PDA

View Full Version : Turanid = Baltid + Tungid. It is not Iranid + Tungid.

Yarrak
05-28-2018, 04:37 PM
Many people on that forum thinks that Turanid is a blend of Iranid and Tungid. However, this is incorrect. Actually, Pamirid is a blend of Iranid and Tungid. But, Turanid is a different type. Turanid is the synonym of Aralid and in fact, Turanid is somewhere between Baltid and Tungid.

Also, Iranians have nothing to do with Uralo-Altai people but some Baltic people such as Finns and Estonians do. Therefore, Turanid = Baltid + Tungid. It is not Iranid + Tungid.

cyberlorian
05-28-2018, 04:39 PM
OK

Columella
05-28-2018, 04:52 PM
It is possible that early Caucasoid type that contributed (according to my theory) to the formation of the Turanid might have included types of “Baltic” aspect (but this could be true also for Nordic, Meds and Iranids etc)

But overall the so called “Baltic” and “Turanic” belong to different regions and the two “types” principally contacted contacted in recent times through Russian expansion.

cyberlorian
05-28-2018, 04:58 PM
It is possible that early Caucasoid type that contributed (according to my theory) to the formation of the Turanid might have included types of “Baltic” aspect (but this could be true also for Nordic, Meds and Iranids etc)

But overall the so called “Baltic” and “Turanic” belong to different regions and the two “types” principally contacted contacted in recent times through Russian expansion.

Can Turanids be mesocephal? My logic says yes because Turanid is usually a blend of Iranid, Mediterranid or Nordid and Tungid types. Since Tungid is brachy, Iranid Mediterranid and Nordid are dolicho, I guess Turanids can also be mesocephal.

Columella
05-28-2018, 06:11 PM
Can Turanids be mesocephal? My logic says yes because Turanid is usually a blend of Iranid, Mediterranid or Nordid and Tungid types. Since Tungid is brachy, Iranid Mediterranid and Nordid are dolicho, I guess Turanids can also be mesocephal.
I think that it should be acceptable for each “type” to have a “Mesocephalic” variant. We should leave a margin always. It would be stupid to call two twins separate “types” only because one has a 0.1 difference in the C.I.
Although I’m not sure it really functions as Brachy+ Dolico = Meso. It’s not that automatic and I think it’s more complex.

Yaglakar
05-30-2018, 10:42 AM
Also, Iranians have nothing to do with Uralo-Altai people but some Baltic people such as Finns and Estonians do. Therefore, Turanid = Baltid + Tungid. It is not Iranid + Tungid.

OWD. Iranics have everything to do with Altaic peoples and almost nothing with Baltic peoples. From Indo-Iranic Scythians to Sogdians who were extremely influential and prominent as early as 5 century A.D. Turkics are closer to Mongols and Iranics. Fact.