PDA

View Full Version : My waiter was Eastern European today!

Richmondbread
10-14-2018, 11:14 PM
I went to Cracker Barrel in a town near me. My waiter was Ukraine or something. It's really weird, but we're having all these East Euro immigrants to Tidewater Virginia for some reason. Anyways, he did a wonderful job. I'm just not used to it. Normally it's a mostly Negro waitstaff.

Gründig
10-14-2018, 11:15 PM
:picard2:

Ayetooey
10-14-2018, 11:19 PM
They have waiters at Mcdonalds? This is getting weird Richmond are you going to tell us when you go to the toilet next ffs, and whats with the racially charged language all the time.

Richmondbread
10-14-2018, 11:22 PM
They have waiters at Mcdonalds? This is getting weird Richmond are you going to tell us when you go to the toilet next ffs, and whats with the racially charged language all the time.

No, Cracker Barrel. The reason I posted this was because it reminded me of TA. Since I run into so many Europeans on here and from East Europe.

Hulu
10-14-2018, 11:26 PM
I went to Cracker Barrel in a town near me. My waiter was Ukraine or something. It's really weird, but we're having all these East Euro immigrants to Tidewater Virginia for some reason. Anyways, he did a wonderful job. I'm just not used to it. Normally it's a mostly Negro waitstaff.

:D you sound like you're 89 :lol: if that.

Richmondbread
10-14-2018, 11:27 PM
:D you sound like you're 89 :lol: if that.

I was born in 1979 and I grew up in a different Era than most people here.

StonyArabia
10-14-2018, 11:28 PM
cool story bro

♥ Lily ♥
10-14-2018, 11:30 PM
So? :icon_ask:

At least they're working and have a job. Full credit to them as I guess they have to deal with some ungrateful and rude people sometimes which must require some patience skills.

Hulu
10-14-2018, 11:32 PM
There's older members here like Svipdag but you might be the only person who uses the word negro.

Haider
10-14-2018, 11:46 PM
People usually think poorly of waiters, but they can easily make $2000+ a week.

The Lawspeaker
10-14-2018, 11:49 PM
I was born in 1979 and I grew up in a different Era than most people here.

1982 here. I call bullshit.

StonyArabia
10-14-2018, 11:50 PM

If you are female you can pull even more actually

♥ Lily ♥
10-15-2018, 12:10 AM

I don't think badly of people who work hard and pay taxes, nor look down on waiters and waitresses. I think many people respect waiters and waitresses, because without them - restaurants couldn't function and would collapse.

I respect people for their personality and mannerisms, regardless of how much they earn. I think it's shallow to judge people based on their material things.

I don't respect arrogant, lazy, rude, or overweight people though - who don't work at all, and who arrogantly think they're superior to other people.

Richmondbread
10-15-2018, 12:18 AM

In larger cities, maybe but not in my neck of the woods.

Richmondbread
10-15-2018, 12:19 AM
I don't think badly of people who work hard and pay taxes, nor look down on waiters and waitresses. I think many people respect waiters and waitresses, because without them - restaurants couldn't function and would collapse.

I respect people for their personality and mannerisms, regardless of how much they earn. I think it's shallow to judge people based on their material things.

I don't respect arrogant, lazy, rude, or overweight people though - who don't work at all, and who arrogantly think they're superior to other people.

I don't look down on anyone. It's just interesting because we don't get that kind of people here very often. And it reminded of me TA. I'm not lazy either.
I've written over 300 songs, I am a working musician and I work as a mascot for a popular restaurant. I don't need your approval.

Richmondbread
10-15-2018, 12:25 AM
Everyone is taking my post the wrong way. I am happy that he was my waiter

1 He spoke English well. He is assimilating into American culture. He even says "Y'all " and "Have a blessed day!"
2 He didn't speak Russian or anything to his fellow East Euro co-workers behind our backs.
3.He provided great service at the table.
4. I don't look down on him just because he's East Euro. It's just a very different experience. Normally we have Negroes or middle aged lower class whites serving us.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my observations!

♥ Lily ♥
10-15-2018, 12:30 AM
I don't look down on anyone. It's just interesting because we don't get that kind of people here very often. And it reminded of me TA. I'm not lazy either..

You seem to have taken that personally about not respecting lazy and overweight people... why's that?! :icon_ask: I wasn't referring to you personally.

