PDA

View Full Version : Classify the Brazilian lead singer of Sepultura: Max Cavalera

Gospodine
07-10-2012, 01:41 PM
He's of definite European ancestry on his father's side (Italian-born Brazilian), although his mother I'm not sure about, she looks somewhat Amerindian:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAK3raoY9nk#t=02m04s

http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_1080/MI0003/315/MI0003315755.jpg?partner=allrovi.com
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7234/7261408062_19124cc120_o.jpg
http://imagebox.cz.osobnosti.cz/foto/max-cavalera/O283579-bb354.jpg
http://img.youtube.com/vi/n_QWGKsxLuk/0.jpg
http://www.rockharder.com/images/image%20gallery/2003bands_other/intervjuer/images/max%20cavalera.jpg
http://www.torrentsland.com/upload/preview/images/music/8/2/4/2636be56c4b24deb4468d68acd6a58f0.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3045/2751144929_3ee54c45b6.jpg

Younger Days:
(Front Left)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VdaE6U6YzEM/TPEzrtIRtCI/AAAAAAAAAlE/PqEFDCpSbgQ/s1600/Sepultura.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls24kaqGHK1qi2y6ko1_500.jpg

Skrondsze
07-10-2012, 01:57 PM
The guy is predominantly alpine. No amerindian. He is almost textbook alpine.

Apina
07-10-2012, 02:32 PM
He looks very (Northern) Italian. His mother looks more Portuguese than anything else.

Smaug
07-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Ohhh that again... the bloody "Amerindian" paranoia...
Anyways, I agree, he looks Italian. What do you think? Alpino-Mediterranean?

kvarc
07-10-2012, 02:45 PM
i think he has a bit off south american genes

Midori
07-10-2012, 02:50 PM
He looks off-white, like many other ''white'' Brazilians.

Gospodine
07-10-2012, 02:53 PM
What do you think? Alpino-Mediterranean?

Something like that.

He looks white as can be. He has a brother who is also part of Sepultura, Igor Cavalera:

http://www.monstersandcritics.de/downloads/downloads/people/Igor_Cavalera/images/cavaleraconspiracyiggorfebruary20081.jpg
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3044/2595095742_5988331c88_o.jpg

Han Cholo
07-10-2012, 03:11 PM
He is white. Brazilians have no Amerindian influence. If a Brazilian looks white, or you think he's white and looks a bit off, it's likely he's still white.

Amerindian influence is 0 in Brazilians and when a Brazilian is mixed it's mixed with Black. Black traits can be easily seen at even 10%.

Midori
07-10-2012, 03:14 PM
He is white. Brazilians have no Amerindian influence. If a Brazilian looks white, or you think he's white and looks a bit off, it's likely he's still white.

Amerindian influence is 0 in Brazilians and when a Brazilian is mixed it's mixed with Black. Black traits can be easily seen at even 10%.

I thought most Brazilians are triracial :confused2:

Han Cholo
07-10-2012, 03:17 PM
I thought most Brazilians are triracial :confused2:

No, most Brazilians are white and the second category is pred-Euro mulatto. Then there are the Black brazilians.

Amerindians are the Latin Americans with less Amerindian influence, only present in the North-East (and even there it usually lower than African)

Gospodine
07-10-2012, 03:20 PM

It does heavily favour socioeconomic status though right?

Most of the favella-dwellers seem to be blacks or mulattos.

Midori
07-10-2012, 03:21 PM
No, most Brazilians are white

Nigga you serious? :coffee: White people are rare to find in Brazil unless you're in certain parts of the south like Rio Grande do Sul.

Han Cholo
07-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Nigga you serious? :coffee: White people are rare to find in Brazil unless you're in certain parts of the south like Rio Grande do Sul.

Not really. Some Brazilian friends of mine can even pass as Finns or Swedes.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/550606_10150812981532601_1569694128_n.jpg

Siberyak
07-10-2012, 03:28 PM

According to our Brazilian poster whites are 25%. That's not to much but its significant. Considering Brazil has 192 million people.

Apina
07-10-2012, 03:42 PM
I agree with Pigeon. The most "White" Brazilians are in Rio Grande do Sul (mainly due to mass recent European immigration). But the majority are mixed. Check out this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Brazilian#Genetic_research

The chart is particular interesting - it includes data from Rio, Rio Grande do Sul and from Ceará (Northeastern Brazil).

PerpetualBurn
07-10-2012, 03:53 PM
the socio-economic problems in Brazil are from mixing with Negroids. Virtually all of the slums are filled with Mongrels with varying degrees of Negroid, Amerindian and Europid. Brazil is a very mixed place, it's not uncommon to have tri-racial mutts there.

hipaware
07-10-2012, 03:53 PM
According to our Brazilian poster whites are 25%. That's not to much but its significant. Considering Brazil has 192 million people.

Thats of full European ancestry. Another 20% are Off Whites with slight SSA or Amerinian influence, who would just be considered White by most people.

Smaug
07-10-2012, 04:09 PM
I have never read so many... "wrong things" towards Brazil. But ok, let's go:

Are there whites in Brazil?

