PDA

View Full Version : Macedonian player, classify

Guapo
05-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Martin Bogatinov

http://greece.greekreporter.com/files/macedonia.png
http://donbass.ua/multimedia/images/news/original/2011/01/14/martin-bogatinov.jpg
http://macedonianfootball.com/images/stories/Martin%20Bogatinov%20interview%20controversy.jpg

Europa
05-18-2012, 01:14 AM
Ponto Alpinoid.
Last name ending on -ov...? BG roots...

GeistFaust
05-18-2012, 01:29 AM
Nordid with some strong to standard Borreby influences, and then there are additional Norid influences.

aherne
05-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Looks Czech (alpine + baltid + aryan). Rare typology among Bulgarians...

Vojnik
05-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Ponto Alpinoid.
Last name ending on -ov...? BG roots...

Macedonians have surnames ending with 'ov' as well, why does it mean that he has Bulgarian roots? My surname ends with 'evski', Macedonian surnames generally end with 'ov', 'ev', 'evski', 'ovski' and sometimes with just 'ski', does that make them all Bulgarian as well? :coffee:

Martin Bogatinov would be Nordid+Pontid.

poiuytrewq0987
05-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Macedonians have surnames ending with 'ov' as well, why does it mean that he has Bulgarian roots? My surname ends with 'evski', does that make it Bulgarian as well? :coffee:

Martin Bogatinov would be Nordid+Pontid.

There are also Bulgarians with surnames ending of "ski" but I don't think they are Polish. ;) Ov and ski surname endings are common in both Bulgaria and Macedonia with "ski" more common in Macedonia even though there are lots of Macedonians carrying "ov" ending. The "ov" ending doesn't exist in Serbia, Croatia or Slovenia so the only logical conclusion is the ending is Bulgarian by origin since it is widespread in Bulgaria. :coffee: Myself I have a "ovski" ending with the latter "ski" probably added post WW2.

Vojnik
05-18-2012, 01:31 PM
As I mentioned, my surname ends with 'evski', but my oldest know surname on my paternal side ended with 'ov', it was Filipov, which means I had a great great etc grandfather with the name Filip, which gave my family the name Filipov. That is how most Macedonians come up with surnames, they get the first name of a distant ancestor and just add ov, ev, ski etc. And then the kingdom of Yugoslavia took power over Macedonia in 1918, which resulted in Macedonians having to change their last names to sound more Serbian, so, Filipov became Filipovic. And then sometime after 1943 My family surname was changed again and then again which brings me to my current surname that I won't mention.

Vojnik
05-18-2012, 01:39 PM
This is how Macedonian names are formed, for example. Bogatinov, 'Богат' (bogat) means rich in Macedonian, so one of Martin Bogatinov's distant ancestor probably would of been rich.

Midori
05-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Sub-Nordid

morski
05-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Usually(but not always) in Bulgarian "ski" denotes origin from a a particular place, i.e. Makedoniya - Makedonski, Skopie - Skopski, Tarnovo - Tarnovski.

While studying at the Valley Forge Military Academy and College in the United States Simeon II was known as "Cadet Rilski" ( from Rila mountain). His surname in Bulgaria is Sakskoburggotski - from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

My nickname here is morski - someone from the Sea (area), more in Bulagrian.:D

poiuytrewq0987
05-18-2012, 01:53 PM
This is how Macedonian names are formed, for example. Bogatinov, 'Богат' (bogat) means rich in Macedonian, so one of Martin Bogatinov's distant ancestor probably would of been rich.

I am pretty sure the majority of Macedonian surnames are named after their father or grandfather. My current surname is named after my great grandfather with an ovski ending. Before my current surname it was Nikolovski, obviously named after some great, great, great idk grandfather named Nikola. Nikolovski was changed by my dad's brother or my uncle to its current form.

Vojnik
05-18-2012, 02:16 PM
I am pretty sure the majority of Macedonian surnames are named after their father or grandfather

Yeah, as I mentioned here.

That is how most Macedonians come up with surnames, they get the first name of a distant ancestor and just add ov, ev, ski etc.

But sometimes you see Macedonian last names that don't begin with a first name, Bogatinov for instance (unless 'bogatin' is a given first name). Some people have surnames that derive from the nickname of a certain ancestor, for example, 'lazev/ski', 'лажи' (lazhi) means to lie, so that means that persons ancestor was well known for lying, he was a lyer, "абре тој Димче, многу лажеше" :D. In the region I am from every family had a 'прекар' (prekar), like a nikname, which some people still keep within their surname to this day.

