Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ideology and Racial Differences?

Last Online
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    European Union
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 666

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hektor12 View Post
    Thats coping mechanism of christians. You sound very foreigner. Ottomans invested the most in Balkans and greatly improved the infrastructure there, in a decaying region since crusades devastated the region.
    Lol is that the rubbish they tell you in schools in Turkey?!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,442
    Given: 43,922

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Straightman View Post
    Lol is that the rubbish they tell you in schools in Turkey?!
    Doubtless he is exaggerating too. Nonetheless, you haven't answered my basic point: if it is possible to blame many of Romania's problems on the Ottomans and/or Soviets, then why is it invalid and illegitimate to blame at least some of the problems of Europe's former colonies on said European Empires?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Moderate member of the Uralic Cluster
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kınık_(tribe)
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turano-Pontid and slight Carpathid
    Politics
    Toleranz
    Religion
    Religions are mass-scale Stockholm syndromes
    Relationship Status
    It's hitting me hard now that I'm
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,352
    Given: 4,657

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Doubtless he is exaggerating too.
    What am i exaggerating? Ottomans invested most in Balkan region compared to other regions is a fact, today you can still find Ottomans bridge used daily in the region. And Orthodox region was sacked by western Crusaders including Constantinople. It was also one of the reasons that led Ottomans to conquer Constantinople because it was greatly weakened by crusades.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    European Union
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Doubtless he is exaggerating too. Nonetheless, you haven't answered my basic point: if it is possible to blame many of Romania's problems on the Ottomans and/or Soviets, then why is it invalid and illegitimate to blame at least some of the problems of Europe's former colonies on said European Empires?
    Maybe you have a point. I mean sure if you say some of their problems come from that. Like some of the wars they had in Africa and in South Asia over border areas, because borders established by Europeans ignored the ethnic situation on the ground. But overall I feel that other factors are now and have always been more important in holding them back. How can they change their ways, if you tell them they are victims of Europeans. All that will do is to get them to hate Europeans and expect reparations money and free, unchecked immigration to Europe. That is what they want anyway. We don't want anything from Turks. Not even an apology. See the difference?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Toleranz
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Maybe you have a point. I mean sure if you say some of their problems come from that. Like some of the wars they had in Africa and in South Asia over border areas, because borders established by Europeans ignored the ethnic situation on the ground. But overall I feel that other factors are now and have always been more important in holding them back. How can they change their ways, if you tell them they are victims of Europeans. All that will do is to get them to hate Europeans and expect reparations money and free, unchecked immigration to Europe. That is what they want anyway. We don't want anything from Turks. Not even an apology. See the difference?
    You have always impressed me with your great love for simplifying yourself as "European". I think thats the biggest happiness for you in your life so i wont touch that.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    European Union
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You have always impressed me with your great love for simplifying yourself as "European". I think thats the biggest happiness for you in your life so i wont touch that.
    So I can not be one because Mr Turban says he is only impressed with Germans and Dutch who feed his mom and dad? Way the not notice Turk, that I wasn't speaking of myself or even Romanians there. Don't worry no one can possible develop inferiority complex vis-a-vis mere Turks.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,442
    Given: 43,922

0 Not allowed!

I am not saying everything is the fault of the Europeans. Certainly, there is a long tradition of dictators like Mugabe and Macias Nguema blaming everything on the West to deflect from their own failings and abuses. Nevertheless, the distortions, iniquities and at times outright theft by Europeans have left a baleful legacy on many places, and even post-independence has still seen plenty of Western-backed dictators installed to keep the old order in tact. Moreover, you may not want an apology from Turks, but the degree you appear to hate them and blame them for Romania's ills comes across not entirely unlike some Third World demagogue ranting against the British or French

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Toleranz
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

So I can not be one because Mr Turban says he is only impressed with Germans and Dutch who feed his mom and dad?
    Bro, youre the same thing as them unlike we 'not so fortunate creatures'.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    European Union
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I am not saying everything is the fault of the Europeans. Certainly, there is a long tradition of dictators like Mugabe and Macias Nguema blaming everything on the West to deflect from their own failings and abuses. Nevertheless, the distortions, iniquities and at times outright theft by Europeans have left a baleful legacy on many places, and even post-independence has still seen plenty of Western-backed dictators installed to keep the old order in tact. Moreover, you may not want an apology from Turks, but the degree you appear to hate them and blame them for Romania's ills comes across not entirely unlike some Third World demagogue ranting against the British or French
    They are responsible for Romania's situation and I still don't hate them at all. I only mentioned that history because it is true. I think the worst abuses in Africa by Europeans were in the 'Free State of Congo' which belonged personally to the Belgian king during the late 19th century, until the Belgian state took over and stopped the worst abuses. In reality Balkans, India and Africa all were exploited and oppressed by empires, but how come some of these places look worst than others today? How do you explain the high murder rate in African and even some Caribbean countries? They are no1 at that. I always found distasteful trying to blame rape and murder on poverty! Don't you think other factors are to blame for such things, like low IQ of perpetrators? And it isn't just that. There isn't any comparison between Africa and anywhere else almost, least of all the Balkans. They are in their own league of dysfunctionality and are a continent of completely failed states. They can not even defend the lives or property of their citizens or foreigners there from marauding gangs of criminals. Give it a rest already. Africa is in its own league of bad government, high crime(including violent crime),senseless tribal wars and disease. A lot of this is the fault of at least some Africans. AIDS is far more prevalent there than anywhere else because people there are too 'sexually liberal' even for current Western standards and they seem to not take kindly to birth control. I think Europe did much that was bad there, but I still think that European colonial rule, suitably reformed , was a better system of government for Africa to have even in our own times, if the times were a bit different that is...
    Last edited by Straightman; 05-10-2024 at 08:05 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    European Union
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Bro, youre the same thing as them unlike we 'not so fortunate creatures'.
    Yes I know you despise us Balkaners because we are poorer and because you conquered us once. You admire them because they are rich and they kicked you asses across Europe once... I have no problem with that. I find it funny that you think you can let me know on what I am allowed to have an opinion or if I am European too.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information