PDA

View Full Version : Classify french woman

aherne
02-16-2023, 05:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/r0hF5_92-Ms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gD1k2AG8_U

She is the very essence of French look in the NW half of the country (from Lyon to Rennes)

Xacal
02-16-2023, 05:13 AM
North Atlantid + Alpine

Odelia
02-16-2023, 06:37 AM
Keltic Nordic and alpine

Marshall Theodore
02-16-2023, 08:06 AM
North Atlantid + Alpine

gixajo
02-16-2023, 08:46 AM
Oh...She is from Toulouse, South West France.

Not sure if she is 100% French or from anywhere... but well , let´s consider her as if she were 100% French.

https://www.francaisavecnelly.com/our-team

Gallop
02-16-2023, 09:01 AM
Aisto Nordid-Atlantid-Gracile Med

Monapps
02-16-2023, 10:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/r0hF5_92-Ms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gD1k2AG8_U

She is the very essence of French look in the NW half of the country (from Lyon to Rennes)

North Atlantid and Alpine.
Is Lyon NW?

gixajo
02-16-2023, 10:31 AM
Is Lyon NW?

No. It´s Center/Center- East (Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes).

Monapps
02-16-2023, 11:00 AM
No. It´s Center/Center- East (Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes).

It was a rhetorical question but thanks.
Although it is true that the East clusters with the North so makes sense grouping them together.
https://media.springernature.com/full/springer-static/image/art%3A10.1038%2Fs41431-020-0584-1/MediaObjects/41431_2020_584_Fig1_HTML.png?as=webp
The Loire frontier.

aherne
02-17-2023, 05:48 AM
Oh...She is from Toulouse, South West France.

Around 30% of people in Toulouse have her look compared to 50% in the villages nearby. In Lyon or Chartres it was something like 60-70%... Extremely typical throughout France

gixajo
02-17-2023, 06:41 AM
Around 30% of people in Toulouse have her look compared to 50% in the villages nearby. In Lyon or Chartres it was something like 60-70%... Extremely typical throughout France

Really? 60-70% in Chartres is dark haired&blue eyed? and 50% of the whole French population is so according to your observations?

Hektor12
02-17-2023, 09:20 AM
I see the strong Alpinid signs but she has a narrow face.

aherne
02-17-2023, 12:23 PM
Really? 60-70% in Chartres is dark haired&blue eyed? and 50% of the whole French population is so according to your observations?

I would say it is accurate: porcelain skin, medium-dark hair (never black), light brown / blue / gray eyes. Macron and his wife, or his opponent Le Pen (father and daughters) are typical representatives for around 60-70%, the rest being atypically dark or atypically blonde

aherne
02-17-2023, 12:28 PM
I would say it is accurate: porcelain skin, medium-dark hair (never black), light brown / blue / gray eyes. Macron and his wife, or his opponent Le Pen (father and daughters) are typical representatives for around 60-70%, the rest being atypically dark or atypically blonde

Children of Chartres:

https://www.ecoleguery.fr/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/BlogCM2.jpg

If you exclude obvious immigrants (1/3), the majority is blonde (or light brown) and predominantly light eyed.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MYPtKfvxPRc/TuTbRb6GntI/AAAAAAAAALo/DFM-TgRNvmo/s760/eisel%25C3%25A9%2B.jpg

same school, 6 years earlier, fewer immigrants, blondes in heavy majority. But, typical to ethnic French, their hair will darken and turn into the typical medium brown

gixajo
02-17-2023, 01:17 PM
Children of Chartres:

If you exclude obvious immigrants (1/3), the majority is blonde (or light brown) and predominantly light eyed.

same school, 6 years earlier, fewer immigrants, blondes in heavy majority. But, typical to ethnic French, their hair will darken and turn into the typical medium brown

Other than what you call "obvious immigrants", there is no way to tell which of the others are immigrants or not. Since there are also dark French, and also blonde immigrants.

aherne
02-17-2023, 02:41 PM
Other than what you call "obvious immigrants", there is no way to tell which of the others are immigrants or not. Since there are also dark French, and also blonde immigrants.

I think 90% of traditional European immigrants are significantly darker than the French:
- Italians: darker
- Iberians: darker
- Romanians: darker

Same as the French:
- Ukrainians
- Hungarians

Lighter, but not by much:
- Poles
- Russians

If you take a look at that random selection of children in Chartres, you can safely say they aren't much different from English or German children, only that few will remain blonde and none will remain platinum blonde.

reboun
02-17-2023, 02:43 PM
I think 90% of traditional European immigrants are significantly darker than the French:

Same as the French:
- Ukrainians
- Hungarians

- Poles
- Russians

If you take a look at that random selection of children in Chartres, you can safely say they aren't much different from English or German children, only that few will remain blonde and none will remain platinum blonde.

