PDA

View Full Version : Fastest way to gain weight healthily?

Zack_Fair
12-23-2012, 09:04 AM
I've been on a workout routine and I am gaining weight but TOO slowly. I go on regular runs twice a day. Should I skip it till after I gain weight?

simple_guy
12-23-2012, 09:50 AM
In my opinion, for an ectomorph to gain weight (or really muscles), is to gorge on high protein diet and perform exercises involving hypertrophy instead of the usual cardio and gradually increasing diet.

Zack_Fair
12-23-2012, 10:03 AM
What is "hypertrophy"? And Is there any substitute for pushups for biceps, lol?

simple_guy
12-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Hypertrophy is a process when you lift increasingly heavier weights so that the muscles(tissues to be more precise) go in regular cycles if tearing up, healing and gradually getting bigger. The reps you do don't have to be very long. The Only thing important is heavier weights.
Continuous exertion on lighter weights will increase your endurance and give you a mean/chiseled look. I see that you are Indian.
Hypertrophy will make you look like Salman Khan, while pushups will make you look like Ranbir Kapoor.

Leon_C
12-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Get a pull up bar for Biceps, if you want the chiseled look then stick to body weight exercises like push ups, pull ups, jumping squats and crunches. If you want to get big then get a gym membership and up your diet, lift big and try to get around 6-8 reps out for each exercise.

Zack_Fair
12-23-2012, 11:53 AM
^ I'm planning to do that.
Now, I have these leg pains a day after my runs. That's normal right?

Absinthe
12-23-2012, 11:55 AM
^ I'm planning to do that.
Now, I have these leg pains a day after my runs. That's normal right?
You should stretch after running and then your legs won't hurt.

http://www.tamartrotters.co.uk/running_advice/stretching_after.gif

Heart of Oak
12-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Try a little yoga, it can not hurt, an you may grow to like it, it helps me keep the mussel I already have...

Incel King
12-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Just eat Bosnian food like Pita Krompirusa and Ustipci. Those foods are responsible why I'm fat.

Fortis in Arduis
12-23-2012, 02:59 PM
If you are Indian then there must be places to learn surya namaskara which can be used to build up the arms legs and chest.

I would recommend that you eat plenty of urad / kali dal khichari, perhaps every two hours, and after exercise.

Personally, I think that running is completely overrated and would focus on hatha yoga and weight training. You now have shin splits which are horribly painful. Why do that to yourself? Runners burn out at age forty-five.

Los Angeles (Hollywood) is now a centre of excellence for hatha yoga because it works...

I am assuming that you have heard of the herbal tonic Ashwagandha; this would help to prevent injury and aid by preparing your body for exercise and increasing your appetite, and much more...

Always breathe through the nose, never the mouth!

Zack_Fair
12-23-2012, 04:02 PM
^ I wouldn't say that it's horribly painful, though. I'll have problems quiting running, though. I'm addicted... 3 months will do that to ya...

Fortis in Arduis
12-23-2012, 04:54 PM
^ I wouldn't say that it's horribly painful, though. I'll have problems quiting running, though. I'm addicted... 3 months will do that to ya...

http://www.a2zyoga.com/img/poses/Supta-Vajrasana.jpg

If your knees hurt (dangerous) put a block/pillow under your butt, right up to the base of your neck.

If you find this impossible then there is a problem. Go easy.

thetank
03-02-2013, 11:13 PM
if you are looking for hypertrophy then a slight caloric surplus such as 200-300 calories above your maintenance is the best approach to gain weight while not getting too fat so you could gain about 1 pound or half a pound a week..if you like to do a lot of cardio then just eat more

Caismeachd
03-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Eat a whole chicken and drink a gallon of milk in addition to what you normally eat. Eat almonds all throughout the day. Eat cottage cheese before sleep. Back when I lifted weights I needed to take 5000 calories a day to gain anything. But my lifestyle was very active.

Empecinado
03-03-2013, 12:43 AM
Take almonds, mash and mix with a little honey, kneaded into a paste. It's a combo with proteins, carbohydrates and fats, perfect for gaining weight.

larali
03-03-2013, 12:45 AM
People naturally get bigger as they get older. I hate to hear about younger people trying to gain weight. :picard1: If you gain too much weight now while your metabolism is fast, you'll screw it up for yourself when it slows down.

Enjoy your health and your slim body while you can ;) My 2 cents.

Virtuous
03-03-2013, 12:48 AM
- A big fat heavy plate of pasta bolognese

- Bacon and eggs

- Hamburgers

- Powerlifting

thetank
03-03-2013, 12:53 AM
People naturally get bigger as they get older. I hate to hear about younger people trying to gain weight. :picard1: If you gain too much weight now while your metabolism is fast, you'll screw it up for yourself when it slows down.

Enjoy your health and your slim body while you can ;) My 2 cents.

I agree but when it comes to building muscle or size, I would actually tell younger kids to bulk and gain weight because it will be a lot easier for them to cut fat but I don't think anyone should get too big on their bulk...I made the same mistake before I went from being 150 to 200 in about six months

Conan
07-12-2013, 02:57 AM
Hi Zack,
Fastest way to gain weight healthily is to increase workouts, lift weights and take supplements. Increase your number of meals and consume more calories. Add smarter food more in your diet and increase protein intake. Eat lots of snacks and take energy fluids.

apple
07-26-2013, 04:02 AM
NUTELLA :thumb001:

Anglojew
07-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Quit smoking

Roy
03-08-2019, 12:02 PM
I've been on a workout routine and I am gaining weight but TOO slowly. I go on regular runs twice a day. Should I skip it till after I gain weight?

It's tough ... I was doing some weight training, working out, and even bench pressing systematically but I gained only 3 kilograms (of muscle?) in the span of 6 months. That having said I wasn't ingesting any protein shakes and supplements to boost it.

Franzisco
04-02-2019, 10:14 AM
Hi all!
The main task is to consume more calories than you get. It all depends on the metabolism of a person, his state of health. By this we cannot say that there is a universal method of the type "we lose 10 kg in two days." I first advise people to diet with a reduced amount of carbohydrates and this mode of exercise - 3 times a week cardio workout and 1-2 times a workout with rowing machines https://askyourfitnessquestion.com/the-best-rowing-machines-high-capacity-how-to-choose-the-right-rower/. After two weeks, you can look at the changes and decide what kind of training you need next.