PDA

View Full Version : Classify dark girl from Donegal Ireland

Oliver109
05-16-2024, 01:50 AM
Has an Irish name though i don't have her family tree, this look is seen not infrequently in Northern Ireland
https://scontent-lhr8-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/37361127_2273585366001842_1336548085408464896_n.jp g?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=rJ25VvepP_wQ7kNvgFHXY_2&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2.xx&oh=00_AYAe44Jt8-ff_hHutFMzvZX6-tamdrTqYinSubtYlRKucw&oe=666CD607

Xacal
05-16-2024, 02:39 AM
Alpine-Med

Grace O'Malley
05-16-2024, 02:44 AM
Has an Irish name though i don't have her family tree, this look is seen not infrequently in Northern Ireland
https://scontent-lhr8-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/37361127_2273585366001842_1336548085408464896_n.jp g?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=rJ25VvepP_wQ7kNvgFHXY_2&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2.xx&oh=00_AYAe44Jt8-ff_hHutFMzvZX6-tamdrTqYinSubtYlRKucw&oe=666CD607

I can believe that she is fully Irish. I know some Irish with those type of looks. Some to them have a kind of pseudo-Asian look. She's very pretty. She has quite dark looking skin but I don't know if that is due to the lighting.

However I do find there a far more exotic types in other European populations than the Irish. You could focus on the English as you live there.

Sovanz
05-16-2024, 02:48 AM
I can believe that she is fully Irish. I know some Irish with those type of looks. Some to them have a kind of pseudo-Asian look. She's very pretty. She has quite dark looking skin but I don't know if that is due to the lighting.

However I do find there a far more exotic types in other European populations than the Irish. You could focus on the English as you live there.

She looks Iberian , I would've assumed Portuguese first than Irish.

Anglo-Celtic
05-16-2024, 02:56 AM

I found a member of my tribe. I envy those eyebrows!

Grace O'Malley
05-16-2024, 02:59 AM
I found a member of my tribe. I envy those eyebrows!

Irish eyebrows. :)

Anglo-Celtic
05-16-2024, 03:07 AM
Irish eyebrows. :)

I had thicker ones in the past. Hyperthyroidism trimmed them since then.

NSXD60
05-16-2024, 03:17 AM
Colleen Farrella, la bella

Guthrie
05-16-2024, 04:24 AM
Gracile Med, my first guess would've been Iberian. This is another black Irish, but with a darker skin than most of them who have dark eyes and hair, but still a pale skin, like Colin Farrell and Sean Connery (even if he's not Irish).

alnortedelsur
05-16-2024, 05:44 AM
She is very pretty.

Oliver109
05-16-2024, 07:59 AM

Thanks Grace, I don't wanna post many dark English as there are too many foreigners here, even 50 years ago there were Jews, Italians etc living here though I do occasionally post darker English sometimes.

Grace O'Malley
05-16-2024, 09:01 AM
Thanks Grace, I don't wanna post many dark English as there are too many foreigners here, even 50 years ago there were Jews, Italians etc living here though I do occasionally post darker English sometimes.

Well you can't be sure that the one you claim are Irish are fully Irish? There are darker people in all populations but some of the ones you post you have no way of knowing their background and Ireland now has a lot of immigrants. There are plenty of Irish now with some immigrant background so I don't see why that should stop you posting English or another nationality. There are immigrants everywhere in Ireland now and even in places like Donegal but there are definitely Irish that are atypical and fully Irish but some of the ones you have posted do look like they have some foreign ancestry as well. If someone looks different than the average it could be also that they have some foreign ancestry. Ireland now have 22% of the population not born in Ireland.

https://150494900.v2.pressablecdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/Immigratns-in-the-EU.png

I don't mind posting exotic Irish if I know for sure they are Irish but posting especially pictures of schools would not suggest that all students are Irish by any stretch.

Oliver109
05-16-2024, 09:11 AM
Well you can't be sure that the one you claim are Irish are fully Irish? There are darker people in all populations but some of the ones you post you have no way of knowing their background and Ireland now has a lot of immigrants. There are plenty of Irish now with some immigrant background so I don't see why that should stop you posting English or another nationality. There are immigrants everywhere in Ireland now and even in places like Donegal but there are definitely Irish that are atypical and fully Irish but some of the ones you have posted do look like they have some foreign ancestry as well. If someone looks different than the average it could be also that they have some foreign ancestry. Ireland now have 22% of the population not born in Ireland.

https://150494900.v2.pressablecdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/Immigratns-in-the-EU.png

I don't mind posting exotic Irish if I know for sure they are Irish but posting especially pictures of schools would not suggest that all students are Irish by any stretch.

Well if someone has a name like ahem Grace O'Malley they are likely fully Irish as when they were born in Ireland there were far less immigrants living there, Ireland didn't until the last 2 decades really have more foreigners moving in while England especially has seen considerable migration since the 19th century with Jews etc coming over and even Anglo Indians and Italians setting up cafes and restaurants all over the country.

Valenman
05-16-2024, 09:17 AM

I know it has nothing to do with the topic, but were you born in Ireland and immigrated to Australia or were it your parents/grandparents who immigrated?