Anyway, hard-working expats who aren't troubling anyone in life and are contributing taxes to your economy don't need your approval. :)

I've met Eastern Europeans in London from Romania who work as doctors, btw.

Also I met a black surgeon once who operated on my back at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in Queen's Square following an injury. I'm grateful to him that I can stand, dance, and walk again.

Richmondbread
10-15-2018, 12:31 AM
You seem to have taken that personally about not respecting lazy and overweight people... why's that?! :icon_ask:

Anyway, hard-working expats who aren't troubling anyone in life and are contributing taxes to your economy don't need your approval.

I've met Eastern Europeans in London from Romania who work as doctors, btw.

Also I met a black surgeon once who operated on my back at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in Queen's Square following an injury. I'm grateful to him that I can stand, dance, and walk again.

Yes, I know. It's just not commonplace to meet many East Euros where I live. They seem to be coming in recently. Would rather have them any day than Middle East Muslims.

Ayetooey
10-15-2018, 12:32 AM
Everyone is taking my post the wrong way. I am happy that he was my waiter

1 He spoke English well. He is assimilating into American culture. He even says "Y'all " and "Have a blessed day!"
2 He didn't speak Russian or anything to his fellow East Euro co-workers behind our backs.
3.He provided great service at the table.
4. I don't look down on him just because he's East Euro. It's just a very different experience. Normally we have Negroes or middle aged lower class whites serving us.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my observations!

It's the fact that even your compliments come with backhanded comments about "Negros" (who uses that word now a days) and "lower class whites" no offence but you largely live off the state due to your medical condition, you can't really call people out on being lower class when you're on government benefits + working part time. If you said half this stuff irl someone would attack you.

Richmondbread
10-15-2018, 12:33 AM
It's the fact that even your compliments come with backhanded comments about "Negros" (who uses that word now a days) and "lower class whites" no offence but you largely live off the state due to your medical condition, you can't really call people out on being lower class when you're on government benefits + working part time. If you said half this stuff irl someone would attack you.

It's only temporary. I won't be for long. Anyways, I prefer to call it genteel poverty.

Ayetooey
10-15-2018, 12:37 AM
It's only temporary. I won't be for long. Anyways, I prefer to call it genteel poverty.

I don't even blame you as you have good reason to be receiving government welfare, you're medically unwell, however that means you should have some empathy towards others also.

Richmondbread
10-15-2018, 12:43 AM
I don't even blame you as you have good reason to be receiving government welfare, you're medically unwell, however that means you should have some empathy towards others also.

I'm not just sitting around all day. I do work. Just not full time. I work PT and I only get $500 extra a month which is just there as a safety net as I am trying to get with a career coach to find out how I can support myself.

luxor8
10-15-2018, 08:37 AM

Noticed this as well, a lot of East Euro immigrants in California.

Sacramento, San Francisco and Fresno have huge immigrant Russian speaking communities.

The waiters here are almost all Hispanics, but seen alot of East Euro ones including a Russian employee at a subway.

Not sure why everyone is on your case, I've noticed it and I live on opposite sides of the continent.

luxor8
10-15-2018, 08:59 AM
Yes, I know. It's just not commonplace to meet many East Euros where I live. They seem to be coming in recently. Would rather have them any day than Middle East Muslims.

It's very commonplace where I live. Northern California has alot of Eastern Euro immigrants, including Russians. And yes many work as restaurant servers.

I also ran into a German the other day, and sorry to say he looked a fruitcake although he was much taller than I.

At least he was buying beer like I was at the Sprouts Supermarket, haha.

Richmondbread
10-15-2018, 06:22 PM
Noticed this as well, a lot of East Euro immigrants in California.

Sacramento, San Francisco and Fresno have huge immigrant Russian speaking communities.

The waiters here are almost all Hispanics, but seen alot of East Euro ones including a Russian employee at a subway.

Not sure why everyone is on your case, I've noticed it and I live on opposite sides of the continent.

It's pretty new thing here. We are getting Ukraine and East Euros. Not sure . Maybe they are trying to get away from all the Muslim migrants over there. I don't have any qualms about it. They seem to really want to become Americans and assimilate. My waiter even said "Have a blessed day". Slavs are very good workers.

nittionia
10-15-2018, 06:25 PM
I had a Serbian nurse a few months ago (I could tell by her name and accent) and it took everything in me not to ask Balkan questions. I didn't want to creep her out.

Papastratosels26
10-15-2018, 06:50 PM
Nice.

Στάλθηκε από το G3311 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk