View Poll Results: Do you consider Bulgarians Slavic?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

73 82.02%
  • No

16 17.98%
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you consider Bulgarians Slavic?

Last Online
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,533
    Given: 7,738

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    The hungarian prehistory is more complicated as you think. To be honest i love it, because its mysterious, i have read tons of book, source etc, i watched tons of video of profs from the hungarian Academy (MTA). My personal favourite is Balázs Sudár anyway.

The problem is the lack of sources. The oldest sources came from that age when magyars lived in Etelköz (present Ukraine), but what happened before it? Nobody knows. Of course we have theories what are they did before Etelköz, these theories are based on genetic, origin myths, kultur and language, but we dont know exactly. This whole story is a huge black hole. Maybe the most interesting thing is the relations between huns and magyars.
    My ancestral village is on territory of historical Etelkoz, doubtful but would be proud to carry some genes of those expansive people

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
    Even Croats are Turkic
    Hrvat comes from khan Kubrat
    Croats are descendants of Avars
    Come on, man.. In Russia we name this sect "Linguofreaks". My relative from Ukraine was one of significant Linguofreaks of ex USSR Now he switched to more normal things like making instructions to electronic devices etc

Last Online
    Today @ 08:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 173
    Given: 57

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Demirkazık View Post

I wouldn't give such a definitive answer. The findings we have suggest that early Magyars had a significant Turkic admixture in their ancestral heritage. Alternatively, they might have been Turkic people who got labeled as a Magyar. Even then, this would show a high presence of Turkic people among the Magyars, unlike what Blondie suggests.
    You are talking about sharing a common gene pool during early ages and barely today, which i agree, but still that does not make Magyars Turkic. We are undeniably related to each other but our antecedents were relatives, let's say cousins, not brothers. Or at least i haven't seen any study that shows otherwise.

Another fact is that most elite Magyar burials demonstrate strong Turkic elements. Grave goods and funerary practices show similarities with those of contemporaneous Turkic peoples. So it's not only genetic, the influence is cultural as well.
    Indeed, and i already alluded to that saying "our connection comes from there linguistically and culturally".
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeleafs View Post
    he told me he wants to gas 6 million Jews when he sees my nose.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,713
    Given: 4,681

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    My ancestral village is on territory of historical Etelkoz, doubtful but would be proud to carry some genes of those expansive people
    Mine is on the territory of Illyrian tribe Sardiatae naer border with Dalmatae.

Last Online
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Donauschwabe
    Country
    Hungary
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,457
    Given: 9,947

0 Not allowed!

Circumstantial bilingualism, with elite influence it is.
    But what is the evidence that they were bilingual? I said many argument that its not so likely.

Why? Mislabeling does occur in studies of this nature. Some of the elites and conquerors in that paper were almost entirely, if not completely, of mixed Turkic descent, even those who weren't had a genetic profile similar to the Bashkirs.
    So the hungarian profs mislabelled most of hungarian graves? I hope your not serious. There is a special methodology to recognize what is hungarian grave and whats not. Due to lack of money they dont touch questionable graves. Nomad magyars were not completely turkic genetically, its a nonsense.

"This study contributes ancient mtDNA data to the research on Hungarian ethnogenesis and the conquest-period. We present the first described Avar-period ancient DNA dataset (n = 31), an almost four-fold enlargement of the existing Hungarian conquest-period dataset (with n = 76), and a magnified dataset from the Hungarian-Slavic contact zone of the 10–12th centuries (with n = 4). These together with the previously published 10th–12th century results were compared with published ancient and modern Eurasian mtDNA data. The results comprehensively demonstrate the conqueror maternal gene pool as a mixture of West Eurasian and Central/North Eurasian elements. Both the linguistically recorded Finno-Ugric roots and the Turkic, Central Asian influxes had possible genetic imprints in the conquerors’ mixed genetic composition."
    https://www.nature.com/articles/srep33446

"The overall maternal makeup of the investigated 36 samples from the Ural region in a phylogenetic and phylogeographic point of view suggests a mixed characteristic of rather western and rather eastern components, although the paternal lineages are more homogenous with Y-haplogroups typical for the Volga-Ural region. The exact assignment of each mitochondrial haplotype of the Trans-Uralic Uyelgi population to the Eastern and Western Eurasian components is impossible, but comprehensive representatives are present. Mitochondrial haplogroups of European origin N1a1a1a1a and H40b provide a horizon-through success of maternal lineages with inner diversification, which suggests a base population of a rather western characteristics. On the other hand, identical (C4a1a6) or single (A, A12a, C4a2a1) haplotypes with strong eastern phylogeography, highly pronounced in the third horizon, suggest a relatively recent admixture to this population. The apparent co-occurrence of genetic and archaeological shift is however contradicted by the homogeneity of ancestry components, nuclear genomic PCA positions, homogeneity of paternal makeup (although this one itself can be explained by patrilocality), and presence of eastern component (C4a1a6) in all horizons. Despite the fact that the genetic contribution of a population related to the Srostki culture cannot be excluded at this level, it is more likely that the majority of eastern components admixed before the usage of the Uyelgi cemetery. The uniparental genetic composition of Uyelgi population signals them as a chronologically and/or geographically related population to the possible genetic source of the Hungarian conquerors. Furthermore, their preliminary autosomal results show that they shared their allele frequency makeup with modern Uralic and West Siberian populations that are linguistically or historically related to Hungarians, which provide a good standpoint for future studies."
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-75910-z

