PDA

View Full Version : Assad looks quite European

VladDaSlav
01-28-2015, 08:16 PM
So odd to me how Bashar Al Assad looks so European for a Syrian...

He kind of has an Ashkenazi look to me...

http://blogs.r.ftdata.co.uk/the-world/files/2013/04/Assad.jpg

Nebuchadnezzar
01-28-2015, 08:19 PM
You'd be suprised, how many Syrians & Lebanese,Iraqis,Jordanians & Palastinians have "European" features.......

Leto
01-28-2015, 08:20 PM
There are better photos of him. He's got light eyes.
http://static.dnaindia.com/sites/default/files/2014/08/28/263226-bashar-al-assad-getty-500.jpg

Nebuchadnezzar
01-28-2015, 08:22 PM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02283/assadBdayCake_2283528k.jpg

Birthday with the family....

Leto
01-28-2015, 08:25 PM
Birthday with the family....
Does his mother have light eyes? As far as I'm concerned, his father's eyes are dark brown.

Jana
01-28-2015, 08:30 PM
To me he doesn't. His features look West Asian.

Vanaheimr
01-28-2015, 08:31 PM
He is white but he doesn't look European.

Gustave H
01-28-2015, 08:32 PM
Many Middle Eastern people look more "European" or "White" than many "White" people. The idea that "muzzies" are subhumans and all swarthy motherfuckers is just American inbred White supremacist propaganda.

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
01-28-2015, 08:33 PM
He is white but he doesn't look European.

Caucasian, not White.

Nebuchadnezzar
01-28-2015, 08:34 PM
Does his mother have light eyes? As far as I'm concerned, his father's eyes are dark brown.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multimedia/archive/00315/109666258_315926b.jpg

http://europe-diplomatic.eu/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Assad-Family-Portrait.png

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2013/09/05/world/middleeast/assad-family/assad-family-superJumbo.jpg

Nope, not as far as I know, but here's the thing.... "Colored eyes" is a reaccuring gene, case in point. My great grandfather pale-skinned green eyes, his daughter (my grandmother) is brown eyed with red hair, thus some parts of my beard when I grow it, has a red/orange-ish color to it, her husband (my grandfather) typical dark arab, my mother blue eyes, curly light brown hair with blonde tips, her brothers doesn't have this, and neither do I, chances are this gene might posibbly reaccure in my futre children (Ofcourse depending on the womens race).

Leto
01-28-2015, 08:39 PM
Caucasian, not White.
I see him as ''white'', because he is light (in the Euro range) and caucasoid.

StonyArabia
01-28-2015, 08:41 PM
Assad's Alwaite lineage is quite mixed and they are full of legend. The Alwaites are believed to have been a mixture of Crusader males and Arab females, this one legend states, this could be true or not, but for sure there is huge Christian influence upon their theology like honoring the virgin Mary and Jesus, and celebrate Easter and Xmas being one of their important holidays. Another legend says they are descendant of Kurdish pagan tribes who took on the Shia creed and intermingled it with their own faith, when they came into contact with the Ismailis a branch of Shia Islam and Christianity. Though the Alwaites will deny this and will assert their Arab origins, from the Banu Kaalb tribe which originated in Yemen. His wife is Sunni btw.

The lightest people in Syria are usually the Northern Sunni Syrian Arabs, Druze, and Alwaites, though the latter has many dark regular mideast looking people. The darkest tend to be the Christian Bedouins and Muslim Bedouins in the region, the first mostly migrated to Jordan and some areas of Palestine. Though today the Christian Bedouins all got assimilated into the other Christian communities it was completed in the 19th century, sad, but those in Jordan still keep their Bedouin identity and their Christian faith.

Nebuchadnezzar
01-28-2015, 08:42 PM
Many Middle Eastern people look more "European" or "White" than many "White" people. The idea that "muzzies" are subhumans and all swarthy motherfuckers is just American inbred White supremacist propaganda.

Lol, that statement reminded of that other retarded thread in here "Rate Muslim Chicks", as if a religion affects skin color and facial features :picard1:

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
01-28-2015, 08:42 PM

In the U.S. White = European and Caucasian = what it means in Europe. Apparently in Europe White and Caucasian mean the same. That's not what it means here.

Vanaheimr
01-28-2015, 08:43 PM

But he still doesn't look European.