Yes. Brazil recieved 5 million immigrants in the late 19th century and early 20th century. People who say the contrary are ignorant towards the subject or just blind. I don't blame them. Brazil has a terrible stereotype...

Is Brazil mostly white?

Absolutely not! White Brazilians are something about 30%-35% of the population. The Brazilian population is about 192 million people, so Whites are about 60 million people, what, as I said in other post, is more than most of European countries.

Is Rio Grande do Sul the only "white state" in Brazil?

No. I don't know why people think that. Actually this is a matter of some discussion among White Brazilians, who think the whites in Rio Grande do Sul are arrogant.
There are four "white states" in Brazil: São Paulo, Paraná, Santa Cataria and Rio Grande do Sul. São Paulo is the only white state outside Southern Brazil (it is in Southeastern Brazil), and the others are in the South Region.
São Paulo is known for it's huge Italian and also Portuguese communities. Paraná is home to a large Eastern European community. And Rio Grande do Sul and Santa Catarina have a large German-Brazilian population. But you still can find these whites (and many others, like Scandinavians, British...) spread throughout these four states.
You have also a considerable white community in Espirito Santo and Minas Gerais, that are also in Southeastern BRazil.

Gospodine
07-10-2012, 04:19 PM
So what about Belo Horizonte where Max is from?

Pallantides
07-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Absolutely not! White Brazilians are something about 30%-35% of the population. The Brazilian population is about 192 million people, so Whites are about 60 million people, what, as I said in other post, is more than most of European countries.

Most European countries are at least 80% White/European.

Han Cholo
07-10-2012, 04:30 PM
So what about Belo Horizonte where Max is from?

Belo Horizonte is the capital of Minas Gerais.

Han Cholo
07-10-2012, 04:31 PM

Most European countries have at least less than 50 million inhabitants.

Apina
07-10-2012, 04:32 PM
He's saying that the population of White Brazilians is more than most European countries. I also believe I read something like Brazil has more 'Italians' than Italy xD

Anyway, I believe the further South you go in Brazil, the 'Whiter' it gets. In the North, that was the centre of the sugar trade (I believe it was the first and most prominent place the slave trade took place), and tends to have more African influence.

Smaug
07-10-2012, 04:45 PM

Bloody Hell, I was talking about the absolute population and not about percentage. 60 million White Brazilians is 12x the Norwegian population for example.

He's saying that the population of White Brazilians is more than most European countries. I also believe I read something like Brazil has more 'Italians' than Italy xD

Anyway, I believe the further South you go in Brazil, the 'Whiter' it gets. In the North, that was the centre of the sugar trade (I believe it was the first and most prominent place the slave trade took place), and tends to have more African influence.

Well it is not that simple. Some parts of Southern states are mostly pardo...
And yes, Brazil has a gigantic Italian community, and I can say that I am proud to have Italian blood!

Pallantides
07-10-2012, 04:48 PM
I thought you were referring to percentages...

yep there are also more "Norwegians"(Norwegian-Americans) in The US than there are here.

Gospodine
07-10-2012, 04:55 PM
What about Argentina though?

It has a huge number of Germans/Italians/Eastern Europeans as well.

Midori
07-10-2012, 04:58 PM

The whiteness of Argentina is exaggerated. They have MANY mestizos there.

Siberyak
07-10-2012, 04:59 PM
I thought you were referring to percentages...

yep there are also more "Norwegians"(Norwegian-Americans) in The US than there are here.

You sure about that? I thought Minnesota was the only state that had significant Norwegian ancestry?

Han Cholo
07-10-2012, 04:59 PM

Argentina looks more like Chile or Mexico than like Germany or Italy. They're still somehow noticeably lighter than both, though.

However, they appear far whiter than a Brazilian crowd because they have Amerindian influence instead of African.

Smaug
07-10-2012, 05:00 PM

Yes.

The whiteness of Argentina is exaggerated. They have MANY mestizos there.

You are absolutely right.

Pallantides
07-10-2012, 05:03 PM
You sure about that?

No...

I thought there were more people with Norwegian ancestry than there are Norwegians in Norway, but I see now according to wikipedia it's just 4.5 million , which is about the same as us I think (our population is roughly 5 million, but not all of them are ethnic Norwegians)

In total about half a million Norwegians emigrated to the US(and for a small country like ours that was rather significant)

Siberyak
07-10-2012, 05:04 PM
What about Uruguay?

Siberyak
07-10-2012, 05:05 PM
No...

I thought there were more people with Norwegian ancestry than there are Norwegians in Norway, but I see now according to wikipedia it's just 4.5 million , which is about the same as us I think (our population is 5 million, but not all of them are ethnic Norwegians)

I know in Northern Minnesota and Wisconsin tons of people have Norwegian last names...

Midori
07-10-2012, 05:05 PM
What about Uruguay?

Uruguay is definitely whiter than Argentina.

Han Cholo
07-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Uruguay is definitely whiter than Argentina.

Not really...

StonyArabia
07-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Levantines/Arabs are considered Whites there lol.

Midori
07-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Not really...

I think there aren't so many mestizos there, but I could be wrong.

