PDA

View Full Version : I love St Patrick's Day !

Richmondbread
03-16-2022, 07:50 PM
My favorite holiday next to Christmas (although Christmas is really a season and not just one day) . I love the Irish food, and it never leaves me constipated (unlike German dishes)

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

CordedWhelp
03-16-2022, 08:30 PM
Have any plans for it tomorrow, Mr. Meade?

Richmondbread
03-16-2022, 08:34 PM
This country belongs to White Anglo-Saxon Protestants only.

Just kidding, I love the Irish.Many Irish are protestant. My colonial Irish ancestors were.

CordedWhelp
03-16-2022, 09:04 PM
Many Irish are protestant. My colonial Irish ancestors were.

Were they all Ulster Scots? What surnames run down your Irish side?

Richmondbread
03-16-2022, 10:05 PM

They were not Ulster Scots, the Meade family was Anglo Irish, but also married into native Irish , dating back to around the 1400s AD.
Some Irish names on my tree: Downey, Campbell, Sculley, Meade , O'Hagan , Lynel, O'Sullivan,

CordedWhelp
03-17-2022, 12:27 AM
They were not Ulster Scots, the Meade family was Anglo Irish, but also married into native Irish , dating back to around the 1400s AD.
Some Irish names on my tree: Downey, Campbell, Sculley, Meade , O'Hagan , Lynel, O'Sullivan,

Campbell is a Scottish name...otherwise I guess the rest are native Irish. Cool! I have an O’Callaghan down my tree (but by the time it hits me, I’m just like 1/16 Irish)

Ellethwyn
03-17-2022, 12:33 AM
I've never really done anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. :/

What are some good Irish recipes? I hate corned beef. I think i will celebrate this year with an Irish feast.

Anglo-Celtic
03-17-2022, 12:33 AM
I'll remember to wear my green shirt this year. The leprechauns made my life hell last year as punishment for forgetting.

Anglo-Celtic
03-17-2022, 12:36 AM

That's a forum myth. All four of my grandparents were descended from Protestant Irishmen (not Scots-Irish) who converted from Catholicism.

Ellethwyn
03-17-2022, 12:38 AM
I am looking at Irish recipes. I think I am going to make Colcannon https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/colcannon/, sausage, and fried cabbage.

Anglo-Celtic
03-17-2022, 12:56 AM
I've never really done anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. :/

What are some good Irish recipes? I hate corned beef. I think i will celebrate this year with an Irish feast.

I think that they used bacon rather than corned beef, which started in America. It's like how an English man wrote the lyrics to "Danny Boy".

Creoda
03-17-2022, 01:42 AM
My memories of St Patrick's Day are going to mass at St Patrick's Cathedral in the city most years, then the traditional picnic festival in the adjacent Fitzroy Gardens, watching boring Irish dancing for hours. That bit I don't miss. None of the plastic greenwashing of everything done in the US. Usually we have stew, but that's a regularity anyway.

SilverKnight
03-17-2022, 01:48 AM
Tomorrow we have a parade where I live. It's nice to take the kiddos out. It's not like other towns. There's no alcohol allowed and it's family friendly.

Aila
03-17-2022, 02:15 AM
Got 2 Irish origin ancestors. Both were enlisted into the Swedish army.
One traces his ancestry back to the Niall of the Nine Hostages, so I don’t know if I should celebrate St Patrick’s day since St Patrick was the one who escaped.

The other one deserted the army and fled into the back of the beyond woods in Karelia. Long story. We loved him dearly and still cherish his memory. He sired a very large family, I am proud to be a part of - we all are, have always been.

Richmondbread
03-17-2022, 02:45 AM
Campbell is a Scottish name...otherwise I guess the rest are native Irish. Cool! I have an O’Callaghan down my tree (but by the time it hits me, I’m just like 1/16 Irish)

Campbell has a Klan in Ireland too. It can be either.

SilverKnight
03-17-2022, 02:47 AM
I am looking at Irish recipes. I think I am going to make Colcannon https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/colcannon/, sausage, and fried cabbage.