Leto
01-28-2015, 08:44 PM
In the U.S. White = European and Caucasian = what it means in Europe. Apparently in Europe White and Caucasian mean the same. That's not what it means here.
Well, we've already discussed the subject many times. "White" has several definitions, since it is not a clear-cut term.

Nebuchadnezzar
01-28-2015, 08:44 PM
Assad's Alwaite lineage is quite mixed and they are full of legend. The Alwaites are believed to have been a mixture of Crusader males and Arab females, this one legend states, this could be true or not, but for sure there is huge Christian influence upon their theology like honoring the virgin Mary and Jesus, and celebrate Easter and Xmas being one of their important holidays. Another legend says they are descendant of Kurdish pagan tribes who took on the Shia creed and intermingled it with their own faith, when they came into contact with the Ismailis a branch of Shia Islam and Christianity. Though the Alwaites will deny this and will assert their Arab origins, from the Banu Kaalb tribe which originated in Yemen. His wife is Sunni btw.

The lightest people in Syria are usually the Northern Sunni Syrian Arabs, Druze, and Alwaites, though the latter has many dark regular mideast looking people. The darkest tend to be the Christian Bedouins and Muslim Bedouins in the region, the first mostly migrated to Jordan and some areas of Palestine. Though today the Christian Bedouins all got assimilated into the other Christian communities it was completed in the 19th century, sad, but those in Jordan still keep their Bedouin identity and their Christian faith.

The Druze of Syria, who are very light and european looking.... They're like very close, even identical genetically to the Yezidi kurds, so there's a clear connection between those two.

StonyArabia
01-28-2015, 08:47 PM
I forgot to add that Ismaili Muslims from Syria tend to be quite light and often blondish. Ismailis and Alwaites at one time had rivalries within one another as they differ theologically, as the Alwaites got more 12er Shia elements. The more south in Syria you go the more the darker people get, irregardless of religion.

Btw I think he looks North Iranid not really European.

StonyArabia
01-28-2015, 08:48 PM
The Druze of Syria, who are very light and european looking.... They're like very close, even identical genetically to the Yezidi kurds, so there's a clear connection between those two.

Druze have an Iranic foundation, the Jumblatts are of Kurdish origin btw, well the Yezidis have a Levantine foundation. The founder of the Yezidi religion was a Lebanese Sufi sheikh Adi Ibn Musfar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheikh_Adi_ibn_Musafir

randomguy1235
01-28-2015, 08:49 PM
I forgot to add that Ismaili Muslims from Syria tend to be quite light and often blondish. Ismailis and Alwaites at one time had rivalries within one another as they differ theologically, as the Alwaites got more 12er Shia elements. The more south in Syria you go the more the darker people get, irregardless of religion.

Assad is not Iranid at all. He's East Med+Asiatic Alpine

Gustave H
01-28-2015, 08:54 PM
Lol, that statement reminded of that other retarded thread in here "Rate Muslim Chicks", as if a religion affects skin color and facial features :picard1:

Yeah, the world is full of ignorance and hate. Most people think Muslims are all swarthy. Idiots...

Nebuchadnezzar
01-28-2015, 08:58 PM

You forgot about the Byzantines..... These ruled the Levantine, prior to islamic conquest, I belive they're the reason behind colored eyes & pale(white) skin you find in the Levant, and not so much your North Iranid theory...

And that's one of the mean reason, why Syrian & Lebanese christians have these european features, compared to the Iraqi Assyrian christians, who look something similar to the ancient sumarians

Böri
01-28-2015, 09:02 PM
French occupied this areas last century.

randomguy1235
01-28-2015, 09:09 PM
You forgot about the Byzantines..... These ruled the Levantine, prior to islamic conquest, I believe they're the reason behind colored eyes & pale(white) skin you find in the Levant, and not so much your North Iranid theory...

This is not true at all, and both your and Nabatea's reasonings are incorrect. Population genetics (science) does not support either of your claims; these features are indigenous to the Levant, but Arabization and Islamization have affected Jordan and parts Palestine where you find individuals who are recently mixed with non-indigenous elements.

Nebuchadnezzar
01-28-2015, 09:12 PM
This is not true at all, and both your and Nabatea's reasonings are incorrect. Population genetics (science) does not support either of your claims; these features are indigenous to the Levant, but Arabization and Islamization have affected Jordan and parts Palestine where you find individuals who are recently mixed with non-indigenous elements.