Queen B
05-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Grouios - Gruevski :lol:

morski
05-18-2012, 03:33 PM

Georgios Papandreou - Георги Попандреев
Ioannis Paraskevopoulos - Иван Парашкевоградски
Stylianos Mavromichalis - Стилян Мавромихалев

It's easy.:D:D:D

Queen B
05-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Georgios Papandreou - Георги Попандреев
Ioannis Paraskevopoulos - Иван Парашкевоградски
Stylianos Mavromichalis - Стилян Мавромихалев

It's easy.:D:D:D

No, not that easy

Georgios Papandreou -> Papandreouvski
Ioannis Paraskevopoulos -> Paraskevopoulovski
Stylianos Mavromichalis -> Mavromichalovski

:coffee:

Vojnik
05-18-2012, 03:49 PM

And before the it was Hellenized to Grouios, it was probably Gruev. ;)

Queen B
05-18-2012, 04:11 PM
And before the it was Hellenized to Grouios, it was probably Gruev. ;)

Probably he was Gruev, yeah.

So Greuvski is a Bulgarian, where his grandfather died for Greece and he is a proud Fyromski :lol:

morski
05-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Константин Христов Саровски - Κωνσταντίνος Χρήστου

Вангел Георгиев Начев - Ευάγγελος Νάτσης Γεωργίου

Лазар Апостолов - Λάζαρος (Λάζος) Αποστολίδης

Никола (Лаки) Дельо - Νικόλαος (Λάκης) Νταηλάκης

Стоян Цицов - Στέφος Τσίτσου

Исидор Сидеров - Ισίδωρος Σιδέρης

Ставро Кочев - Σταύρος Κωτσόπουλος

Григор Войнов - Γρηγόριος Βαϊνάς

Христо Панайотов Малечкио - Χρήστος Παναγιωτίδης, Μαλέτσ(ι)κος

Трайко Браянов - Τραϊανός (Τράικος) Μπραγιάννης

All of the above are known Bulgarophone Andartes, bought by the phanariot clergy to join the armed Greek propaganda in Macedonia.

It goes both ways, you know... ;)

Vojnik
05-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Probably he was Gruev, yeah.

So Greuvski is a Bulgarian, where his grandfather died for Greece and he is a proud Fyromski :lol:

afkaristo. :coffee: ti kanis kala

Queen B
05-18-2012, 04:17 PM
afkaristo. :coffee: ti kanis kala

Its ''Efharisto, ti kaneis ? Kala?

Oh ~ I ll be your Greek teacher now?

Vojnik
05-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Its ''Efharisto, ti kaneis ? Kala?

Dandelion, I have family Members that identify as Greek and speak Greek, but they know and I know they aren't actually Greeks, but Macedonians.

Ela tho re malaka.

Vojnik
05-18-2012, 04:22 PM

That turned me on abit actually. ;)

poiuytrewq0987
05-18-2012, 04:29 PM

:clap:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XbyAhEKjA2U/TUZtXHpW0pI/AAAAAAAABRU/3iYKx0582pQ/s400/hot%2520teacher.jpg

:D

Arne
05-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Non-Albanian Look.

Vojnik
05-18-2012, 04:34 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XbyAhEKjA2U/TUZtXHpW0pI/AAAAAAAABRU/3iYKx0582pQ/s400/hot%2520teacher.jpg

Yesssss, that will do just fine. LOL

Queen B
05-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Константин Христов Саровски - Κωνσταντίνος Χρήστου

Вангел Георгиев Начев - Ευάγγελος Νάτσης Γεωργίου

Лазар Апостолов - Λάζαρος (Λάζος) Αποστολίδης

Никола (Лаки) Дельо - Νικόλαος (Λάκης) Νταηλάκης

Стоян Цицов - Στέφος Τσίτσου

Исидор Сидеров - Ισίδωρος Σιδέρης

Ставро Кочев - Σταύρος Κωτσόπουλος

Григор Войнов - Γρηγόριος Βαϊνάς

Христо Панайотов Малечкио - Χρήστος Παναγιωτίδης, Μαλέτσ(ι)κος

Трайко Браянов - Τραϊανός (Τράικος) Μπραγιάννης

It goes both ways, you know... ;)

I m pretty sure Isidoros, Stavros ,Vagelis, Sideris , Apostolos, Panagiotis, Grigoris, Christos are very originally Bulgarian names that were translated into Greek :coffee:

Queen B
05-18-2012, 06:21 PM

I have darker hair , more thin/long face and fuller lips :tongue

morski
05-18-2012, 11:31 PM
I m pretty sure Isidoros, Stavros ,Vagelis, Sideris , Apostolos, Panagiotis, Grigoris, Christos are very originally Bulgarian names that were translated into Greek :coffee:

Oh, come on! For half a millenia we were all Eastern Orthodox Romans. Half of the most popular Bulgarian names are of Graeco-Palestinian origin. :shrug::D

Those particular fellows are really very well known to have been from Bulgarophone families...

Crn Volk
05-21-2012, 12:32 AM
I have darker hair , more thin/long face and fuller lips :tongue

When does class commence? :)

Breedingvariety
05-21-2012, 12:41 AM
Nordid. Or Sub-Nordid, what basically means less masculine Nordid.

Lemon Kush
03-07-2013, 04:41 AM
Nordid + Borreby.

Sisak
03-07-2013, 08:49 AM
He looks Baltid.