Mmmm that looks effing delicious my friend.
Save me some <3 ^^ Send it by mail :b

Dick
03-17-2022, 02:52 AM
I remember years ago watching a live broadcast from a pub, City tv Toronto, and some guy yelled out “ fuck England”. I think that was the last live broadcast ever on St. paddy’s day from a pub

Anglo-Celtic
03-17-2022, 03:24 AM
Campbell has a Klan in Ireland too. It can be either.

They have a Klan? Do they were clan tartans with their white hoods?

Creoda
03-17-2022, 04:03 AM
They wear recycled Soup Cans.

Dinglehopper
03-17-2022, 04:26 AM
That not traditional holiday in Slovenia though man on my village use to sung an Irish song in St. Patrick day. His a song were very beautiful to hear. Himself car hit left earth by termination car impact, poor man.

Ellethwyn
03-17-2022, 08:28 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Last minute i made a vanilla cake with naturally dyed (spirulina + turmeric) green frosting, and topped it with red-flowering currant blossoms and bay leaves from my garden.

https://i.imgur.com/w7Kv89v.jpg

PlattitüdenPaule
03-17-2022, 08:35 PM
My favorite holiday next to Christmas (although Christmas is really a season and not just one day) . I love the Irish food, and it never leaves me constipated (unlike German dishes)

Pork in Cola sauce isnt a german dish you know?

Anglo-Celtic
03-17-2022, 09:25 PM
They wear recycled Soup Cans.

I want the clan to make peace with the McDonalds. Have a Big Mac with your Chicken Noodle.

Richmondbread
03-17-2022, 09:55 PM
My Grandfather was never in the Klan. He was in the White Citizens Council.

Anglo-Celtic
03-17-2022, 10:16 PM

Thanks for that. My dad was in the Moose Lodge.

Richmondbread
03-17-2022, 10:29 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Last minute i made a vanilla cake with naturally dyed (spirulina + turmeric) green frosting, and topped it with red-flowering currant blossoms and bay leaves from my garden.

Wow, you made that? That's neat. You are gifted.

Richmondbread
03-17-2022, 10:32 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Ellethwyn
03-17-2022, 10:49 PM

Thanks! I love baking.

BakersfieldChimp
03-17-2022, 10:53 PM
St Patrick's day was cool in college since it was a reason to binge drink. I still have friends who go out and celebrate it, but then they still binge drink. I have a conflict with two pubs tonight... I'm passing. Those at the first bar will think I am at the second and vice-versa.

Daco Celtic
03-17-2022, 11:19 PM
Many Irish are protestant. My colonial Irish ancestors were.

Yeah, they're called Scots.

NSXD60
03-17-2022, 11:28 PM

Yeah, my "We wuz kangz in sheets" joke musta been taken literally by some.

Ruggery
03-18-2022, 12:22 AM
I remember years ago watching a live broadcast from a pub, City tv Toronto, and some guy yelled out “ fuck England”. I think that was the last live broadcast ever on St. paddy’s day from a pub

That would have been fun to watch.

Richmondbread
03-18-2022, 01:12 AM

No they were Anglo Irish who married into Celtic families.

SangreAzul
03-18-2022, 05:35 AM
Here we love to celebrate in some areas. We embrace our celtic lineages and connection to irish. We are the same people after all.

I jus got back from bar and kissed beautiful lady eyes blue and brunnete hair. Gem.

Celestia
03-18-2022, 05:40 AM
We just went to a bar and left cause they were only playing Irish Jig music

Hoosierboy
03-18-2022, 06:28 AM
St Patrick's Day doesn't even feel like a holiday anymore. It's just another lame excuse for degenerate Americans to get drunk. Right up there with Cinco de Mayo. I'm sure St Patty is proud.

Incal
03-18-2022, 06:56 AM

lol

Richmondbread
03-18-2022, 06:58 AM
We just went to a bar and left cause they were only playing Irish Jig music

I love that kind of music. So many different Irish styles, but I like the bar songs and fiddle music, and the harp music too.

Aila
03-18-2022, 07:48 AM
Ok. time for a song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiGbUHlnx0A