PDA

View Full Version : The phenotypes present in Germany have been there for how long?

New brother
12-30-2023, 12:50 PM
Alpinid, Dinaric, Nordid, North Atlantid and others.

cmt160
12-30-2023, 01:33 PM
Since "forever". I think all those phenos have been there since before history was documented at all (iron age).

Roy
12-30-2023, 01:34 PM
For 2 millions of years. Dinarids were roaming around with Homo Erectus folk.

SocietyIslands
12-30-2023, 02:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmMjApmXkAE-SyA?format=jpg&name=small

New brother
12-30-2023, 02:20 PM
Didn't the Nordics come down from Scandinavia in pre-medieval times?

cmt160
12-30-2023, 03:33 PM
Didn't the Nordics come down from Scandinavia in pre-medieval times?

From Northern Germany/Frisia/Jutland if anything, and not just in pre-medieval times (i think ur refering to late antiquity when you said "pre-medieval") but also during the iron age (republican era rome times more or less) when the germanics (Baiuvarii/Alemanni/Marcomanni, which were already in Germania by the time Caesar invaded Gaul and even helped him defeat the celts/gauls in northern-eastern Gaul iirc) replaced the native celts in what is modern southern Germany (Bavaria & Baden-Württemberg).

Tho I think it even existed there (in southern Germany) since before the germanic tribes settled the place from the north. The nordid pheno I mean, among the native continental celts of what was southern Germany/Austria. Remember that celts and germanics both originated from the same source (Unetice culture), even slavs did originate from those).

And well Northern Germany/Frisia was always germanic land, there were no celts there, not even bell beakers which are the main "autosomal ancestors" of the celts. It was always purely corded ware territory unlike Holland/southern lowlands and the rhineland, which was infact bell beaker territory before the Unetice expanded into all directions, bringing protoceltic/protogermanic languages and to some albeit small degree, genetics.

Unetice migration is the reason why the battle axe (cwc) aka NORDIC BRONZE AGE ended and morphed into proto-germanic aka NORDIC IRON AGE. And why the "hallstatt" nordid type (iron age nordid) replaced the "corded" nordid type (bronze age nordid).

cmt160
12-30-2023, 03:48 PM
Actually the reason why modern bavarians dont cluster the same as their ancient ancestors from whom they took their name from (and descend mostly as well) isnt because of pre-roman actual celtic admixture on itself but because of imperial roman admixture (either italic or romanized celt). They're actually like 70% OG germanic Baiuvarii and 30% imperial roman/"romanized celt" genetically.

Ancient bavarians (Baiuvarii) were basically the same as modern northen germans/frisians/scandinavians and their closest living population are the dutch followed by the danish.
Ancient Badener Württembergers (Alemanni) were also practically the same as the baiuvarii and their closest living population are bergen norwegians followed by the danish as well.

The whole southern germans (bavarians/austrians) being celtic thing is a myth spread by misinformed people in anthropology/history/political sites and its a shame that people still buy it.

New brother
12-30-2023, 05:47 PM
Where did the North Atlantids and Dinarids originate?

Oliver109
12-30-2023, 07:25 PM
I think brunns were the first in Germany and faelids followed by borrebies and then alpines

Nationofsymbol
12-30-2023, 11:30 PM
From Northern Germany/Frisia/Jutland if anything, and not just in pre-medieval times (i think ur refering to late antiquity when you said "pre-medieval") but also during the iron age (republican era rome times more or less) when the germanics (Baiuvarii/Alemanni/Marcomanni, which were already in Germania by the time Caesar invaded Gaul and even helped him defeat the celts/gauls in northern-eastern Gaul iirc) replaced the native celts in what is modern southern Germany (Bavaria & Baden-Württemberg).

Tho I think it even existed there (in southern Germany) since before the germanic tribes settled the place from the north. The nordid pheno I mean, among the native continental celts of what was southern Germany/Austria. Remember that celts and germanics both originated from the same source (Unetice culture), even slavs did originate from those).

And well Northern Germany/Frisia was always germanic land, there were no celts there, not even bell beakers which are the main "autosomal ancestors" of the celts. It was always purely corded ware territory unlike Holland/southern lowlands and the rhineland, which was infact bell beaker territory before the Unetice expanded into all directions, bringing protoceltic/protogermanic languages and to some albeit small degree, genetics.

Unetice migration is the reason why the battle axe (cwc) aka NORDIC BRONZE AGE ended and morphed into proto-germanic aka NORDIC IRON AGE. And why the "hallstatt" nordid type (iron age nordid) replaced the "corded" nordid type (bronze age nordid).

Nah, germanics never came from unetice culture, germanic and celts have a separate origin, germanics from corded ware or nordic bronze age and celts from hallstatt or unetice

Nationofsymbol
12-30-2023, 11:34 PM

Also, nordic bronze age skulls are the same as late iron Age scandanvian skulls what are you on about lmao I have craniometry data and you legit don't, unetice never expanded into scandanvia or ended the Nordic bronze age, Nordic bronze age simply ended due to the bronze age collapse in mediterranean resulting in cessation of their bronze age goods since Nordic bronze age people made closest trade partners with Minoan creates and macyneans what ever you said is pseudoscience only upheld by coon