Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the best gedmatch calculator for detecting South Asian admixture?

Banned
    Last Online
    05-04-2020 @ 06:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North Atlantid
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 123
    Given: 112

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    You look Muslim to me, so I was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by altaic View Post
    Agreed to Thambi. If you need to choose one, Harappa. Looks like he posted the calculators strength respectively bcz Eurogenes k13 is the weakest one in my opinion.
    What would you say about emailing raw data to Davidski from Eurogenes? Apparently the G25 coordinates he provides can be compared with actual ancient data that isn't possible with GEDmatch, making it a superior tool to estimating your true ancestry.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-04-2020 @ 06:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North Atlantid
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 123
    Given: 112

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thambi View Post
    yeah harappa and dodecad k12b are the best for south asians. Puntdnal k13 and mdlpk23b are very good as well imo but harappa is definitely the OG calc for desis.

btw can you post your 23andme results?
    Don't have it yet. But you'll be the first to know when I do

Last Online
    07-28-2022 @ 05:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    1/20 EastEurasia
    Ethnicity
    Caucasus+Anatolia+Mesopotamia
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L23
    mtDNA
    R2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 939
    Given: 548

0 Not allowed!

You look Muslim to me, so I was right.
    What kind of question and/or answer is? Looking like X, Y, Z religion? (Unless you have religious symbol or hat etc) I am sorry but it is so stereotypical. 7 billion human beings have 7 billion looks that include Muslims and Sikhs. The world is filled with various parameters which affects individuals the way their beliefs and mind shape. This kind of question is similar and very common in US as well. Most people in US think Muslim means Arab despite only around one fifth of the population is Muslim. Any religion can be followed by anyone. But I kind of understand your question/answer. It is like me people saying but you don’t look Turkish... https://www.resetdoc.org/story/dont-...ation-germany/
    I am not an experienced member here maybe there is a topic area about asking religion based on appearances. I am just surprised to see that you can distinguish Muslim and Sikh just by looking without religious sign...

Not even a member
    Last Online
    05-06-2024 @ 11:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,593
    Given: 8,909

0 Not allowed!

What kind of question and/or answer is? Looking like X, Y, Z religion? (Unless you have religious symbol or hat etc) I am sorry but it is so stereotypical. 7 billion human beings have 7 billion looks that include Muslims and Sikhs. The world is filled with various parameters which affects individuals the way their beliefs and mind shape. This kind of question is similar and very common in US as well. Most people in US think Muslim means Arab despite only around one fifth of the population is Muslim. Any religion can be followed by anyone. But I kind of understand your question/answer. It is like me people saying but you don’t look Turkish... https://www.resetdoc.org/story/dont-...ation-germany/
    I am not an experienced member here maybe there is a topic area about asking religion based on appearances. I am just surprised to see that you can distinguish Muslim and Sikh just by looking without religious sign...
    There are certain types which people (at least in Europe and North America) tend to associate with Muslims. Even though Islam is undoubtedly not a race, most Muslims aren't white or Chinese but some type of Middle Eastern, North African or South-Central Asian (in geopolitics they are sometimes collectively referred to as "Greater Middle East"). The OP doesn't strike me as a typical Indian, he looks more like someone from Afghanistan which is a more West Asian-like country compared to India.

Last Online
    07-28-2022 @ 05:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    1/20 EastEurasia
    Ethnicity
    Caucasus+Anatolia+Mesopotamia
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L23
    mtDNA
    R2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 939
    Given: 548

0 Not allowed!

There are certain types which people (at least in Europe and North America) tend to associate with Muslims. Even though Islam is undoubtedly not a race, most Muslims aren't white or Chinese but some type of Middle Eastern, North African or South-Central Asian (in geopolitics they are sometimes collectively referred to as "Greater Middle East"). The OP doesn't strike me as a typical Indian, he looks more like someone from Afghanistan which is a more West Asian-like country compared to India.
    He sent me his photo earlier as well and I don’t know how to classify him based on appearance whether he is X Y Z religion. Anyway, I guess I got your point bcz you can tell that he does not look Indian and look more like Afghanistan. That is why maybe you did not ask whether he is Hindu or not. The question is just weird for me personally, especially to someone from India which tends to have one of the most religious diversity.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    05-06-2024 @ 11:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,593
    Given: 8,909

1 Not allowed!

He sent me his photo earlier as well and I don’t know how to classify him based on appearance whether he is X Y Z religion. Anyway, I guess I got your point bcz you can tell that he does not look Indian and look more like Afghanistan. That is why maybe you did not ask whether he is Hindu or not. The question is just weird for me personally, especially to someone from India which tends to have one of the most religious diversity.
    Dude, you're paying too much attention to one short sentence. That wasn't a serious "classification", just a casual remark.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information