Ukrainians are lighter than French. I would say Ukrainians are on par with Poles.

Ketchup
09-04-2024, 01:59 AM
Ukrainians are lighter than French. I would say Ukrainians are on par with Poles.

Same as the French:
- Ukrainians
- Hungarians

- Poles
- Russians

Poles/Ukrainians are close to Iberians in pigmentation according to the studies. One of the studies is in this page, they have comparable averages for melanin index
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/ajpa.23737

Definitely lighter haired though.

French people are definitely lighter and one of the lightest ethnicities in Europe. They have high amounts of type I and type II skintones.

aherne
09-04-2024, 03:42 AM
French people are definitely lighter and one of the lightest ethnicities in Europe. They have high amounts of type I and type II skintones.

In terms of skin pigmentation, absolutely. In terms of hair pigmentation, they are more towards South Europeans though

Valenman
09-04-2024, 07:42 PM
Poles/Ukrainians are close to Iberians in pigmentation according to the studies. One of the studies is in this page, they have comparable averages for melanin index
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/ajpa.23737

Definitely lighter haired though.

False
https://i.postimg.cc/W3hpngvC/1560732621987.png
In this study French have more phontype 3,4 than another other ethnicity in Europe exept Spain(And this study is very debatable since others give a much higher percentage of Phototype 1 and 2 to Germans and Icelanders, for example or for example)
Also diferncese in Unexposed skin is absurd like 26 in Irish and 31 in south Italians
That is to say, the difference between the darkest and lightest Europeans is very small, so it is not a joke that the French will have noticeably lighter skin than the Poles, Germans or Spaniards.
Since Iberians have Idex of melanin between 28-30

Upsilander
09-04-2024, 07:49 PM
In this study French have more phontype 3,4 than another other ethnicity in Europe exept Spain

And more I and II than Finland, Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland and Belgium.

I doubt they also performed a dna test for their samples, so obviously blacks and NA should have been excluded, but not Italians and Iberians.

Valenman
09-04-2024, 07:58 PM
And more I and II than Finland, Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland and Belgium.

I doubt they also performed a dna test for their samples, so obviously blacks and NA should have been excluded, but not Italians and Iberians.

The GWAS Study only includes people who do not have any recent foreign ancestors, in fact they have excluded people for having a foreign great-great-grandparent.
In this study of phototypes I supposedly also only included native people, but perhaps with some recent foreign ancestors, although I don't think it would change things much.
In any case, in Study Gwas the difference between Europeans is absurd. Irish were 26 and Italians from the south were 31, that is, only 5 points. The difference is much more notable between the same population group. For example, the difference between lighter and darker Portuguese is 16. points the same with Irish, with Poles a little less only 13

In short, the average difference between French and Spanish should be like 0.5-1 melanin index at most.

Upsilander
09-04-2024, 08:16 PM
The GWAS Study only includes people who do not have any recent foreign ancestors, in fact they have excluded people for having a foreign great-great-grandparent.
In this study of phototypes I supposedly also only included native people, but perhaps with some recent foreign ancestors, although I don't think it would change things much.
In any case, in Study Gwas the difference between Europeans is absurd. Irish were 26 and Italians from the south were 31, that is, only 5 points. The difference is much more notable between the same population group. For example, the difference between lighter and darker Portuguese is 16. points the same with Irish, with Poles a little less only 13

You are talking about another study now. The GWAS study includes way more people than you claim, there were 146 Irish males and females alone. Italians were not from the south either but Rome, it's a midpoint. There is no reason it should be any other way for Italy or other countries.

Everybody repeats here and other forums that Irish have on average the lightest skins on earth, which might well be true. I don't really care, just find this pattern of pigmentation in the West interesting, but all of a sudden they discard the exact same datas for other countries. It's kind of weird isn't it.

Valenman
09-04-2024, 08:41 PM
You are talking about another study now. The GWAS study includes way more people than you claim, there were 146 Irish males and females alone. Italians were not from the south either but Rome, it's a midpoint. There is no reason it should be any other way for Italy or other countries.

Everybody repeats here and other forums that Irish have on average the lightest skins on earth, which might well be true. I don't really care, just find this pattern of pigmentation in the West interesting, but all of a sudden they discard the exact same datas for other countries. It's kind of weird isn't it.

I agree.
but in any case what I was trying to say is that the French of origin from Spain or Italy on AVERAGE do not have any notable difference in skin tone As Ketchup said, only hair and eye color.
Ps-You misunderstood me, I said that the lightest Portuguese had 22 melanin index and the darkest 38, that is, the difference of 16 melanin points, not that there were 16 people lol