Han Cholo
07-10-2012, 05:08 PM

There's quite a lot of Mestizos there, and even mulattos (and even blacks). The only Uruguayan I've met in real life could pass as a Haitian.

Siberyak
07-10-2012, 05:10 PM

Ask Perduellio. He has been there. I can't answer this question because I have been there.

Midori
07-10-2012, 05:11 PM
There's quite a lot of Mestizos there, and even mulattos (and even blacks). The only Uruguayan I've met in real life could pass as a Haitian.

So wikipedia is wrong again. :coffee:

Ethnic groups 88% White
8% Mestizo
4% Black
<1% Amerindian[1

Han Cholo
07-10-2012, 05:11 PM

Ethnic groups 88% White
8% Mestizo
4% Black
<1% Amerindian[1

Wikipedia is always wrong in Latin America. Check out Costa Rica, Puerto Rico and Chile stats and they are always wrong.

Besides those "Mestizo" "White" ethnic groups are fake. As far as I know no one calls himself "Mestizo-Argentine" or "White Argentine". Suffixes are not used to define ethnicity like in USA. So I don't know what's the source of such approximates.

Siberyak
07-10-2012, 05:12 PM

Ethnic groups 88% White
8% Mestizo
4% Black
<1% Amerindian[1

This is exaggerated im sure.

StonyArabia
07-10-2012, 05:12 PM

Ethnic groups 88% White
8% Mestizo
4% Black
<1% Amerindian[1

White includes Armenians and Levantines to in the Latin American context. I heared there is large portion of Armenians in Uruguay. The term is more lax and fluid in Latin America than it's elsewhere like North Africa for example. I mean if you don't see West Asians as White, then the number would drop:p

Siberyak
07-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Anyways I think South America is a mixed bag.

Han Cholo
07-10-2012, 05:14 PM
White includes Armenians and Levantines to in the Latin American context. I heared there is large portion of Armenians in Uruguay. The term is more lax and fluid in Latin America than it's elsewhere like North Africa for example. I mean if you don't see West Asians as White, then the number would drop:p

As if Levantines and Armenians were a huge number in Argentina and Uruguay. :confused: More camel demency in here.

Many Argentine and Uruguayan mestizos look far lighter than Armenians and Levantines so I don't know wtf you're rambling about.

Midori
07-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Wikipedia is always wrong in Latin America. Check out Costa Rica, Puerto Rico and Chile stats and they are always wrong.

Besides those "Mestizo" "White" ethnic groups are fake. As far as I know no one calls himself "Mestizo-Argentine" or "White Argentine". Suffixes are not used to define ethnicity like in USA. So I don't know what's the source of such approximates.

Indeed. According to wikipedia, 75% of Puerto Rico is white :lol:

Smaug
07-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Argentina looks more like Chile or Mexico than like Germany or Italy. They're still somehow noticeably lighter than both, though.

However, they appear far whiter than a Brazilian crowd because they have Amerindian influence instead of African.

Behn! Wrong again.

Pardo* Brazilians have more Amerindian blood than African for sure. When someone has just African and European genes, they end up looking Black, and in Brazil they are just considered Black. Mulatos in Brazil are considered Black.

*Pardo: basically the Brazilian term for "mixed". It compromises every kind of mix:
white-amerindian, white-amerindian-african, african-amerindian...

Han Cholo
07-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Behn! Wrong again.

Pardo* Brazilians have more Amerindian blood than African for sure. When someone has just African and European genes, they end up looking Black, and in Brazil they are just considered Black. Mulatos in Brazil are considered Black.

*Pardo: basically the Brazilian term for "mixed". It compromises every kind of mix:
white-amerindian, white-amerindian-african, african-amerindian...

Do you have any source for this? I have seen lots of Brazilians and I never see anything Amerindian on them. Most mixed Brazilians can't fit in Mexico, Chile, Costa Rica, etc.

Gospodine
07-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Indeed. According to wikipedia, 75% of Puerto Rico is white :lol:

That's according to retarded American Census definitions of "race".

They can't even distinguish between race, ethnicity and nationality. Hispanics isn't a race. They can be Caucasoid, Amerindian, Black or a combination of those.

Smaug
07-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Do you have any source for this? I have seen lots of Brazilians and I never see anything Amerindian on them. Most mixed Brazilians can't fit in Mexico, Chile, Costa Rica, etc.

I know dude. What I meant is that Pardo Brazilians are not just African-Whites. They also have Amerindian genes. And the amount of European genes in Brazilian Pardos is also higher than in Chilean or Mexican "mestizos".
And remember, Amerindian is a generic term. They, the same way as whites, are divided in many ethnicities, and vary very much. From Alaska to Patagonia.

Damião de Góis
07-10-2012, 10:06 PM
He looks very (Northern) Italian. His mother looks more Portuguese than anything else.

Picture?

Sacrificed Ram
08-12-2014, 02:09 AM
Atlantid Borreby with dinaric tendencies, resembles some balkanics, but there are even germans with similar look.

But I discutindo only about metrics, I will not discuss about ancestry (which can be irrelevant in phenotype formation).