PDA

View Full Version : Men love a ‘hubbyhole’

Liffrea
05-25-2010, 02:08 PM
TIME was when if a chap wanted a little time to himself he pottered off to the garden shed.

But modern men require something more sophisticated, a survey suggests.

A staggering £4billion a year is being spent on creating new “hubbyhole” dens complete with broadband internet, an HD television and a special “beer fridge”.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/177001/Men-love-a-hubbyhole-

Psychonaut
05-25-2010, 02:56 PM
We've already planned on our next house having one of these. :cool:

Solwyn
05-25-2010, 03:01 PM
"Hubbyhole"....I love it!!! I'll have to start calling the basement that:)

Óttar
05-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Hubbyhole!? :lmao

Over here they are called "man caves."

Vulpix
05-25-2010, 03:09 PM
I wants me an internet cave too! I shall call it the foxiehole ^^

SuuT
05-25-2010, 03:17 PM
I still go to the garden shed.

Puddle of Mudd
05-25-2010, 04:02 PM
I hate the word "hubby" with a passion.

Eldritch
05-25-2010, 06:15 PM
The unspoken flipside of the coin being, of course, that the rest of the house is the woman's exclusive jurisdiction. :wink

Pallantides
05-25-2010, 06:31 PM
My entire home is my 'hubbyhole'

Liffrea
05-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Eldritch
The unspoken flipside of the coin being, of course, that the rest of the house is the woman's exclusive jurisdiction.

One of the benefits of being single, I can have my gym bench in the middle of the lounge if I damn well like!

If I want to leave my socks just there I will!

I can leave my spade in the kitchen!

I don’t have to ask what all this electronic shit for various hair styles are next to my one comb!

I don’t have to have faggoty cushions or bowls full of rocks or scented candles!

I can fart and belch, scratch and sniff to my hearts content!

I can leave my pubic hairs and toe nail clippings in the sink!

True freedom.:D

Tabiti
05-25-2010, 06:35 PM
It reminds me I don't have a fridge in my room...

Truth Seeker
05-25-2010, 06:45 PM
I do love holes.

Allenson
05-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Well, I do have a pretty nice workshop set up--and I love it. It's in a seperate building and was already in place when we bought the house and property. The people who owned it before, ran a small business there assembling some kind of circuit boards or some such thing.

I'm a luddite though and am happy with my AM/FM radio with a turntable--the only place I have left to listen to my old LPs!

Here's a pic of the back room of the shop--taken in the spring after ski season was over, maple sugaring was done though I didn't have the motorcycle out just yet:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3393/3417824479_602f98ab64.jpg

The Lawspeaker
05-30-2011, 12:53 AM
If I am going to get married one day.. I want one too. I think that I would go for a "study" with a desk and computer, bookshelves all around (plus a display case for all the souvenirs that I brought in from abroad) and a comfy chair, a small fridge to keep the whiskey cold, and a small table to put my glass of whiskey on. :)

Money Shot
08-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Mine is quite nice. Too nice.

My wife is in the habit now of "borrowing" it.

It's set up like a study. I have a desk, leather couch, TV, computer, wet bar and fridge. I also have a bookcase wall unit for my library and a wall dedicated to my rifle collection. The room is scattered with trinkets and mementoes of my military career.

All in all, a very comfortable place for a man to hide out in. No girls allowed. ;) Well except for my dogs, Lady and Sable...

Absinthe
08-22-2011, 04:36 PM
So this is the modernized version of the old-fashioned Al Bundy hubbyhole? :D

http://www.eshop-sanita.cz/images/101201.jpg

Argyll
08-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Psh, if I had my way, my whole house would be a "hubby hole."

larali
09-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Aww! How cute, a hubbyhole. My man's hole is his office. It has all his computer mess in there. I let him trash it as much as he wants, it's his space. I am planning on scrubbing it up, painting and putting some pics on the wall, making it nice for him. But I have other projects to finish first!

BeerBaron
09-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Um, ok, the proper term is MAN CAVE, hubby hole sounds so sissified

Sabinae
09-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Shouldn't women have their own private space too? I mean... I for one would like that :) And I dont mind leaving the rest of the home for his own if he pleases.

larali
09-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Shouldn't women have their own private space too? I mean... I for one would like that :) And I dont mind leaving the rest of the home for his own if he pleases.

The bathroom is my place. I just let him use it. ;)

Sabinae
09-12-2011, 01:03 PM
The bathroom is my place. I just let him use it. ;)

:) That is nice. But... I was thinking a bit on a different thing... I might even feel the need to sleep alone, so... Id need a room with some soft bed in it :)

larali
09-13-2011, 02:49 AM
:) That is nice. But... I was thinking a bit on a different thing... I might even feel the need to sleep alone, so... Id need a room with some soft bed in it :)

If I had my own bedroom, it would have pink walls. And it would smell like roses all the time. And socks would NEVER be on the floor!!!

Raikaswinþs
09-13-2011, 03:17 AM
I have one of those...

http://superherouniverse.com/superheroes/batman/images/batcave60s.jpg

billErobreren
09-13-2011, 03:23 AM
what kind of prissy ass name is hubbyhole, that sounds like a nickname for a fat middled aged English woman's vagina :twitch:

Scrapple
09-13-2011, 03:28 AM
If I had my own bedroom, it would have pink walls. And it would smell like roses all the time. And socks would NEVER be on the floor!!!

I have my mancave and my wife has the bedroom. It's not pink but it is definitely her decorating.

Albion
09-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Hunnyhole :rolleyes: Makes blokes sound like a hibernating animal. Man cave is better. ;)

I still go to the garden shed.

Same here. I like the idea of this though, I'll have to have one.

I suppose it's maybe related to the male-only tribal huts in primitive societies - somewhere to escape from the mithering women.

I don’t have to have faggoty cushions or bowls full of rocks or scented candles!

Lol, agreed.

If I am going to get married one day.. I want one too. I think that I would go for a "study" with a desk and computer, bookshelves all around (plus a display case for all the souvenirs that I brought in from abroad) and a comfy chair, a small fridge to keep the whiskey cold, and a small table to put my glass of whiskey on.

Nice idea. I'd have in mine a computer, some books, a kettle for the tea, fridge for the cider and gin, snacks and the canaries, a tv and some plants.

It'll be like a survivalist's bunker. :D

Allenson
09-15-2011, 08:39 PM
I love my man-cave. Not sure what I'd do without it....?

Mental institution, perhaps? ;)

Albion
01-29-2012, 12:10 AM
Why is there no not some room for a woman, like a .... ?:D

The Lawspeaker
01-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Why is there no not some room for a woman, like a .... ?:D

http://www.villasauva.fr/graphics/upload/VillaSauvaKeukenRechts.jpg

http://thisfile.me/Ugleh/trollface.png