PDA

View Full Version : Main types among these Turks?

placebo
02-13-2023, 07:47 PM
inspired by avicenna's lebanese thread :D video from istanbul that's why probably not all of them are turkish some of them maybe kurd, arab, bosnian, albanian etc. (guys in 2:00 and 4:00 most likely kurdish because diyarbakır and mardin is kurdish majority city)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5CGMmrfg9o

Hungarian_master
02-13-2023, 08:25 PM
The usual West Asian, Southern European & Central Asian mix.

Meds (Pontid, East Med, Cappadocian), Anatolids, Alpinids and Turanids.

I will make similar thread about the Hungarians.

placebo
02-13-2023, 08:43 PM

i totally agree

placebo
02-13-2023, 08:49 PM
the guy in 1:07 and the kurdish dude in 2:00 look like different from the others a bit imo +the guy in 4:14 he looks very turanid influenced

Tooting Carmen
02-13-2023, 08:57 PM

This.

placebo
02-13-2023, 09:29 PM
this video accurate for average imo btw. maybe there are also some more types.

and this guy is most average in this video imo.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/669669383567573001/1074819181402411018/image.png

clearly turkish looking face. pontid + alpine + turanid (maybe + some anatolid because we only see half of his face)

RogueState
02-13-2023, 10:02 PM
All of them mentioned a Western country or Japan.

Only one (ironically the most Turkic looking one) said a non-Western country and "Muslim" country : Iran

I was surprised none said a Turkic country, not even Azerbaijan

placebo
02-13-2023, 10:16 PM
All of them mentioned a Western country or Japan.

Only one (ironically the most Turkic looking one) said a non-Western country and "Muslim" country : Iran

I was surprised none said a Turkic country, not even Azerbaijan

we viewed azerbaijan as brother and as ours and for azeris thinks the same about turkey. it’s more than “country do you love most”. i think that’s why nobody mentioned azerbijan cuz nobody thinks azerbaijan is different country.

placebo
02-13-2023, 11:17 PM
bump

placebo
02-15-2023, 10:51 PM
bump

Odelia
02-16-2023, 12:35 AM
we viewed azerbaijan as brother and as ours and for azeris thinks the same about turkey. it’s more than “country do you love most”. i think that’s why nobody mentioned azerbijan cuz nobody thinks azerbaijan is different country.
What do you think of Iranians and kurds?

placebo
02-16-2023, 12:45 AM
What do you think of Iranians and kurds?

kurds in turkey is part of our people and about iranians i feel closer to them than any other populations in mena except azeris/kurds. there are some iranian influence in our culture and language, this is an undeniable fact. it started from central asia.

placebo
02-16-2023, 12:51 AM
kurds in turkey is part of our people and about iranians i feel closer to them than any other populations in mena except azeris/kurds. there are some iranian influence in our culture and language, this is an undeniable fact. it started from central asia.

btw that doesn't mean i find kurds especially iranians (especially after revolution) find similar to us. even kurds in southeast culturally still quite different than west (i'm not talking about kurds in the west), i have friends from southeast turkey in my university and they have minor culture shock.

azeris are most similar to us.

Odelia
02-16-2023, 12:53 AM
Agreed, coz to me, a turkish kurd is as Turkish as a Welsh or Scottish in the US is a typical white American (since the original stock was Irish and English). Kurdish turks a secondary group after native anatolians and turkic types but still a representative group under the Turkish peoples umbrella (not Turkic peoples mind you). Would i be wrong?

placebo
02-16-2023, 12:57 AM
Agreed, coz to me, a turkish kurd is as Turkish as a Welsh or Scottish in the US is a typical white American (since the original stock was Irish and English). Kurdish turks a secondary group after native anatolians and turkic types but still a representative group under the Turkish peoples umbrella (not Turkic peoples mind you). Would i be wrong?

yeah somewhat agree.

and there some kurdified turkmens or turkmen (i mean turkish not turkmenistani) + kurd mixes in southeast turkey. even some fully kurds have genetically minor turkish-like admixture for example hadouken. (that doesn't mean they are not kurdish they are still in kurdish genetic cluster)