PDA

View Full Version : How many Hungarians

Teutone
02-10-2020, 06:17 PM
How many Hungarians identify themselves with Turks,Turkic,Turan Ideology?

I see there is a divide here.

Benyzero
02-10-2020, 06:25 PM
not me bru, but they can be turk if they want, by me lol

Ülev
02-10-2020, 06:27 PM
Szép, szép. Ennyi.

Videx
02-10-2020, 06:31 PM
Not me, and I feel they are grasping at straws whey they try to prove it as a real identity.

Teutone
02-10-2020, 06:33 PM
Dont they have a political arm called Jobbik?

Benyzero
02-10-2020, 06:36 PM
Dont they have a political arm called Jobbik?

Jobbik was a minority nationalist party for long time, nowadays they have a lot more voters. It is a right wing party (became more populist in the last years) therefore more traditionalist, but I would not make a parralel with it and turanism

Benyzero
02-10-2020, 06:39 PM
Turanists are a tiny minority in the hungarian nationalist scene,and it has a connection to paganism Imo. Nationalists are usually christian here anyway.

pajkosbalna
02-10-2020, 07:03 PM
Its not really in the public consciousness in general.

ProudBrit
02-10-2020, 07:19 PM
Where is the poll?

Kökény
02-10-2020, 07:20 PM
I am not a Turanist and I don't really view myself as a Turkic person, because I am obviously not one. However I am proud of my ancestors, and I don't think I need to be a certain % of Turkic to be able to connect with them.

It's funny how every other nation are allowed to honor their ancestors, but when Hungarians do it they are delusionals, because they have nothing to do with the old Magyars anymore. I love this logic.

Besides, I am an admirer of Turkic languages. They are the only ones that doesn't make my ears bleed. They sound pleasant and familiar to me. If all of this makes me a "Turanist", then so be it.

Heaven
02-10-2020, 07:26 PM
Instead of trolling the Turks or Hungarians, strive to revive Prussia you Habsburger Papal Troll. Claim Ost Preussen back from Russian invaders who are now weaker. The Rus even lost Kyiv yet still keeps Königsberg. Not normal.

MustafaTekin
02-10-2020, 07:28 PM
Hungarians who reject trianon are usually turkic ones, real descendants of attila. others are most likely german, slav, jew, armenian and gypsy.

Teutone
02-10-2020, 07:31 PM
Instead of trolling the Turks or Hungarians, strive to revive Prussia you Habsburger Papal Troll. Claim Ost Preussen back from Russian invaders who are now weaker. The Rus even lost Kyiv yet still keeps Königsberg. Not normal.

Where am I trolling you subhuman

I was asking a question, I got nothing against Hungarians at all or made any statement in this thread.

Im just interested after I saw some Hungarians here were pro and some anti turk.

Ford
02-10-2020, 07:31 PM
What do Turanist Hungarians think of things like this?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0d/Coa_Hungary_Town_Hajd%C3%BAdorog_big.svg/1024px-Coa_Hungary_Town_Hajd%C3%BAdorog_big.svg.png

Heaven
02-10-2020, 07:33 PM
Loser.

Ford
02-10-2020, 07:41 PM
What do Turanist Hungarians think of things like this?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0d/Coa_Hungary_Town_Hajd%C3%BAdorog_big.svg/1024px-Coa_Hungary_Town_Hajd%C3%BAdorog_big.svg.png

Btw, look at that Hedgehog. Isn't it just cute as fuck?

pajkosbalna
02-10-2020, 07:43 PM
Hungarians who reject trianon are usually turkic ones, real descendants of attila. others are most likely german, slav, jew, armenian and gypsy.

Rejecting trianon and turanism have not much to do with each other tho

Benyzero
02-10-2020, 07:59 PM

How can you say such an ignorant thing. I have no idea where you got that information.

Aileron
02-10-2020, 08:16 PM
Those who support holly Turanism are my brothers and sisters...

Voskos
02-10-2020, 08:23 PM
#wewuzturks
#webewhitenow

#bestofbothworlds

grecoroman
02-10-2020, 08:29 PM
hajra turan

HIDE!!! the magyars are coming!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lg4gP3d4vY

Aileron
02-10-2020, 08:36 PM
#wewuzturks
#webewhitenow

#bestofbothworlds

Wuttt

Voskos
02-10-2020, 08:40 PM
Wuttt

https://pics.me.me/u-are-muslim-now-say-yis-yis-what-the-fuck-3991728.png

Kutlu
02-10-2020, 08:41 PM
this is interesting

Aileron
02-10-2020, 08:45 PM
https://pics.me.me/u-are-muslim-now-say-yis-yis-what-the-fuck-3991728.png

Was this for me?