So you're thinking of the phoenicians ?

randomguy1235
01-28-2015, 09:14 PM
So you're thinking of the phoenicians ?

Not just one ancient Levantine group; more broadly the region as a whole was more pure in ancient times.

jatt
01-28-2015, 09:16 PM
Is it only me or he look like pigeon.

Nebuchadnezzar
01-28-2015, 09:17 PM
Not just one ancient Levantine group; more broadly the region as a whole was more pure in ancient times.

You have also to counter in the fact, that these "Byzantines,Macedonians,Roman Empire etc. etc." stayed a long time in the levant, prior to Islamic conquest.

randomguy1235
01-28-2015, 09:22 PM
You have also to counter in the fact, that these "Byzantines,Macedonians,Roman Empire etc. etc." stayed a long time in the levant, prior to Islamic conquest.

That doesn't mean anything, and it's been determined by population genetics that Levantine groups have negligible/near non-existent influence from Europe.

Take Egypt for example: it has been ruled by Arab dynasties for centuries, yet they have almost no genetic admixture from ethnic Arabs. This is because of demographics (there are much, much more people residing in Egypt than any amount of immigration that came from ancient Arabia). You also have to consider that mass immigration was quite rare and very difficult in older times.

7eleven
01-28-2015, 09:24 PM
My mom also looks kinda european but on dna test shes like 3/4 cypriot or druze and 1/4 north euro.

StonyArabia
01-28-2015, 09:24 PM

Jordanians were and always Arabian. Christian Bedouins are just taller and more robust than us, but they cluster with us genetically.

randomguy1235
01-28-2015, 09:26 PM
Jordanians were and always Arabian. Christian Bedouins are just taller and more robust than us, but they cluster with us genetically.

I forgot to exclude ethnic Jordanians, sorry.

Tooting Carmen
01-28-2015, 09:38 PM
As usual, people talking about "Europeans" and "European looks" in such monolithic terms. For starters, light hair/eyes are NOT more "European" than dark hair/eyes - after all, the majority of people from Marseille southwards have dark hair and eyes, and a considerable minority even olive skin, yet they are still just as European as those with lighter features.

aimar
01-28-2015, 09:38 PM
If he looks european, where would he fit inside european borders?

randomguy1235
01-28-2015, 09:41 PM

Portugal of course.

Vanaheimr
01-28-2015, 09:42 PM

He'd be atypical everywhere in Europe.

aimar
01-28-2015, 09:43 PM
Portugal of course.

No.

randomguy1235
01-28-2015, 09:45 PM
No.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/176/3/8/_orakleh__the_joker__why_so_serious__wallpaper_by_ orakleh-d6alt8z.jpg

Roy
01-28-2015, 10:22 PM
I think that he looks more like what he is than ''European''. His facial features clearly point to his Middle Eastern roots.

dawson
01-28-2015, 10:57 PM
There are better photos of him. He's got light eyes.
http://static.dnaindia.com/sites/default/files/2014/08/28/263226-bashar-al-assad-getty-500.jpg

but he doesn't look "European"

Nebuchadnezzar
01-29-2015, 12:05 AM
but he doesn't look "European"

I don't know, sometimes he gives me Balkan slavic vibes.... Dunno why.

StonyArabia
01-29-2015, 01:01 AM

My theories are not by me, in regards to the Alwaites, they are theories of others who are anthropologists ect. The fist theory is possible because there is significant Christian practices in the Alwaite faith, with Christmas and Easter being of prime importance, as well honoring the virgin Mary. They also use wine in their rituals. They celebrate St.Barbara day is also important and other Christian saints as well. So its possible they are descendants of Crusader males and Arab females. The second theory again says that they were pagan Kurdish tribes who nominally adopted Christianity and an early of Ismaili Islam which began to resemble 12erism and this is getting more and more closer, in fact some of them are 12er Shias.

Now going back to the Syrian ethnic groups, as you know Syria is quite diverse. The lightest groups are Druze, Northern Sunni Syrian Arabs, Ismailis, and Alwaites. The darkest ethnic groups are Bedouin Muslims, Christian Bedouins a small minority as most got assimilated in the 19th century. Well Syriac Christians seem to be intermediate in skin tone.

VladDaSlav
01-29-2015, 02:45 PM
But he still doesn't look European.

He passes in some of S Europe like in the Aegean, I think. Definitely as a European Jew (Ashkenazi).

