PDA

View Full Version : As a group would these Game of Thrones actors fit better in Central France or Sweden?

Bellbeaking
05-04-2019, 12:50 AM
https://i.imgur.com/HpXnXMX.jpg all British, I found this on google

I Think Central France, despite the genetic difference being larger.

Zroota
05-04-2019, 12:53 AM
Sweden

Bellbeaking
05-04-2019, 12:56 AM
https://www.travelnotes.org/france/central-france_map.gif the 4 central regions on here centre, bourgogne, auverne, limosin

Bellbeaking
05-04-2019, 01:17 AM
Sweden

Interesting, It may be misleading as some of the larger photos look more Scandinavian while some of the smaller ones are darker.

Zroota
05-04-2019, 02:22 AM
Interesting, It may be misleading as some of the larger photos look more Scandinavian while some of the smaller ones are darker.
True. I noticed that.

Zeus
05-04-2019, 03:32 AM
almost all of them look very British Isles, but of the two options, Central France is more fitting for the group as a whole because some of the people listed could not pass in Sweden almost at all but could potentially pass in Francia(examples - podrick, gendry and maybe even Robb stark and Jon snow)

Faklon
05-04-2019, 12:21 PM
I haven't been in Central France nor Sweden, but they could relatively easily pass in Northern France. If you included Gwendoline Christie and Coster Waldau(Danish) then maybe I would vote for Sweden/Scandinavia I suppose.

Centurion
05-04-2019, 01:47 PM
Sweden.

farke1
05-04-2019, 01:52 PM
It's a tough one. I'd say the majority of those actors look like they'd pass in Sweden fairly easily, but there are a select few (Iwan Rheon, Kit Harington, Joe Dempsie, the guy who plays Bran etc) that wouldn't fit in Sweden at all (or barely). Pretty much all of them could pass in central France to some degree or another, even if certain standout examples (Jerome Flynn, Ian Glen, and the guy in between Sean Bean and Alfie Allen) look like they could easily pass as native Swedes, so I think I'd be inclined to agree with you.

Finnish Swede
05-04-2019, 02:04 PM
A Song of Ice and Fire?

Valyrians looked like Scandinavians .... we can leave others to others.

Faklon
05-04-2019, 02:06 PM
A song of Ice and Fire?

Valyrians looked like Scandinavians .... we can leave others to others.

Posting the meme picture for you,

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/thumb.php?f=Magali_Villeneuve_Dragonlords.jpg&width=350

Valyrians from Great Ostrobotnia

The Blade
05-04-2019, 02:46 PM
Neither in particular.
Several look hardcore British, a few others are pan-Northwestern Euro (including Bean) and some have too soft Alpine features which are rare among Swedes.

GreentheViper
05-04-2019, 02:52 PM
More leaning towards Sweden, but not overtly. Most look pretty British.

Roy
05-04-2019, 04:16 PM
More in France than in Sweden imho, but very slightly.

It's a tough one. I'd say the majority of those actors look like they'd pass in Sweden fairly easily, but there are a select few (Iwan Rheon, Kit Harington, Joe Dempsie, the guy who plays Bran etc) that wouldn't fit in Sweden at all (or barely). Pretty much all of them could pass in central France to some degree or another, even if certain standout examples (Jerome Flynn, Ian Glen, and the guy in between Sean Bean and Alfie Allen) look like they could easily pass as native Swedes, so I think I'd be inclined to agree with you.

Iwan Rheon has a distinct look for British Isles.

Bellbeaking
05-05-2019, 12:55 PM
More in France than in Sweden imho, but very slightly.

Iwan Rheon has a distinct look for British Isles.

very welsh specifically

Rouxinol
05-05-2019, 03:44 PM
Alfie Allen could pass in Sweden, the others would fit best in France because they lack Baltoid traits...