Voskos
02-10-2020, 08:47 PM
Was this for me?

no.it's for european turanists, i found it on google images.

Blondie
02-10-2020, 08:52 PM
I don't know any turanist person in my personal life, neither who has turkic identity.

Aileron
02-10-2020, 08:54 PM
I don't know any turanist person in my personal life, neither who has turkic identity.

i think its cooler to have Turkic ancestry than mainstream and boring Slavic/Germanic ancestry
What do you think?
After all real Magyars were steppe people

Blondie
02-10-2020, 08:57 PM
i think its cooler to have Turkic ancestry than mainstream and boring Slavic/Germanic ancestry
What do you think?

Hungarians consider themselves simple hungarians nothing more. Nobody cares this turkic, finno-ugric etc things, only a tiny minority have meta ethnicity.

Aileron
02-10-2020, 08:59 PM
Hungarians consider themselves simple hungarians nothing more. Nobody cares this turkic, finno-ugric etc things, only a tiny minority have meta ethnicity.

Thanks for information.
Are u of Germanic ancestry?

Blondie
02-10-2020, 09:03 PM
Thanks for information.
Are u of Germanic ancestry?

yes but i was born and grew up here

Kökény
02-10-2020, 09:07 PM

True. I only identify as a Hungarian, and after that as a Székely.

oszkar07
02-10-2020, 09:08 PM
The Turanism mentality is a fairly recent phenomena.
Even if there are some Hungarians who have some leaning because they felt the finno-ugric was a conspiracy theory by Germans or whatever ideas they have ... I think only a small percentage of Hungarians follow it with any passion.
I think majority Hungarians dont have too much enthusiasm for it and most Hungarians dont identify as Turkic ...though there is some recognition of central asian aspects amongst the conquerors.

Hungarians are not Turkic and they are too unique to have any other legitimate meta ethnicity identity , they certainly are central europeans but mostly they are simply Hungarians.

Aileron
02-10-2020, 09:08 PM
True. I only identify as a Hungarian, and after that as a Székely.

Thanks for information sister

pajkosbalna
02-10-2020, 09:10 PM

+1

pajkosbalna
02-10-2020, 09:13 PM
What do you think?

I think everyone who has magyar identity is real magyar :)

oszkar07
02-10-2020, 09:16 PM

Complete BS.
All or most Hungarians reject Trianon .
Yes some radical minded Hungarians took a kind of anti European outlook as result of Trianon ... but complete BS that someone has to be Turanist or anti Europe to reject Trianon.

ixulescu
02-10-2020, 09:33 PM
Complete BS.
All or most Hungarians reject Trianon .
Yes some radical minded Hungarians took a kind of anti European outlook as result of Trianon ... but complete BS that someone has to be Turanist or anti Europe to reject Trianon.

Honestly you should embrace Trianon.

Pre-Trianon Hungary was a fiction based on a romantic vision of Medieval Hungary. Medieval Hungary was not an ethnic state, nor a unitary one - unlike modern states. Once this fictitious entity was fleshed out in 1867 it has put you Hungarians in conflict with all your neighbors. I don't think it was worth it for anyone involved, Hungarians or any other ethnicity that used to inhabit it.

Aspirin
02-10-2020, 09:47 PM

Pre-Trianon Hungary was a fiction based on a romantic vision of Medieval Hungary. Medieval Hungary was not an ethnic state, nor a unitary one - unlike modern states.

You basically describe today Romania.

ixulescu
02-10-2020, 09:50 PM
You basically describe today Romania.

you still try to justify the pathetic existence of RM? find something better to do srsly

Aspirin
02-10-2020, 09:53 PM
you still try to justify the pathetic existence of RM? find something better to do srsly

Truth hurts

ixulescu
02-10-2020, 09:54 PM
Truth hurts

let me tell you the truth. RM is the definition of a failed state. and yes it hurts me too.

grecoroman
02-10-2020, 09:59 PM
let me tell you the truth. RM is the definition of a failed state. and yes it hurts me too.

