not talking about corny Hallmark moments, I mean in moments of artistic brilliance, where you can relate to what's happening in a deep and powerful way. It is rare that I have experienced this, but a tear shed under these circumstances is oddly cathartic.

I always have tear in my eyes when I watch those videos where color blind people are handed color blind glasses and see the colours, not even kidding. I have same problem but It's reduced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27WGQFwrH-w&ab_channel=CatersClips

Mr.G
09-22-2020, 11:38 PM
I always have tear in my eyes when I watch those videos where color blind people are handed color blind glasses and see the colours, not even kidding. I have same problem but It's reduced.

I watched it, I didn't cry, but that was touching.

Now, if he was blind and they gave him glasses that could restore his sight, watch out I might flood the place.

Terminator98
09-23-2020, 12:06 AM
I cry everytime the fridge is empty.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/48316682/me-too.jpg

Annihilus
09-23-2020, 01:09 AM
NO they should just show their dick like Mortimer

The Blade
09-25-2020, 09:46 AM
NO they should just show their dick like Mortimer
LOL.

RenaRyuguu