PDA

View Full Version : Carbonated Beverages

Ĉmeric
12-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Do you drink soda pop? I usually have one a day, sometime twice. Usually Diet 7 Up or Diet Sprite or Diet Rite. All are caffeine free. And since soft drinks in the US are sweeten with HFC, I prefer diet.

Vulpix
12-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Does sparkling water count :)? If so, daily. That excluded, almost never.

Ĉmeric
12-16-2008, 09:16 PM
You mean carbonated water? I hadn't thought of that. By carbonated beverage I mean soft drinks or soda pop.

I guess sparkling water would count as a diet carbonated beverage.

Vulpix
12-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Yes, that's what I mean :thumb001:. I thought so, hence I asked.

What interests you more for this poll?

Loki
12-16-2008, 09:32 PM
I voted "never" as I drink it very rarely. I'd have a Coke with Burger King or pizza though.

Ĉmeric
12-16-2008, 09:52 PM
What interests you more for this poll?

The Alcohol & coffee or tea polls made me curious, since I'm not an alcohol, coffee or tea drinker.

Oisín
12-16-2008, 09:59 PM
I mix vodka with 7up or red bull, other than that I don't drink them.

Psychonaut
12-16-2008, 10:13 PM
I was raised in a vegan household and wasn't exposed to soda until high school, so I never really developed a taste for it. As of now, the only carbonated beverage I drink is beer, which I eschew in favor of liquor anyway.

WinterMoon
12-16-2008, 11:16 PM
I don't drink soda, except for every now and then when I get a craving for one.

Beorn
12-17-2008, 12:01 AM
I'm more a fruit juice person, but I do drink one to two cans of Diet Coke a week.

SwordoftheVistula
12-17-2008, 06:08 AM
Usually at least a few cans/day, often more. I need caffeine from somewhere, and I don't like coffee or tea. I've tried those '5 hour energy' things but they taste gross. Also it's what I drink with meals more often than not.

Fortis in Arduis
12-17-2008, 07:15 AM
I do not like to take too much sugar.

If I have to have a drink in a social situation it will be tonic water and very rarely.

At home I drink water with lemon juice. I just fill a large glass with water and squeeze a lemon into it. It makes London water palatable.

I have stopped eating out (credit munch) so I do not order fizzy mineral water like I used to do with Oriental food.

So at a push I will buy lemonade or tonic water, but I do not like it because the sugar is bad for me.

HawkR
12-17-2008, 10:32 AM
I drink at least a litre of Cola each day, as long as I got it. Once, I stopped totally and kept it like that for 2 weeks, replacing it with orange juice. And then there was a fallback, and now I'm back to basis. God' damn cocain shit:p

Absinthe
12-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Sweden it the bubbly water capital of the world! My friends are even making their own at home :thumb001:

I generally dislike carbonated drinks, especially the ones with monstrous amounts of sugar. I occasionally enjoy a Coca Cola Light but I generally avoid them. Plain water and freshly squeezed orange juice for me, thanks!

Vulpix
12-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Yes, soda is "hot" in Sweden. This Hallonsoda (http://www.spendrups.spendrups.se/lib/ProductViewDetails.aspx?id=79&ProductId=140) is not too bad:

http://www.spendrups.se/upload/GDA/hallonsoda_33rg_1.jpg

There's one of those that smells like dishwasher liquid :eek::speechless-smiley-0... I think it's this one:

http://www.spendrups.se/upload/GDA/sockerdricka_33rg_1.jpg

I way prefer water. Drinking sweet sodas too often makes me sick ;).

Sweden it the bubbly water capital of the world! My friends are even making their own at home :thumb001:

I generally dislike carbonated drinks, especially the ones with monstrous amounts of sugar. I occasionally enjoy a Coca Cola Light but I generally avoid them. Plain water and freshly squeezed orange juice for me, thanks!

HawkR
12-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Just for your information: Diet sodas are more harmful for your body then non-diet.

Aemma
12-17-2008, 02:22 PM
All I've read is Coke this and Coca-Cola that! Gosh!! Whatever happened to the Pepsi Generation?? Huh? huh? :D :p

Well you'll all laugh but my Canadian friends here will know about this one already: we French Canadians are reknowned for our delightful 'petit dejeuner'...ready for it? A Jos. Louis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos._Louis) and a Pepsi! To turn it into a hearty lunch or supper, just add a poutine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine)! What a gastronomical delight! :D

But coming back to Ĉmeric's question: alas, I also drink a Pepsi or diet Pepsi in the afternoon. I seem to like the caffeine. :P

Cheers for now...Aemma

Lady L
12-17-2008, 02:43 PM
I drink more tea, water and cool aid than I do cokes. I am hooked on tropical punch cool aid right now! :cool: If I am truly thirsty I only want water. We drink alot of water in my house. Every now and then I'll buy a coke but I really don't care about it. And, I hate coffee. :eek:

Ĉmeric
12-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Just for your information: Diet sodas are more harmful for your body then non-diet.I've heard that aspartame is bad for you but so is HFC. I don't know if there is any non-diet soft drinks sold in the US that is not sweeten with HFC.

SwordoftheVistula
12-18-2008, 01:25 AM
I've heard that aspartame is bad for you but so is HFC. I don't know if there is any non-diet soft drinks sold in the US that is not sweeten with HFC.

Jones soda is made with pure sugar (not corn syrup), also Walgreens now has a sugar only (no HFC) brand. Some grocery stores in areas with lots of Mexicans sell Mexican coke which has no HFC.

Eldritch
12-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Olvi Classic "vichy" water after the sauna. Contains valuable minerals you lose when sweating. ;)

http://www.olvi.fi/fileserver/_olvi_vichy_05.jpg

Other than that, I'll have a glass of the sugarfree 7-Up the better half is addicted to maybe once a week. That's about it.

Sally
12-29-2008, 06:52 AM
I drink far too much soda, but only the sugarfree varieties. Supposedly, the sugarfree versions are more harmful, but I don't intend to stop drinking them. To do so would be catastrophic! :eek:

safinator
02-20-2012, 11:46 PM
I have a carbonated beverage occasionally.

Osweo
02-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Can't remember last time I had one.

rhiannon
02-21-2012, 06:35 AM
I drink far too much soda, but only the sugarfree varieties. Supposedly, the sugarfree versions are more harmful, but I don't intend to stop drinking them. To do so would be catastrophic! :eek:

LOL.
I like sparkling water with lemon essence.....diet this or that.....and beer:)

Corraidh
02-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Love cola & iron brew.

herry47125110
06-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Which soft drink do like more. i like Red bull.

interes
06-04-2014, 11:37 AM
pepsi

CommonSense
08-27-2018, 01:01 PM
I used to drink over a half-litre of Coke per day. Thankfully, I only drink it occasionally now. It's good to stop early before any health problems develop.