PDA

View Full Version : Why do so many Jews have Blue eyes?

Richmondbread
01-17-2019, 10:30 PM
Ashkenazi Jews overwhelmingly have blue eyes, to the point where it becomes more of a marker for them. Is that because they all intermarried and wiped out the more typical brown eyed Euros around them?

Valwar
01-17-2019, 10:40 PM
I don't think Ashkenazis are "overwhelmingly" blue-eyed, but the places in Europe they mostly originate from (Central Europe) have fairly high rates of blue eyes.

lonewolfcypriot
01-17-2019, 10:41 PM
who gives a fuck

Gründig
01-17-2019, 10:45 PM
Why do so many Americans have fake native American ancestry?

Deneb
01-17-2019, 10:48 PM

Why do Americans want to have German Ancestry?

Gründig
01-17-2019, 10:51 PM
Why do Americans want to have German Ancestry?

Go post about who's "whiter".

Phenix
01-17-2019, 10:57 PM

Don't forget the Bavarian build.

Go post about who's "whiter".

Easy on the napalm stock.

Smeagol
01-17-2019, 11:04 PM
Ashkenazi Jews don't have overwhelmingly blue eyes but they have a higher amount than Southern Europeans according to Coon.

Randulf
01-18-2019, 04:57 PM
Euro Jews have alot of blue eyes because they GET it guys.....

Veslan
01-18-2019, 05:02 PM
"Overwhelmingly"? Just loool :rotfl:
SOME of them have blue eyes because of the European admixture. Jews being mutts is nothing new really, they range racially from Ethiopian to Khazar to Nordic, although the most of them are just regular MENA phenotypes with possible other influence.

Smeagol
01-18-2019, 06:28 PM
"Overwhelmingly"? Just loool :rotfl:
SOME of them have blue eyes because of the European admixture. Jews being mutts is nothing new really, they range racially from Ethiopian to Khazar to Nordic, although the most of them are just regular MENA phenotypes with possible other influence.

No they aren't. Compare crowd photos of Ashkenazi Jews to ones of Palestinians or Syrians or whatever. They don't look alike at all.

Myanthropologies
01-18-2019, 06:33 PM
The interesting thing to remember is that a fair share of Levantines have light hair and eyes, so it is very possible that Ashkenazi Jews with blue eyes could have inherited the gene from one of their Levantine ancestors, too.

Smeagol
01-18-2019, 06:47 PM
The amount of Ashkenazi Jews with blue eyes is much higher than the Levantine percentage. According to Fishberg, around 40% are light eyed.

ModernMaskil
01-18-2019, 06:50 PM
Ashkenazi Jews don't have overwhelmingly blue eyes but they have a higher amount than Southern Europeans according to Coon.

For once I agree with you.

ModernMaskil
01-18-2019, 06:54 PM
People seem to have so many misconceptions about Ashkenazis. Maybe I'll do a thread explaining everything clearly through my observations since people here seem to be so interested in us (as am I, to a degree).

rein
01-18-2019, 06:58 PM
Ashkenazi Jews overwhelmingly have blue eyes, to the point where it becomes more of a marker for them. Is that because they all intermarried and wiped out the more typical brown eyed Euros around them?

It’s because you’re a Pocahontas princess who was brown eyed. Real Euros such as Motala Hunter Gatherers had light hair and eyes.

Richmondbread
01-18-2019, 07:24 PM
The interesting thing to remember is that a fair share of Levantines have light hair and eyes, so it is very possible that Ashkenazi Jews with blue eyes could have inherited the gene from one of their Levantine ancestors, too.

And this is a good reason why people should stop saying that Jesus wasn't White.