Moldova?? Isn't that a part of Romania??

ixulescu
02-10-2020, 10:01 PM
Moldova?? Isn't that a part of Romania??

It should be, but only half of it is.

Kökény
02-10-2020, 10:13 PM

I for myself, will never embrace it. Trianon wasn't fair at all. Maybe for others it was but not for us. And I am not talking about Transylvania. That's another thing. Our problem couldn't be solved anyway.

Do you really think that Hungarians are still salty because of losing the glorious old kingdom? It's about the people. Who tf cares about "losing" Croatia and other irrelevant parts?

The current border was drawn unfairly, and that's a fact.
Cutting so many Hungarians off the country so close to the border is not justice. They didn't even consider it that they were in absolute majority in those areas. It cannot be forgiven so easily.

ixulescu
02-10-2020, 10:34 PM
I for myself, will never embrace it. Trianon wasn't fair at all. Maybe for others it was but not for us. And I am not talking about Transylvania. That's another thing. Our problem couldn't be solved anyway.

Do you really think that Hungarians are still salty because of losing the glorious old kingdom? It's about the people. Who tf cares about "losing" Croatia and other irrelevant parts?

Cutting so many Hungarians off the country so close to the border is not justice. They didn't even consider it that they were in absolute majority in those areas. It cannot be forgiven so easily.

I can understand these feelings. There was a certain "revenge" exacted in the way borders were shaped. But ethnic problems were left to fester in the 19th century, then a crushing war came and Hungary was on the losing side. This is what happens. Btw, the French modeled Trianon treaty after the peace offered to Romania by the Central Powers in 1918 (in which Romania lost its oil fields, mountains etc).

A more balanced view of history in Hungary, a better understanding of why other ethnicities felt oppressed in greater Hungary, would ease this apocalyptic picture that Hungary has about its population and land losses at the end of WW1.

ProudBrit
02-10-2020, 10:35 PM

Saving for future reference when Feiichy gets unbanned.

Aspirin
02-10-2020, 10:38 PM
It should be, but only half of it is.

Half is free (RM), half is temporary occupied (Romania Moldova). Don't forget Banat, Transylvania and Dobrudja, they are occupied lands too.

ixulescu
02-10-2020, 10:43 PM
Half is free (RM), half is temporary occupied (Romania Moldova). Don't forget Banat, Transylvania and Dobrudja, they are occupied lands too.

nope. just RM is occupied by a gang of corrupt politruks - but it won't last forever. they'll crush the economy because that's the only thing they're capable of.

Kökény
02-10-2020, 10:51 PM

Feel free. No sane Hungarian wants Croatia "back". We have no business with them.

ProudBrit
02-10-2020, 10:56 PM
Feel free. No sane Hungarian wants Croatia "back". We have no business with them.

Tell me more, the relationship was more like master-slave from what I've read here from Hungarian members, right?@Blondie you can freely speak your mind now about Croatia.

pajkosbalna
02-10-2020, 11:09 PM

Sorry but you sound a bit creepy mate :/ why generate heat between members when there isnt? Bet you love drama :bored0:

Kökény
02-10-2020, 11:09 PM
Tell me more, the relationship was more like master-slave from what I've read here from Hungarian members, right?@Blondie you can freely speak your mind now about Croatia.

For the love of God, stop with this slave bullshit. They weren't our slaves. We were in personal union.

Just go to sleep Dragoş. You are one hour ahead of us.

Pribislav
02-10-2020, 11:11 PM

Lajos Kossuth once said that he never heard for any Croatia.

In revolution 1848-49 Serbs and Croatians were on the Austrian side against Hungarians.

Croatian ban Jelačić had no success against Hungarians.

On the other hand Serbs defeated Hungarians in few battles, but also lost in a few battles.
Result of Serbian fighting against Hungarian was authonomy for Serbs in Habsburg empire called Voivodeship of Serbia and Banat of Temeschwar with the capital in Timisoara 1849-60.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voivodeship_of_Serbia_and_Banat_of_Temeschwar
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serb_uprising_of_1848-49

Notable Serbs from the war with Hungarians are Stevan Šupljikac and Stevan Knićanin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevan_Šupljikac
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevan_Knićanin

ProudBrit
02-10-2020, 11:30 PM
For the love of God, stop with this slave bullshit. They weren't our slaves. We were in personal union.

