PDA

View Full Version : Do they look more Northwestern or Northeastern?

WOOHP
07-14-2013, 08:27 PM
A video of Swedes, probaby from all over Sweden. I'ts 3-4 mins long, and it gives a pretty good view of how young Swedish youths(especially young women) look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcqGHm41PJ8

What do you think? Do they look more eastearn than western? Would they fit better in the Northwest(Low Countries, England and Scotland) or in the Northeast(Poland and the Baltic states)?

Aunt Hilda
07-14-2013, 08:31 PM
some of them looks western, some eastern it's pretty much 50/50.

WOOHP
07-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Bump. The song is nice, but if you don't like just turn of the music and watch the pretty girls instead :thumb001:

WOOHP
07-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Bump

WOOHP
07-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Bump

Roy
07-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Some of them look very Western or distinctly Scandinavian, some can pass in Poland.

WOOHP
07-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Some of them look very Western or distinctly Scandinavian, some can pass in Poland.

How would you sum it up? If you ignore hair color, where would they fit better. In the Low Countries and Britain or in the Baltic states and Poland?

Roy
07-15-2013, 09:38 AM
How would you sum it up? If you ignore hair color, where would they fit better. In the Low Countries and Britain or in the Baltic states and Poland?

They fit better in Britain but I can be prejudiced and it may skew my perception.

Hevo
07-15-2013, 09:44 AM
Most could pass in The Netherlands and i think they look more North Western overall.

Übermensch
07-15-2013, 09:45 AM
I'd say Swedish people are mainly Borreby and Bruenn and cromagnid, they resemble somewhat baltic and finnic populations (also because of their frequent ash blondism) but i'd say they are more similar to North-western people, so British,Irish,North Germans and Dutch, typical swedish phenotype:

Borreby:

Bruenn:

Graham
07-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Could pass in Scotland as closer to typical
http://imageshack.us/a/img818/701/jse.png

Could not as as typical in Scotland. Blonde hair & eyebrows with tanned skin. Is super rare btw.
http://imageshack.us/a/img17/3509/yf9.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img27/1198/ph6x.png

WOOHP
07-15-2013, 10:38 AM
I would say that the order of which ethnicities look closer to Swedes is this: Denmark and Norway excluded cause it's almost impossible to distinguish the three Scandinavian groups from one and other

Northern Germans
Finns
Estonians
Scots(Brünn and North Atlantid types are quite common in Sweden)
Dutch people

Übermensch
07-15-2013, 06:03 PM
Standard Swedish phenotypes:

Borreby

http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/4098745_borreby_1.jpg

Bruenn:

http://www.ems.net76.net/index_files/image20281.jpg

Halstatt nordid:

Troender:

riverman
07-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Western, Swedes and Danes on average look western

Artek
07-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Western, Swedes and Danes on average look western
Oh yes, their uncanny resemblance to the French and Spaniards...

Roy
07-15-2013, 06:21 PM

Well they rather don't resemble them, but they look Western.

riverman
07-15-2013, 06:26 PM

West=England, Scotland, Germany(at least part of it)

Look at a map.

Roy
07-15-2013, 07:17 PM

Look at a map.

So France isn't situated in Western Europe :confused:

riverman
07-15-2013, 07:18 PM
So France isn't situated in Western Europe :confused:

Swedes don't look French.

Graham
07-15-2013, 08:23 PM

Look at a map.
Technically you should only consider those that haven't mixed with Scandinavians, In Britain/Ireland. As West. When comparing with Scandinavians. If you want a true split..

Basqueland, Wales & Brittany would be a good representative of the purest West.

Roy
07-15-2013, 08:25 PM
Swedes don't look French.

I wrote that they do not look like them. Now I see that it was just a response to another post.

riverman
07-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Technically you should only consider those that haven't mixed with Scandinavians, In Britain/Ireland. As West. When comparing with Scandinavians. If you want a true split..

Basqueland, Wales & Brittany would be a good representative of the purest West.

Nahh I disagree, because you can't tell by English surnames which English will look like what. So, they're still 'English'.

WOOHP
07-15-2013, 08:31 PM

The average Scando is a blend between Borreby + Göta Nordid + Faelid, or Trönder as some call it. All these three phenotypes are western primarily. No one ever mentioned Spaniards, who also are western but of other phenotypes(Atlanto-Med etc).

riverman
07-15-2013, 08:33 PM
It's true, though, in America a scandoid looking person is likely to be English-American.

Übermensch
07-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Irish look quite similar to Swedish too, lots of Cromagnids (bruenn) there.
I think Cromagnoid (bruenn) is the basic strain in the swedish population,followed by borreby (which is more prominent in Denmark,in fact the main difference between Danes and Swedes is that Swedes tend to have narrower-smaller heads than the Danes) then by troender-nordocromagnoid and halstatt nordid.

Artek
07-15-2013, 11:08 PM
Well they rather don't resemble them, but they look Western.
They look Northwestern but not Western "proper", that's the main difference. Graham explained it, they hardly look Basque\Welsh etc.

WOOHP
07-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Irish look quite similar to Swedish too, lots of Cromagnids (bruenn) there.
I think Cromagnoid (bruenn) is the basic strain in the swedish population,followed by borreby (which is more prominent in Denmark,in fact the main difference between Danes and Swedes is that Swedes tend to have narrower-smaller heads than the Danes) then by troender-nordocromagnoid and halstatt nordid.

The three most common phenotypes in Scandinavia are Göta Nordid, Faelid and Borreby. People with a blend of these three form a large majority. Bruenn is somewhat common, very often mixed with Göta nordid but it's very hard to see pure Bruenn types.

The video: Well I think that these Swedes, outside Scandinavia + Finland and Iceland would fit better in Northern Germany, the Netherlands and Scotland. Hair color aside.

Übermensch
07-16-2013, 07:40 PM
The three most common phenotypes in Scandinavia are Göta Nordid, Faelid and Borreby. People with a blend of these three form a large majority. Bruenn is somewhat common, very often mixed with Göta nordid but it's very hard to see pure Bruenn types.

The video: Well I think that these Swedes, outside Scandinavia + Finland and Iceland would fit better in Northern Germany, the Netherlands and Scotland. Hair color aside.

Dalo-faelid in Coon typology is basically Bruenn (or dalo-nordid) and in it's proper form is form mainly in Scandinavia,but there is a similar phenotype in Ireland which typologist on this site called ''bruenn'' , we might call this type ''irish bruenn'' and it differ by the scandinavian bruenn by a more tendency to curly hair and mesocephalism or brachicephalism as well a more ''reddish'' pigmentation.
I'd say neolithic types (nordid) in Scandinavia are only a small minority, but troender (a nordid mixed with native cromagnid NW european elements) is quite common,despite the basic strain in Sweden being basically Cromagnid (either Bruenn or Borreby).