"Most of the maternal and paternal lines detected in the Volga-Ural groups can also be found in the Carpathian Basin in the conquest period. As a result of recent investigations, some lineages reveal direct connections between the populations of these two regions, indicating that they had a common origin in the Volga-Ural region, or in the proximity.

The research group reanalysed the genetic data known from the conquest-era cemeteries of the Carpathian Basin according to the system developed by archaeologist László Kovács (Institute of Archaeology, Research Centre for the Humanities, Eötvös Loránd Research Network), which was based on the number of graves and the period of usage of the cemeteries. The 10th-century group, which included the population of the so-called nomadic campsite cemeteries with a small number of graves, showed the greatest similarity with the studied populations of the Volga-Ural region. The mixture with the local populations in the Carpathian Basin becomes more and more remarkable in the so-called village cemeteries, used between the 10th–12th centuries as time progressed. However, some maternal and paternal lineage characteristics of the Volga-Ural region persisted even in these groups, often identified as common people. The assumption that not only men but entire families arrived in the Carpathian basin at the end of the 9th century was indicated by the numerous maternal connections described between the population of the two areas.

The "eastern elements”, previously described in the population of the conquest period Carpathian Basin were successfully identified in the Volga-Ural region, which also supports the historical, linguistic and archaeological assumption that some of the invaders came directly or indirectly from this region from an archaeogenetic point of view."
    https://agi.abtk.hu/en/news/archaeol...ian-prehistory

"Recently, hundreds of ancient genomes were analyzed from Central Asia, Mongolia, and China, from which we aimed to identify putative source populations for the above-mentioned groups. In this study, we have sequenced 9 Hun, 143 Avar, and 113 Hungarian conquest period samples and identified three core populations, representing immigrants from each period with no recent European ancestry. Our results reveal that this "immigrant core" of both Huns and Avars likely originated in present day Mongolia, and their origin can be traced back to Xiongnus (Asian Huns), as suggested by several historians. On the other hand, the "immigrant core" of the conquering Hungarians derived from an earlier admixture of Mansis, early Sarmatians, and descendants of late Xiongnus."
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35617951/

Nomad magyars had significant uralic genetic core and ancestry, not just their language is uralic, but also their origin. These were not a turkic population.

. . .
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    philhellene
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,533
    Given: 31,778

1 Not allowed!

Bulgarians are one of the peoples most relevant to the Slavic world's cultural heritage due to their influence on Slavic culture at the time of its recorded history beginnings

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    Mine is on the territory of Illyrian tribe Sardiatae naer border with Dalmatae.
    Etelkoz is almost identical by historical borders of Novorossia and Southern Russia, the steppes, but my village is in very core part which is now on North of Odessa region.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,713
    Given: 4,681

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Etelkoz is almost identical by historical borders of Novorossia and Southern Russia, the steppes, but my village is in very core part which is now on North of Odessa region.

Before they settled to Pannonia in 896. Magyars some period lived in present day Moldova and surrounding area of Ukraine. Bulgarian tsar Simeon I together with Pechenegs defeated them and that is reason why they moved to Pannonia. Little earlier Magyars attacked Bulgaria and damaged Bulgarian capital Pliska. I wonder what would be if Magyars permanently settled in Bulgaria instead of Pannonia... Probably present day Hungary today would be Slavic land.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    Bulgarians are one of the peoples most relevant to the Slavic world's cultural heritage due to their influence on Slavic culture at the time of its recorded history beginnings
    Bulgarian language heavily influenced Russian language and later vice versa. If they didn't lack the cases, I'd love it it sounds similar to Russian but this lack of cases ruins it all. I love Church Slavic and Serbian language.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    Before they settled to Pannonia in 896. Magyars some period lived in present day Moldova and surrounding area of Ukraine. Bulgarian tsar Simeon I together with Pechenegs defeated them and that is reason why they moved to Pannonia. Little earlier Magyars attacked Bulgaria and damaged Bulgarian capital Pliska. I wonder what would be if Magyars permanently settled in Bulgaria instead of Pannonia... Probably present day Hungary today would be Slavic land.
    By irony 15 km from my village, there's a village Erdelevo which was ancestral village of Russian noble Huns Erdely, Ivan Erdely was one of WWI Russian heroes and then one of most significant generals of White Movement

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread Information