Human
    Country
    Burkina-Faso
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 494
    Given: 748

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by chinshen View Post
    I don't think it is about skin color, but features.
    Gypsies do not have West Asian features, but South Asian one. Color is not considered a determining factor in one's ethnic background.
    I have been fortunate enough to visit the Balkan region, including Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, and Bulgaria, as well as several countries in West Asia. I agree with you that there are no groups in West Asia that resemble the Gypsies as a group from the Balkan regions. The Gypsies have this unique look that makes them stand out in both the Balkans and West Asia as a group. We may find one here and there that passes but as a group certainly not.

The Gypsies that I have seen in Turkey looked darker than the ones in the Balkans. Many of them had a darker complexion and could pass better as people from India or Pakistan.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Burkina-Faso
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by thisismyaccount View Post
    Im 100% sure other west asians would thought of these 10 girls as west asians or europeans, because there's nothing non-west asian looking about them.

This includes these girls too.

Attachment 129412

This girl and 2 kurds compared to her, considered typical and pure kurds by your Kurdish buddy on other forums. She especially look almost just like the Kurdish girl on right. Head length, lips, cheekbones, eyebrows. Only the nostrils of their noses are little different, but she still looks west asian asf.

Attachment 129413

These 2 kurds, also posted by your friend, have the same cheekbones as her, same lips and the woman same eyes. Noses quite similiar as well. The girl looks like she could be daughter to these 2 kurds.

Im not even gonna spend my time on rest of the girls, they're even more west asian looking.

You're right I know better what south asian girls look alike. I know there are gypsies assimilated, but this is exaggerating things.
    No offence, but I have a feeling you wouldn't be like this if you didn't knew these girls were gypsies.
    I'm not saying west asians and gypsies look alike, just these specific girls I picked out.
    I'm done here.
    Posting pictures can be rather a poisonous endeavor as pictures can be very deceptive. I have been to many Kurdish cities in both Iran and Turkey and I have seen Gypsies. They don't look the same.

There is a rich diversity in the human race.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 191

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Negah View Post
    Posting pictures can be rather a poisonous endeavor as pictures can be very deceptive. I have been to many Kurdish cities in both Iran and Turkey and I have seen Gypsies. They don't look the same.

There is a rich diversity in the human race.
    youre getting it twisted. I'm specifically and only talking about the majority of the girls in this thread, not every gypsy as whole. Not especially west asian gypsies. The ones here are from balkans.

I'm well aware gypsies and kurds don't look alike as groups.

A Real Gypsy Pay-off
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,305
    Given: 59,065

1 Not allowed!

I have been fortunate enough to visit the Balkan region, including Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, and Bulgaria, as well as several countries in West Asia. I agree with you that there are no groups in West Asia that resemble the Gypsies as a group from the Balkan regions. The Gypsies have this unique look that makes them stand out in both the Balkans and West Asia as a group. We may find one here and there that passes but as a group certainly not.

The Gypsies that I have seen in Turkey looked darker than the ones in the Balkans. Many of them had a darker complexion and could pass better as people from India or Pakistan.
    youre getting it twisted. I'm specifically and only talking about the majority of the girls in this thread, not every gypsy as whole. Not especially west asian gypsies. The ones here are from balkans.

I'm well aware gypsies and kurds don't look alike as groups.
    I said my opinion already about the girls but again but to me the girls in this thread and gypsies as a whole do not look westasian at all, i agree they stand out, even if they do not have a much darker complexion then westasian sometimes, sometimes they do have a darker complexion. To me they look uniqe and like pseudo western indians, or western shifted indians what they are or mixed race people, similar to carribbean mullatos who can look uniqe and pseudo western with darker complexions..

Classify this girl band from serbia, do you think they look south or westasian or unique?

Me and my cousins

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 191

0 Not allowed!

Mortimer, I know you want to appeal to people here who dislikes any gypsy compared to west asians

But if these girls(the cherrypicked atypical ones I'm talking about) were never revealed to be gypsies and were claimed to be of turkish nationality, no one would actually be biased and suspected otherwise

So many people are touchy about this here. Only on TA west asian looking peoples can't pass in West asia

A Real Gypsy Pay-off
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Mortimer, I know you want to appeal to people here who dislikes any gypsy compared to west asians

But if these girls(the cherrypicked atypical ones I'm talking about) were never revealed to be gypsies and were claimed to be of turkish nationality, no one would actually be biased and suspected otherwise

So many people are touchy about this here. Only on TA west asian looking peoples can't pass in West asia
    I think a few could pass, my mum has 4 siblings, i think 1 sister of her could pass as turkish the others and my mum could pass as indians i think

The one who could pass as turkish

as group they do not pass, a few pass maybe

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Burkina-Faso
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    I said my opinion already about the girls but again but to me the girls in this thread and gypsies as a whole do not look westasian at all, i agree they stand out, even if they do not have a much darker complexion then westasian sometimes, sometimes they do have a darker complexion. To me they look uniqe and like pseudo western indians, or western shifted indians what they are or mixed race people, similar to carribbean mullatos who can look uniqe and pseudo western with darker complexions..

Classify this girl band from serbia, do you think they look south or westasian or unique?

]
    I think they look Unique. Your cousins show South Asian influences though IMO.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Burkina-Faso
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Everyone acknowledges that there are overlaps, but the fact remains that the genetic composition of West Asia, the Balkans, Gypsies, South Asians, and other regions is quite distinct, which is reflected in the facial features of people from these regions. During my travel to the Balkans, I was surprised to notice how different the Anatolians looked from the people of the Balkan region, despite the short distance between them. The Gypsies have a unique history that sets them apart from other groups.

It's possible to find a few people who resemble members of other groups, but in my opinion, it's not significant enough.
    Last edited by Negah; 04-28-2024 at 10:37 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Burkina-Faso
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Im talking about features.

I honestly don't see how majority dont pass better in west asia and europe than South Asia?

These are the girls im talking about.

edit: forgot the 12th girl
    It is natural to group the Gypsies and West Asians together due to their dark hair, while Slovenians and Croats are light-haired. South Asians are on average dark skinned relative to other groups which makes them stand out even more.

A Real Gypsy Pay-off
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I think they look Unique. Your cousins show South Asian influences though IMO.
    I think they do show southasian influences i mean my cousins. They look inda like "pseudo westerneurasian indians" or western shifted indians. Kinda like carribean mullatos look like a more western version of negroes.

Here are more of my relatives, i think they have a average complexion for indians, they really do have a dark complexion, their features are more western shifted then typical indians though what do you think? Overall they are "indian mullatos" do you agree?

And what do you think on a global level, how dark is their skin complexion and color? Do you think its very dark even on a global level or only for westerneurasia and east asia?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information