Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 29,202

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    I think the man was in his 30s so the chance of him having Romanian heritage is really small as most Romanians moved to Ireland only 15 years ago.
    I would bet he is half Romanian without a doubt. There are even Irish people with grandparents and great grandparents that are from places like Cyprus, Italy, Greece etc. There has always been some immigration to Ireland even if it was lower numbers and someone in their 30s with an non-Irish parent would not be unusual at all. That man definitely was not fully Irish.

There was even men like Paul McGrath who had a Nigerian father and he was born in 1959 and there are plenty of Irish people from the past who have some foreign ancestry like Linda Martin who was born in 1952 and her paternal great-grandfather Francis Martini was born in Dublin to immigrants from Saronno, north of Milan, Italy. There's most probably plenty of Irish with some foreign ancestry. Your logic is faulty.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,558
    Given: 5,929

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    I would bet he is half Romanian without a doubt. There are even Irish people with grandparents and great grandparents that are from places like Cyprus, Italy, Greece etc. There has always been some immigration to Ireland even if it was lower numbers and someone in their 30s with an non-Irish parent would not be unusual at all. That man definitely was not fully Irish.

There was even men like Paul McGrath who had a Nigerian father and he was born in 1959 and there are plenty of Irish people from the past who have some foreign ancestry like Linda Martin who was born in 1952 and her paternal great-grandfather Francis Martini was born in Dublin to immigrants from Saronno, north of Milan, Italy. There's most probably plenty of Irish with some foreign ancestry. Your logic is faulty.
    I looked up his ancestry and didn't see any Romanians in his family, he didn't even look that unirish really after all you have people like the Coors, Susan Boyle who could pass in eastern Europe.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 29,202

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    I looked up his ancestry and didn't see any Romanians in his family, he didn't even look that unirish really after all you have people like the Coors, Susan Boyle who could pass in eastern Europe.
    The Corrs not the Coors. You should get the name correct. You and Cristiano viejo are the only ones who keep calling the Corrs the Coors. Yes he did look Romanian and not Irish. Anyway we've discussed enough. I've made my views known and we just go around in circles.

Last Online
    06-04-2024 @ 12:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    European origin American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti-marxist, antimanelist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 554
    Given: 340

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Well you posted some man with the first name of Florian which I'm positive would mean they were not fully Irish. He looked Romanian but you were posting him as fully Irish because he had an Irish surname. My point is that you can still post darker English people. They all aren't foreign. There are plenty of them for you to post if you wanted to.

I just feel you are trying to other the Irish or exoticize them.
    Florian is rarely used as a first name in Romania. Florian is much more popular in Germany and Austria.
    The Romanian equivalent is Florin.

That said, when Florian is used as a family name, the person is likely Romanian.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information