Just go to sleep Dragoş. You are one hour ahead of us.

Sorry, I'm a bit slow-witted but what kind of personal union are we talking about? It would help me if you used examples from the real-world so I can make a better idea, like for example the crocodile and the plover in Africa? Cause Blondie left me the impression it was more of a tapeworm situation

Terminator98
02-10-2020, 11:48 PM

I think same situation is in every European country, but TA members obssesed with haplogroups and phenotypes (it's not like any of us could choose or that has any real impact on our lifes) simply can't understand that.

Blondie
02-10-2020, 11:58 PM
Blondie you can freely speak your mind now about Croatia.

I like Croatia, i have been there many times and beautiful country.

Kökény
02-10-2020, 11:59 PM
A more balanced view of history in Hungary, a better understanding of why other ethnicities felt oppressed in greater Hungary, would ease this apocalyptic picture that Hungary has about its population and land losses at the end of WW1.

I can understand that they felt oppressed. It's not that we didn't want them to be free. I can understand where the others are coming from. The main problem with Trianon is not that it happened, more like how it happened.

Anyway, I don't think about this topic everyday. I only answered so that others can understand the Hungarian point of view. We can't do shit about it, and everybody knows that. That's why I don't understand why some of our neighbours are afraid that we will "take back"
those lands. Lol how.

That's just wishful thinking, but still it's good to play around with the idea once in a while. :rolleyes:

Decius
02-11-2020, 12:21 AM
I like Croatia, i have been there many times and beautiful country.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/image.php?u=23974&dateline=1581273497

oszkar07
02-11-2020, 07:59 AM
[QUOTE=ixulescu;6495903]Honestly you should embrace Trianon.

NEM NEM SOHA !

Trianon was not a fair process.
The borders were not drawn well , post Trianon Hungary partly surrounded itself with Hungarians now over the border displaced in neighbouring countries.

As another member stated ,"its done", not much can be done about it ... at the time Trianon served several purposes on political level... even though it has been recognised that it was unfair border drawing for Hungary ... no one would care enough to change it ... but i dont think you can ever expect Hungarians to accept something that was ultimatly designed to be destructive to Hungary.... certainly had negative impact on Hungarian familes suddenly who became residents in newly enlarged neighbouring nations ... and in some cases these people still shared border with Hungary...yet no longer lived in Hungary.
Im not suggesting a full reversal would be realistic or logical , but in the very least ... revising how the borders were unfairly drawn is relevant... Hungarians dont forget that.
My Grandfathers mother family (Great Grandmother) were from a Hungarian town in Transylvania/Partium that ended up in Romania but was not too far from Hungarian border.

Benyzero
02-11-2020, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE=oszkar07;6496554][QUOTE]

They did not just take away some territories but cut the country to pieces. One of the biggest disgraces of the modern history

oszkar07
02-11-2020, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=oszkar07;6496554][QUOTE]

They did not just take away some territories but cut the country to pieces. One of the biggest disgraces of the modern history

I agree.

ixulescu
02-12-2020, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE]

Trianon was not a fair process.
The borders were not drawn well , post Trianon Hungary partly surrounded itself with Hungarians now over the border displaced in neighbouring countries.

As another member stated ,"its done", not much can be done about it ... at the time Trianon served several purposes on political level... even though it has been recognised that it was unfair border drawing for Hungary ... no one would care enough to change it ... but i dont think you can ever expect Hungarians to accept something that was ultimatly designed to be destructive to Hungary.... certainly had negative impact on Hungarian familes suddenly who became residents in newly enlarged neighbouring nations ... and in some cases these people still shared border with Hungary...yet no longer lived in Hungary.
Im not suggesting a full reversal would be realistic or logical , but in the very least ... revising how the borders were unfairly drawn is relevant... Hungarians dont forget that.
My Grandfathers mother family (Great Grandmother) were from a Hungarian town in Transylvania/Partium that ended up in Romania but was not too far from Hungarian border.

Sadly there were no good solutions to create national states in the region because empires mixed people up.
Borders were mostly drawn on ethnic majorities, with some smoothing to create convex border outlines.

I can't see a better border on the map below.

https://i2.wp.com/upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Sprachatlas_Weigand_67.JPG