PDA

View Full Version : Classify Monica Vitti - Italian Actress

guyinsf
07-08-2011, 05:21 PM
I think she has a very interesting face. I like the angular shape but not sure if it's typical of central Italy (born in Rome). I think she's very beautiful and has a very sirene yet expressive face.

alzo zero
07-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Dinarid+CM.

Sikeliot
07-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Characteristically Central European as a whole.. I agree with alzo zero's classification.

alzo zero
07-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Characteristically Central European as a whole.. I agree with alzo zero's classification.
I changed my Noric classification to Dinarid. Actually I'm not sure which of the two she is. Maybe the latter, I think she may be of the same type as her fellow Roman Francesco Totti.

guyinsf
07-08-2011, 05:24 PM
I changed my Noric to Dinarid. Actually I'm not sure which of the two she is.

Yeah it's kind of hard to classify or pinpoint her cuz her look is very interesting...to me at least, but so appealing....to me at least.

GeistFaust
07-08-2011, 07:03 PM
I fail to see the Dinarid but Cro Magnon + Atlantid admixture sounds accurate she could pass as French but I agree with Cmmexico although I think the look is superificial she is still a Mediterranid.

alzo zero
07-08-2011, 07:11 PM
I fail to see the Dinarid but Cro Magnon + Atlantid admixture sounds accurate she could pass as French but I agree with Cmmexico although I think the look is superificial she is still a Mediterranid.
So to recap, this guy (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=462087&postcount=1) has Dinarid but MV hasn't? :confused:

GeistFaust
07-08-2011, 07:12 PM
So to recap, this guy (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=462087&postcount=1) has Dinarid but MV hasn't? :confused:

He does not have that much some influences in the middle of the face that is it for the most part.

guyinsf
07-08-2011, 07:50 PM

I don't think she's mostly mediterranid.
Her pigmentation is quite fair overall. I think she was a blond as a youth and eyes look to be dark blue/hazel. Maybe more alpinid?

GeistFaust
07-08-2011, 07:52 PM
I don't think she's mostly mediterranid.
Her pigmentation is quite fair overall. I think she was a blond as a youth and eyes look to be dark blue/hazel. Maybe more alpinid?

I think its not a matter of pigmentation as it is overall skull frame her German look is superifical probably has ancestors that were Normans or Swabians and she is not rounded out enough to be Aplinoid she has much sharper and chiseled out features which points to Cro Magnon dominance.

guyinsf
07-08-2011, 07:59 PM
I think its not a matter of pigmentation as it is overall skull frame her German look is superifical probably has ancestors that were Normans or Swabians and she is not rounded out enough to be Aplinoid she has much sharper and chiseled out features which points to Cro Magnon dominance.

Maybe you're right but I don't think she's fully med though.

Sikeliot
07-08-2011, 08:03 PM
I see more Alpine/Dinaric/CM than Med.

GeistFaust
07-08-2011, 08:06 PM
I see more Alpine/Dinaric/CM than Med.

Aplinoid is merely a influence in her she would make for a robust Aplinoid but I do not see the Dinarid component anywhere rather I see an Atlantid component.

Sikeliot
07-08-2011, 08:07 PM
It's the Med part I don't see.. I think since we know she is Italian we believe subconsciously we are supposed to see something Mediterranid in her.. but I am not seeing it.

GeistFaust
07-08-2011, 08:09 PM
It's the Med part I don't see.. I think since we know she is Italian we believe subconsciously we are supposed to see something Mediterranid in her.. but I am not seeing it.

She is Mediterranid though in her overall skull frame she just has a superificial or generic Northern Central European look.

Ouistreham
07-08-2011, 09:32 PM
she could pass as French

Impossible! Her wide set eyes are Italian as hell, specifically Italian.

I have described earlier this special Italian type:

Wide set eyes, fleshy lips, somewhat long (remade?) nose: she is typically Italian. She looks like an Italian fake blonde, with natural aqua-blue eyes though.

Women of this kind are seen sometimes in Lombardia, Emilia and Tuscany (especially in Florence). Classifying them is very tricky. They have generally a high cranial index which rules out any significant Mediterranean and/or Nordic admixture, yet the face doesn't show the neotenic features associated with standard Alpine or East-Baltic types. Maybe a special Dinaroid concoction specific to Northern/Central Italy.

One of the most famous examples in art is Botticelli's Flora. See how high the nose is rooted!

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk254/mymoonbeam1/botticelli-flora.jpg

I would like to coin the designation "Etruscan Type" for the women of this kind. They appear (albeit sporadically) mainly beween Rome and Milan, the peak being in Tuscany.

Sikeliot
07-08-2011, 09:35 PM
I could imagine her as Austrian too.. she seems to be a type I have seen from northern Italians as well though.

alzo zero
07-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Sorry Ouistreham, I'm not sure what you are talking about. Monica Vitti has an uncommon look. If you ask an Italian what he thinks of her, he would most likely define her as a "tipo". As you probably know, In Italian a "tipo" is someone who doesn't look particularly beautiful but has some unommon trait which makes her interestig.

probably has ancestors that were Normans or Swabians
:rolleyes:

Sikeliot
07-09-2011, 05:17 PM
She reminds me of Eva and Zsa Zsa Gabor.

leisitox
07-09-2011, 06:37 PM
I think Ouistreham is right, she is special Italian dinaric type+CM.
she isnt typical from someone from Italy. Intresting woman

Fincher
01-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Bump.

cally
01-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Dinaro-CM

aherne
01-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Probably Mediterranean (dominant) + Aryan (secondary) + Dinaric (possible). Quite a difficult case...

Volscian
10-13-2014, 11:32 PM
Dinarid+CM.

Comte Arnau
10-13-2014, 11:38 PM
Definitely belonging to the pantheon of classical Italian goddies.

oh-nahhh
10-13-2014, 11:40 PM
Dinarid+Fälid.

Piccolo
10-13-2014, 11:46 PM
White Vitti is not typical of Italians is it necessary that she have Norman or Germanic ancestry? Could she just be an unusual "fair" Italic, like say, how Caesar Augustus was described by Suetonius?

oh-nahhh
10-13-2014, 11:49 PM
White Vitti is not typical of Italians is it necessary that she have Norman or Germanic ancestry? Could she just be an unusual "fair" Italic, like say, how Caesar Augustus was described by Suetonius?
Vitti is an Italian name.

Piccolo
10-13-2014, 11:53 PM
Vitti is an Italian name.

Right, but people usually assume that fair Italians must have distant Germanic or some other Northern ancestry. I concede that that is probably sometimes the case, but I wonder if some of these unusually fair Italians are really just examples of the fairer Italics that have been around since ancient times.

aherne
10-14-2014, 05:07 AM

Augustus was super-typical for Italics. Vitti would not have been typical, because she's Med, with a long narrow face. Most Italics were quite short-faced (excluding those that looked manifestly Aryan) and with a general Alpine-CM tendency.

Ulla
10-14-2014, 10:35 AM

Monica Vitti, born Maria Luisa Ceciarelli in Rome. Ceciarelli is a central Italian surname from Lazio. Vitti is a stage surname.