Grace O'Malley
05-16-2024, 09:22 AM
Well if someone has a name like ahem Grace O'Malley they are likely fully Irish as when they were born in Ireland there were far less immigrants living there, Ireland didn't until the last 2 decades really have more foreigners moving in while England especially has seen considerable migration since the 19th century with Jews etc coming over and even Anglo Indians and Italians setting up cafes and restaurants all over the country.

There is no guarantee that someone with a very Irish sounding name is fully Irish anymore. I know a half Thai half Irish girl who has a very Irish first name and surname. You are just using excuses.

Grace O'Malley
05-16-2024, 09:29 AM
I know it has nothing to do with the topic, but were you born in Ireland and immigrated to Australia or were it your parents/grandparents who immigrated?

I was born in Ireland but went to Australia as a child but went back and forth a few times with family so feel connected to both countries. Irish is my ethnicity so as far as genetics and what people look like more Irish related as Australian is not a ethnicity and people can be from anywhere so I was always interested in the genetics of the Irish and what that involved. When I first got interested in genetics I was actually surprised to learn that the Irish cluster with the English due to the Irish being this apparently Celtic population and the English Anglo-Saxons. I know a lot about the genetics now. :)

Oliver109
05-16-2024, 09:33 AM
There is no guarantee that someone with a very Irish sounding name is fully Irish anymore. I know a half Thai half Irish girl who has a very Irish first name and surname. You are just using excuses.

Of course there are Thais etc but they make up a small amount of people in Ireland so i doubt most of the dark Irish with Irish names i post are half Thai or Japanese etc.

Grace O'Malley
05-16-2024, 09:46 AM
Of course there are Thais etc but they make up a small amount of people in Ireland so i doubt most of the dark Irish with Irish names i post are half Thai or Japanese etc.

Well you posted some man with the first name of Florian which I'm positive would mean they were not fully Irish. He looked Romanian but you were posting him as fully Irish because he had an Irish surname. My point is that you can still post darker English people. They all aren't foreign. There are plenty of them for you to post if you wanted to.

I just feel you are trying to other the Irish or exoticize them.

Oliver109
05-16-2024, 09:50 AM
Well you posted some man with the first name of Florian which I'm positive would mean they were not fully Irish. He looked Romanian but you were posting him as fully Irish because he had an Irish surname. My point is that you can still post darker English people. They all aren't foreign. There are plenty of them for you to post if you wanted to.

I think the man was in his 30s so the chance of him having Romanian heritage is really small as most Romanians moved to Ireland only 15 years ago.

Grace O'Malley
05-16-2024, 09:52 AM

She is Australian but I was just giving her as an example of someone with a very Irish name that was half Thai. I knew in Ireland 2 girls whose mother was a French Egyptian and an Irish father who also have very Irish names. It's not that uncommon as you make it to be and will be a lot more common these days.

Grace O'Malley
05-16-2024, 09:56 AM
I think the man was in his 30s so the chance of him having Romanian heritage is really small as most Romanians moved to Ireland only 15 years ago.

I would bet he is half Romanian without a doubt. There are even Irish people with grandparents and great grandparents that are from places like Cyprus, Italy, Greece etc. There has always been some immigration to Ireland even if it was lower numbers and someone in their 30s with an non-Irish parent would not be unusual at all. That man definitely was not fully Irish.

There was even men like Paul McGrath who had a Nigerian father and he was born in 1959 and there are plenty of Irish people from the past who have some foreign ancestry like Linda Martin who was born in 1952 and her paternal great-grandfather Francis Martini was born in Dublin to immigrants from Saronno, north of Milan, Italy. There's most probably plenty of Irish with some foreign ancestry. Your logic is faulty.

Oliver109
05-16-2024, 10:25 AM
I would bet he is half Romanian without a doubt. There are even Irish people with grandparents and great grandparents that are from places like Cyprus, Italy, Greece etc. There has always been some immigration to Ireland even if it was lower numbers and someone in their 30s with an non-Irish parent would not be unusual at all. That man definitely was not fully Irish.

There was even men like Paul McGrath who had a Nigerian father and he was born in 1959 and there are plenty of Irish people from the past who have some foreign ancestry like Linda Martin who was born in 1952 and her paternal great-grandfather Francis Martini was born in Dublin to immigrants from Saronno, north of Milan, Italy. There's most probably plenty of Irish with some foreign ancestry. Your logic is faulty.

I looked up his ancestry and didn't see any Romanians in his family, he didn't even look that unirish really after all you have people like the Coors, Susan Boyle who could pass in eastern Europe.

Grace O'Malley
05-16-2024, 12:23 PM
I looked up his ancestry and didn't see any Romanians in his family, he didn't even look that unirish really after all you have people like the Coors, Susan Boyle who could pass in eastern Europe.

The Corrs not the Coors. You should get the name correct. You and Cristiano viejo are the only ones who keep calling the Corrs the Coors. Yes he did look Romanian and not Irish. Anyway we've discussed enough. I've made my views known and we just go around in circles.

dviz
05-16-2024, 02:52 PM

Florian is rarely used as a first name in Romania. Florian is much more popular in Germany and Austria.
The Romanian equivalent is Florin.

That said, when Florian is used as a family name, the person is likely Romanian.