Musso
01-29-2015, 02:50 PM
Assad should rule the Middle East. I seriously think the world would be a better place if all of ME was under his control.

wvwvw
01-29-2015, 02:50 PM
He looks unmistakably Levantine, shape of his eyes, head is typical Assyrian.

wvwvw
01-29-2015, 02:52 PM
He passes in some of S Europe like in the Aegean, I think. Definitely as a European Jew (Ashkenazi).

He does not pass in Greece or even Cyprus...because something is uber Asssyrian about his looks.

VladDaSlav
01-29-2015, 02:55 PM
He does not pass in Greece or even Cyprus...because something is uber Asssyrian about his looks.

He would be atypical, but not impossible at all... But, he is clearly not typical in Syria or any of the Middle East. He looks like the halfway point between Levantines I have met, and this white American guy I know! WEIRD!

wvwvw
01-29-2015, 03:11 PM
He would be atypical, but not impossible at all... But, he is clearly not typical in Syria or any of the Middle East. He looks like the halfway point between Levantines I have met, and this white American guy I know! WEIRD!

He looks lighter than the average Assyrian but his features are typical for Assyrians. He probably wouldn't pass in Turkey either

SKYNET
01-29-2015, 03:18 PM
He doesn't.

Sakis
01-29-2015, 03:30 PM
Lol,he doesn't look European,he can't even pass in Cyprus.

sioned
01-29-2015, 03:43 PM
You'd be suprised, how many Syrians & Lebanese,Iraqis,Jordanians & Palastinians have "European" features.......

Yes...And?

It doesnt make them white...

Nebuchadnezzar
01-29-2015, 03:51 PM
Yes...And?

Lol @ This guy, why do you fuckers keep on pondering, that we somehow want to be European or belong to you.........

We are semites.

We we're this
http://www.iraqiembassy.us/sites/default/files/photos/history_timeline_photo_04_2.jpg

http://0.static.wix.com/media/c8d663_d5bf01deff4dde8188e8922aa4cae3be.jpg_512

When you we're this:

http://www.venitap.com/Travels/StFagens/ironage01.jpg
http://coffeetimeromance.com/CoffeeThoughts/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/holoce77_late-iron-age-celts.jpg

The shit looks like an african village, with pegmintation disorder.....

A bunch of barbarians, Vs the birthplace of civilization.....

Hmmmmm..... Gotta be a tough choice for me to choose.

Get off my dick, barbarian.

StonyArabia
01-29-2015, 03:57 PM
Lol @ This guy, why do you fuckers keep on pondering, that we somehow want to be European or belong to you.........

We are semites.

We we're this
http://www.iraqiembassy.us/sites/default/files/photos/history_timeline_photo_04_2.jpg

http://0.static.wix.com/media/c8d663_d5bf01deff4dde8188e8922aa4cae3be.jpg_512

When you we're this:

http://www.venitap.com/Travels/StFagens/ironage01.jpg
http://coffeetimeromance.com/CoffeeThoughts/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/holoce77_late-iron-age-celts.jpg

The shit looks like an african village, with pegmintation disorder.....

A bunch of barbarians, Vs the birthplace of civilization.....

Hmmmmm..... Gotta be a tough choice for me to choose.

Get off my dick, barbarian.

God bless the Semitic people the seed of civilization

Roy
01-29-2015, 04:14 PM
I don't know, sometimes he gives me Balkan slavic vibes.... Dunno why.

Then it's probably due to them possesing Middle Eastern ancestry, all Europeans have it starting from Neolithic times but the amount of it differs - generally Southern Europeans have much more. Light features and eyes in Middle Easterners like in his case are infrequent but present.

Nebuchadnezzar
01-29-2015, 04:25 PM
Then it's probably due to them possesing Middle Eastern ancestry, all Europeans have it starting from Neolithic times but the amount of it differs - generally Southern Europeans have much more. Light features and eyes in Middle Easterners like in his case are infrequent but present.

I've been to Southern European countries such as Spain(barcelona) and Italy(rome), and lived in Syria, Jordan & Iraq...... And colored eyes & light skin is auctually quiet prominant in the Levant, it's not as rare as you think it is. I lived in Aleppo from 1999-2002, and I remember there we're a handfull of redheads (gingers) in my school, which is a much more rarer sight in Southern Europe than Syria . I could never put my hand on why this is.

randomguy1235
01-29-2015, 04:29 PM

Sorry but he passes in Cyprus easily.

