PDA

View Full Version : Suit combinations?

Szegedist
10-19-2013, 09:59 PM
What suit combinations are popular among the men of TA.

My "go to combination" is dark grey suit/black, with black shirt and silver-black pattern tie. Usually I am the only ones wearing a black shirt, with everyone else opting for the boring white shirt black suit combination. :P

korkolola
10-19-2013, 10:05 PM
Wearing shirt that's darker than your tie & suit is a fashion error.

Lucifer
10-19-2013, 10:05 PM
black suit
white shirt
crimson tie

Szegedist
10-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Wearing shirt that's darker than your tie & suit is a fashion error.

No its not...

Lena
10-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Usually I am the only ones wearing a black shirt

Black shirts are here reserved for funerals. ;(

Permafrost
10-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Black suit, with thin white vertical lines pattern, coupled with a red shirt and a black tie.

korkolola
10-19-2013, 10:12 PM
No its not...

Very few people can pull it off without ending up looking trashy. Men especially like matching dark/black shirts and shiny ties of different colours. That looks absolutely disgusting, unprofessional and cheap, no matter how expensive the clothes are. Of course, there are no strict fashion *rules*, so perhaps calling it an *error* is a bit too harsh.

Szegedist
10-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Black suit, with thin white vertical lines pattern, coupled with a red shirt and a black tie.

Funny you mention that, because I was (and still am) considering trying out this combination too.

Szegedist
10-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Very few people can pull it off without ending up looking trashy. Men especially like matching dark/black shirts and shiny ties of different colours. That looks absolutely disgusting, unprofessional and cheap, no matter how expensive the clothes are. Of course, there are no strict fashion *rules*, so perhaps calling it an *error* is a bit too harsh.

Maybe you are right, maybe not, but so far(from personal experience) I only received compliments.

Permafrost
10-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Funny you mention that, because I was (and still am) considering trying out this combination too.

It's a badass combo IMO, you can't go wrong with that one.

Alternatively, you can go with a waistcoat of the same pattern, but in that case I'd wear a white shirt, or some colour other than crimson red. Can't explain why though...

And if you throw in a fedora, you'll get a gangster look.

Szegedist
10-19-2013, 10:26 PM
It's a badass combo IMO, you can't go wrong with that one.

Alternatively, you can go with a waistcoat of the same pattern, but in that case I'd wear a white shirt, or some colour other than crimson red. Can't explain why though...

And if you throw in a fedora, you'll get a gangster look.

Fedora? Dont tell me you ever tried it :laugh:

Anyway, to save my skin, Clooney to the rescue ;)
http://ottomandandy.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/clooney.jpg

Damiăo de Góis
10-19-2013, 10:36 PM
Dark suit - black, dark grey or dark blue
light shirt - white, grey, blue or dark blue
tie (darker than shirt and lighter than suit) - several blue and red dark shades

Germaniac
10-22-2013, 08:13 PM
Although I own light suits, my usual ensemble is navy or charcoal suit (hate black suit, looks cheap), light blue or white shirt (love the blue shirts with white collar and cuffs), and ties in a variety of colours, usually lighter than suit, and always darker than the shirt.