PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Indo-European populations of Europe. Is this video correct and does it make sense?

cyberlorian
11-04-2018, 11:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kPWRySf24s

gıulıoımpa
11-04-2018, 11:18 AM
so according to this video

DinariCs and DinariDs are different? never knew that

cyberlorian
11-04-2018, 11:22 AM
so according to this video

DinariCs and DinariDs are different? never knew that

I think the video maker has used Dinaric terms to represent the inhabitants of Dinaric Alps (Haplogroup I2 dominated region).

michal3141
11-04-2018, 11:33 AM
It's wrong.

cyberlorian
11-04-2018, 12:25 PM
It's wrong.

Would you like to tell which aspect are wrong and can you please correct them?

michal3141
11-04-2018, 01:33 PM
Would you like to tell which aspect are wrong and can you please correct them?

The very first map is already wrong and misleading. Baltic states having the same level of neolithic admixture as France or Southern Germany?
Central Russia the same level as Spain? It's just completely wrong.

Neo-Danubian being a mix of Danubian Nordics and Lappinoids? What is this guy smoking? Neo-Danubians might be looking pseudo-Asian because they have high WHG and EHG admixture.
His Danubian Nordics just look neolithic to me (with big, Semitic eyes and in general skull shape). Clearly not a look I associate with mesolithic European hunters-gatherers.

Last but not least, there is no information what he means by Pre-Indo-European populations. Does he mean neolithic populations of Europe? Actually neolithic Europe was very diverse genetically.
There were populations with heavy ENF admixture, but there were also populations very close to European Hunter Gatherers (e.g. Ukraine Neolithic was very close to EHG).

cyberlorian
11-04-2018, 01:49 PM
The very first map is already wrong and misleading. Baltic states having the same level of neolithic admixture as France or Southern Germany?
Central Russia the same level as Spain? It's just completely wrong.

Neo-Danubian being a mix of Danubian Nordics and Lappinoids? What is this guy smoking? Neo-Danubians might be looking pseudo-Asian because they have high WHG and EHG admixture.
His Danubian Nordics just look neolithic to me (with big, Semitic eyes and in general skull shape). Clearly not a look I associate with mesolithic European hunters-gatherers.

Last but not least, there is no information what he means by Pre-Indo-European populations. Does he mean neolithic populations of Europe? Actually neolithic Europe was very diverse genetically.
There were populations with heavy ENF admixture, but there were also populations very close to European Hunter Gatherers (e.g. Ukraine Neolithic was very close to EHG).

I guess he is trying to mean Neolithic Europe.