Nebuchadnezzar
01-29-2015, 04:33 PM

Girl, you don't know Assyrian facial features, even if it bit you in the ass......

wvwvw
01-29-2015, 04:36 PM
Sorry but he passes in Cyprus easily.

Trust me I watched Cypriot tv often, we have tons of Cypriots artists and actors and none of them looks like Assad. He looks strikingly Assyrian. He doesn't look like any Jew I've seen either. On the other hand I ve seen many Assyrians with his looks.

And yes the guy is white.

wvwvw
01-29-2015, 04:38 PM
Girl, you don't know Assyrian facial features, even if it bit you in the ass......

Oh yes I do. I can tell if someone is Assyrian from miles away.

Sikeliot
He doesn't look Cypriot to me nor any other kind of European.

StonyArabia
Yes...And?

They are not white yes, nor most of us care about it since it's American term. Whites are not special or superior we defeated them. When Whites came to our region they often met defeat not they could subdue us. They tried to force into Christianity during Byzantinum and we kept our own religion, and often enslave us through cowardly tactics, and when the Crusaders came they could never make any forts there. Even when the British came they faced defeat in 1921. A Bedouin loves freedom and will never submit, in fact the British noted this about the Syrian desert Arabs/Bedouins. We even had female warriors kicking their butts.

Chocolate_Hound
06-20-2021, 02:03 AM
They are not white yes, nor most of us care about it since it's American term. Whites are not special or superior we defeated them. When Whites came to our region they often met defeat not they could subdue us. They tried to force into Christianity during Byzantinum and we kept our own religion, and often enslave us through cowardly tactics, and when the Crusaders came they could never make any forts there. Even when the British came they faced defeat in 1921. A Bedouin loves freedom and will never submit, in fact the British noted this about the Syrian desert Arabs/Bedouins. We even had female warriors kicking their butts.

You don't care about it since it's an American term yet you go on and talk about "whites" as if they are some kind of ethnicity. The double standards in some people SMH.

Nobody wishes they were Arab. Who the fuck are Arabs? What do Arabs have? What do they produce? Lamborghinis? Gucci? Do they even have their own chocolate bar companies? LMAO. Europeans (from ANY country) have far more to brag about than any pitiful Arab bedouin. You guys are known as smelly terrorists the world over, nothing more.

"Arabic is such a beautiful language" is bullshit. So are Russian, Italian and French. You guys can keep on writing in your scribbles and gesturing like animals, you ain't shit and you never will be. Your culture is staring down non-Arabs and attacking women. Fucking pathetic.

The main problem being that Western Europeans are too afraid to criticize and make fun of other cultures. They let Arabs walk all over them and mock them in their own land. That shit don't fly in Eastern Europe. Good times create weak men. It takes an animal to defeat an animal.

Avicenna
06-20-2021, 06:53 PM
Nope , his facial features are quite west Asian . He just has lighter pigmentation than an average Syrian .

Zagrosian
06-21-2021, 07:20 AM
He has Alpine, Mediterranean and Arabid features. I don't think he looks European, besides atypical South Europeans.
I don't think he looks Assyrian either. His father on the other hand.

I think the non-Beduin Sunni Arab West Syrians tend to look more European than the Alawites.

renaissance12
06-21-2021, 08:25 AM
What do they do for living in Syria ?

Chocolate_Hound
12-24-2021, 02:17 AM

Agreed. The white race extends past Europe, racists just don't want to admit this.

Odelia
12-24-2021, 02:28 AM
Dumb stupid, typical Apricity bias above me. If Assad were fucking Spaniard and was passed in Syria, you mofos would be fuming and having seizures! :picard1:

Assad still looks more fucking European than these NA looking fucks who are supposedly of full European descent:
https://st4.depositphotos.com/1729220/26811/i/600/depositphotos_268118754-stock-photo-john-turturro-arrivals-premiere-good.jpg
https://www.imago-images.com/bild/st/0094757987/w.jpg

And the Aprishitians, as dumb and biased as they are, passed and classified these dudes as Dinaric/Meds typical in Spain and fucking Greece! :rolleyes2: :picard2:

https://idsb.tmgrup.com.tr/ly/uploads/images/2021/11/09/158285.jpg

Passes in pockets of most of Southern Europe really! But still can pass in fucking Levant in his homeland. You can pass in both places at the same fucking time you clueless dumbasses! Get over it! :picard1: